Paula's Choice ROCKS!

Ciddy

Cathlete
It must have been good luck for me that we were discussing skin care products yesterday because my Paula's Choice order arrived last night. Now keep in mind that I've only used it once last night and once this morning, but I have to say that I'm kicking myself HARD that I waited this long to order it. When the description on the website says it feels like you're washing your face with silk it doesn't lie. The face wash was very soft and creamy. I only ordered the Skin Balancing face wash and toner, but I am so impressed with only two uses that I'm ordering the Super Concentrate Mattifying something I can't remember the entire name (it's long) and the Carbon Mask. My cheeks have been slightly red all winter because I think they're a little chapped from the weather, but I noticed this morning that the redness is GONE. Also, my makeup went on so smoothly. My face doesn't feel tight and dry like it has been feeling. I can't say enough and again I've only used it TWICE. I can hardly wait to see what my skin will look like in a month using these and the additional products I'm purchasing today. I don't mean to sound like an infomercial, but this stuff kicks butt.:D :D

Ciddy,

I'm with you! I'm using the Super Antioxidant Concentrate and the Skin Balancing Moisture Gel daily, and they are wonderful! I also use her BHA gel occasionally, and I love the Best Face Forward foundation. I really appreciate the science behind Paula's products, knowing that she has figured out the concentrations and ingredients and packaging to make her products the best. So -- I'll be an infomercial with you! (I also have her new nail and cuticle moisturizer "pen," and it's great, but I'm using it up too fast! I'm addicted!

Allison

What I find the most surprising is that the four products I've ordered from Paula cost about $20.00 less than two products I've been using. Four products for less than the price of two and you still get exceptional quality. Can't beat that.:D

Allison,

I noticed you wrote that you use the Skin Balancing Super Concentrate and the Skin Balancing Moisture Gel. Do you use both at the same time? I was under the impression from what I read that they were both moisutrizers, so I was wondering what the differece between the two is. I have no problem ordering both since I am completely loving these products, I was just wondering. Also, what do you use around the eye area? Thanks.

I agree. I've used all kinds of drugstore, department store ( Lancome, Prescriptives,etc.)and infomercial (remember Victoria Jackson? ) and I like Paula's choice the best. It is really soothing to my skin and doesn't irritate. Right now I am only using her skincare, but plan on ordering makeup.
Ellen

I also agree that these products are wonderful. They don't cost any more than drug store brands and these actually work! I ordered samples of several products (which I think is a great idea to offer) and after trying the BHA 2% my skin looked awesome overnight!!! It worked better than any other acne product I've ever tried. I will be ordering plenty of her products in the future.

Crystal

Hi, Ciddy! I do use both the concentrate and the moisturizing gel at the same time, but for different reasons. I use the antioxidant concentrate morning and night, all over my face, neck, and around my eyes, and I use it as my first step. It's slightly moisturizing and leaves a lovely silky finish. If I'm not having a particularly dry day (I have combination skin), I stop there; but if I need a little more moisture, then I top with the moisturizing gel. It also has antioxidants, so it may be a little bit of overkill. But, the woman who performs treatments at my dermatologist's office suggested that an antioxidant serum is a good choice for undereye treatment, so I am happy using one or both of them as my twice daily eye product. I have to say that Paula's information on antioxidants has been very convincing to me, so I'm very excited about her products that contain them.

I'm not sure if all that answered what the difference between the serum and gel is, so -- the serum is a very thin, light product, and a little goes a long way. The moisture gel is thicker, more of a traditional "lotion." One other note -- the moisturizing gel is still fairly lightweight, so if I'm really dry, I use my old Basis oil-free moisturizer instead.

That's a lot of words -- I hope they helped some!!
Allison

Thanks Allison. You did answer my questions. I looked at the Q&A section on her website and it also helped to explain why it's actually better to use both because they are two very different products, so I have ordered quite a bit this time around. I am just so happy to have finally found something that impresses me from the start and not 4-6 weeks or longer into using the product. I've tried so many things over the past several months and nothing has worked this well. Now I just have to be patient and wait the week or so it will take to receive the additional products I just ordered.

I also use Paula's Choice and have to say it works the best for me. I've strayed a few times and always end up coming back. For some reason I always think things that are more expensive will work better...wrong! I'm 37 with adult acne and my skin looks the best it has in a very long time!

Paula's Choice is awesome skin care. I have oily/acne prone skin and I finally hardly ever break out anymore since I've found Paula's Choice. It works better then my dermotolgist ever did and I had tried EVERY skin care line high end and low end. I can't believe the difference Paula's Choice has made in the condition of my skin! I'm THRILLED with it. I really, can't say enough about it and I consider it miracle working skin care.
Angela:7

ciddy,

i knew you would love the products. i vary my items depending on the weather. if you have questions as to what to get, check the site, and put in your skin type. for more help call. when i first started, i called up and they helped me select the products i needed.

the body lotion with aha helps my legs not get so dry and scaly. with anything else, trial and error is the way to go. the one step face cleanser works for me. the skin balancing cleanser was harsh and burned my eyes. dont know why.

enjoy. next time wait for the free shipping.

suri

I have mixed reviews on Paula's products.

I hate Paula's make-up. As far as I'm concerned if you are over forty do not waste your money (it has no coverage). As for the cleansers, plain Cetaphil works better for me. I'm also not pleased with Paula's moisturizer (it is minimal at best). As for the alpha hydroxy acid gel and beta hydroxy lotions I think they are "okay" products.

Another effective but controversial product in her line is her skin lightening gel which is a 2% hydroquinone product. It does lighten the 2-3 age spots that I do have and the 4% prescription strength would cost about five times the price (and has a shorter expiration date). At this point, I'm not sure how long her lightening gel will be on the market. The FDA has been talking since August about taking products with hydroquinone off the market because of possible carcinogenicity (found in animals) and a link to ochronosis, a darkening and thickening of skin (most occur in dark complexions). The FDA is also talking about taking about all but one of the prescription versions of hydroquinone off the market as well.Hmmm....

I guess everyone has to make their own informed decisions on hydroquinone ..."Out D@mn spot out." ;-)

Just my thoughts on Paula's products,

I tried the moisturizer for my skin type, and my make-up caked up and became all blotchy on top of it! I wrote to the company, and they insisted that my make-up was the problem, but my make-up looks beautiful with all my other moisturizers. To use it up, I've been wearing the moisturizer on weekends, and there is nothing special about it that I can see.
Nancy

I have to say, I don't care for the makeup either. The skin care line for acne/oily skin is another story though!
Angela

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.