Pavi tiles

Great!!! Did you have a chance to sweat on them? No matter how wet they are, my sneakers seem to "stick" on the tiles and never slip... :)
One word of caution, though, (I think I have already written it on another post - that's Alzheimer's for you!!!), store your weights off them... you don't want little depressions leaving their mark on them, especially if you generally lift heavy.

Chris.

Thanks!!! I read all your posts(thats why I got these tiles) and my weights are off the tiles :) I got samples from alot of companies but these tiles were the best and they look good !!!! I did put puzzle mats down (I got them cheap at walmart) and these floors feel great. I workout out almost everyday and I am on wood floors and wow what a difference. Thanks you for posting on these tiles !!!! Love them
Sue :)

>Fyi
>These tiles are on sale its now $53.29 instead of $61.90 you
>can e-mail Kevin Walsh at [email protected]. Just set my
>Pavigym tiles up love them !!!!!!!

Could you let me know how big area this package will cover? Is it enough to cover 12'x12'?

Another question, do you need underlayer for this type of floor? Or you can just lay on top of (my basement) cement floor?

Thanks

WantFit

"Become the change you want to see in the world. Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Mahatma Gandhi

The tiles are 39 3/8" x 39 3/8" The tile thickness is 3/8".They have alot of colors to choose from. The puzzle mats really make a big difference with these tiles. The tiles were fine alone but it is so much better with the puzzle mats. I checked out a few tiles and they are all pricy but I decided I had to get something because I workout alot and I found myself hating working out on my hard wood floors. I ended up getting 6 tiles when Kevin at pavi offered the discount and he was very nice about answering all my questions you can e-mail them and ask for a free samples thats what sold me on these tiles.
PS We got our income tax return so I dipped into that fund to pay for these tiles :)
Sue

Thank you, sknauss1, for letting us know about the discount. I just emailed Kevin for more information and to verify the sale price.

He replied and part of his reply was "I did mistakenly offer a nice discount to on of your Cathe forum & bloggers. WE do charge $ 61.90 per tile but I am offering Cathe F people the tiles for $ 53.29 thru the end of the month.".

All I can say is YEAH for Cathe'ites. They must get quite the business from Cathe fans. Good for them and good for us. :) :)

Wow I did not know he was only offering it to Cathe'ites but I did tell him I got his name from this website. I e-mailed him so much maybe he offered me the discount to help me make up my mind (ha ha)! Kevin was very helpful and patient with me. I am so glad you get the discount :) I get some of the best information on this website !!!!
Sue

I ordered enough for my 10' x 12' workout space and it came to about $700 and change including shipping.

I didn't really want to spend the money on new flooring/tiles. I was hoping to buy a laptop, but I figured my joints needed the tiles more.

Anyway, that's all I know. :)

Susan L.G.

Susan,
Since I layed down my tiles I have been working out longer because I love the return you feel on these tiles. I dont have alot space in my workout room I only spent about $380ish on my floors. It works well for now but if I can move my workout room (when the kids move out :)) I will get some more of these tiles !!! I really think they will prevent all those aches and pains I get in my feet and ankles. Since I workout almost everyday it is money well spent I wish I would have gotten them along time ago !!!!!!
Sue

I am a relatively new Cathe'ite so still getting used to the lingo. I have been drooling over the Pavi tiles and want them .But before I order , the idea of something underneath them also sounds very appealing. In short i am willing to spend my tax return on these. Can someone please tell me what exactly are puzzle tiles? how thick are they and what is the difference with and without them?.Do you need special glue for any of these.Help
Thank you
Sahad

Sahad,
You do not need any glue to lay these floors down because they are heavy and they will not move once placed on your floor. The puzzle mats you can get anywhere I looked at Dicks Sporting and they had some nice excercise mats that would have worked but they were pricy. I found some nice excercise/puzzle mats at Walmart. I found the Pavi tiles were good alone without the puzzle mats but I had a few puzzle mats from the kids rooms and when I placed them under the tiles I had to have them under the tiles because there was a big difference!!! the return when you step on the tiles is what made me get the puzzle mats.My puzzle mats look to be 1/2" thick I think you may be able to find them thicker if you look around but the 1/2" works very well with these tiles. The tiles are also very nice looking I have them in my bedroom because that is where I workout and they look great also the tiles are protecting my hard wood floors (cant tell you how many times I have drop a weight on them oops ) Hope this helps :)
Sue

Oh if you want to see what these tiles look like go under this forum and scroll down to Plyo floors? and Chris has posted pictures of her floors :)

Sue or anyone that knows,
Do you know the difference between the PaviHome fitness tiles and PaviAerobic Group tiles.
The thickeness and dimensions seem to be the same.

Thanks

Saundra

I wish I had the catalog they mailed me but I wanted the Pavigym aerobic group x which "protects the skeletal structure,muscles and joints while reducing fatigue and injury." I am not sure what the difference is you can e-mail them or call :)I was thinking the home fitness tiles were for weight lifting areas ??????

That's a good question!... :D :D :D

I usually go for the "professional" or "club" version of a product - in this case the Group X... which hopefully guarantees durability. Although in Europe, PaviGym Spain has only 2 floors: the Aerobic Tile (9mm thickness) and the Fitness Tile (12mm thickness mainly for weight/treadmill/stationary bike rooms). It might be that the 12mm has less return energy and is more durable for weight plates and heavy equipment. On the other hand, the 9mm tiles are mostly suitable for aerobics/step/rebounder workouts. At least that's what I understood from reading the catalog and talking to the PaviGym Representative here in Greece.

Chris.

Man, I wish I could afford these tiles but I'm under a self-imposed spending freeze until all credit cards are paid off. But if it were between the tiles or a laptop, as one poster indicated, it would definitely be the tiles. Your knees will thank you forever. Kevin says he's getting hammered with requests from Catheites so he'll be swimming in commissions :).

I'm getting all the different types of tiles mixed up. Are the PaviTiles the ones that are not good over carpet? Was adding puzzle tiles underneath supposed to help with these over carpet? If they are so heavy, would there really be much sliding over carpet?

Thanks for the help. I just can't keep doing plyo moves on carpet over cement. My legs won't take it forever.

Aimee

Aimee
If you go on this forum scroll down to plyo floors and you can get alot of good information plus pictures about the Pavi tiles :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.