Party Rockin' Step 2

jdimascio

Cathlete
I just finished this one this morning. Let me tell you, it might be my new favorite step workout. Cathe created 6 fun combos with some intensity. Almost all of them have some sort of power move. The 6 combo is short and effective...a lot of jumping in that combo, she even puts a burpee in there, YIKES! So for those of you who don't want high impact you can modify and maybe use no risers. Anyway, each combo is short, which is perfect so you can get the moves down pretty easily. The whole workout goes by really fast!!

Love this workout...A+

So fun!

I have to agree with Jenn - this was so fun! I had almost made it through to #6 and PECO decided to change my electric meter out :(. So I did the Step Premix which includes a few combos from Party Rock 1 so I had the chance to preview it today, too! There are a couple of new moves in the videos, it is so doable if you are patient and listen :) I am so excited to have these new step videos...

Ellen

I gave this one a try this morning. I think I will try party rockin step #1 this weekend, when I have more time to stop, repeat, practice, learn. ;) I enjoyed party rockin step 2. It moves very quickly, and is very doable, although I got tripped up a couple of times b/c I kept forgetting to step over the front of the step. Intuitively, my feet did not want to cooperate. :mad: I like the music a lot, and enjoyed the intensity. The music goes well with the workout, but again, it moves quickly, which contributes to the intensity of the workout. I'm so excited for a new step workout. Now I have to figure out what to do tomorrow. I'm torn between X10 and Flex Train...

I got this step workout down better than the party step #1. That was a little more difficult to learn, but Cathe gives options so it's fun once you get it. I think both steps are great and different from each other. I've had a lot of fun with all the workouts I've done so far (4) and will be doing Flex Train later today. I'm not sure about x10 because I'm not sure if I want to do just a few segments for try the whole workout. With so many premixes, too many options to think about. Isn't it great!!!!!!!

Years ago I really enjoyed doing step but I have slowly gotten away from it. However, after reviewing Party Rocking 2 I think I may have to try this one out. I love the power moves in this one. Thanks for the reviews ladies!

I agree w/ Firemedic...I got this one better than step #1 (need practice on that one). This was more of steady state w/ some blasts sprinkled in but nothing too intense. I really enjoyed it. I've gotten so used to Imax 3, Bodymax 2, Intensity, Tabatas and other super intense, out of breath, I think I'm gonna die type of workouts that I found this really awsome. The moves were not so simple that it's boring and the mini blasts keep it interesting and the HR up. Cathe often tells you how to amp it up or tone it down. I love her, her workouts and the girls! An inspiration!

Thanks for the reviews, ladies. Mine are STILL on their way. . .

I was wondering about the impact level, esp. on Party 2. Is it fairly joint-friendly or at least easily modifiable? Thanks.

Both step workouts are pretty easily modified for lower impact. But step #2 is higher impact than #1, IMO, because there are more power 3's & 7's & more jumping. Cathe does let you know if, when and how to use lower impact. I had a lot of fun with both.

Thanks for the reviews, ladies. Mine are STILL on their way. . .

I was wondering about the impact level, esp. on Party 2. Is it fairly joint-friendly or at least easily modifiable? Thanks.

I should get mine in Phoenix tomorrow, and all of these reviews make me excited about them. Both the step one sound like fun.

I will have to preview PRS1 though but it looks like a great time.

I like how everyone is mentioning how short the combos are that makes it good too particularly when short on time :)

I loved it! Total sweatfest! The combos were fun and easy to pick up. I did have to ditch the riser for the last combo.

I thought I was in good shape...

Did premix #1 of this DVD today and I really liked it. I thought it might be a little too "dancey" for me, but with Cathe's impeccable cuing I was able to "get it" without a rewind and just a couple of humbling fumbles. I don't know why, but HR seemed off the charts (average = 150 BPM). I torched 200 Kcals/35% from fat in less than 30 minutes. That seems a little intense for this workout with some new and many classic moves. Today my quads feel heavy, my calves are tight, & I have a little DOMS in my inner thighs. I guess it's just different and new enough to stimulate the CV & neuro-muscular systems in a different way.

This "familiar variety" that consistently confuses my muscles is what I love best about Cathe's programs!

Thanks for the reviews every one, can any one describe one of the new moves or steps in either PRS 1 or 2?

I'm so excited and curious I can"t wait to learn a new Cathe step routine or even better 2!!!

The first to get them in Canada please post, give us all hope ours will be here soon:D

Brigitte:)

This will be my crappy mood Workout!

Sometimes I just get in a funk and come home crabby. I typically workout when I get home so it's hard for me to pick a workout when I feel like that, which is why I usually stick to routines......so that I don't wuss out on my workouts.:confused: I will usually pick something like IMAX 2 b/c I just feel better after doing it. Well, I think I found my new crappy mood go-to workout:D

I like this b/c it's kinda like dancin' and even though I'm a hard rocker at heart, the music kept me skippin' along. The routines are easy to learn but I don't think they will get boring b/c there's not a whole lot of review on them. It seemed easy to do b/c it was fun, but my shirt was soaked at the end. I did the workout on a 6" step. I'm not sure I will attempt it on a 8" (my normal) step height b/c there's quite a few step moves that tap or go across the step at a pretty good pace......so not sure how that would work with a higher step.

I will be doing this one again soon......but there's so many others to try out first.:cool:

This will be my crappy mood Workout!

Sometimes I just get in a funk and come home crabby. I typically workout when I get home so it's hard for me to pick a workout when I feel like that, which is why I usually stick to routines......so that I don't wuss out on my workouts.:confused: I will usually pick something like IMAX 2 b/c I just feel better after doing it. Well, I think I found my new crappy mood go-to workout:D

I like this b/c it's kinda like dancin' and even though I'm a hard rocker at heart, the music kept me skippin' along. The routines are easy to learn but I don't think they will get boring b/c there's not a whole lot of review on them. It seemed easy to do b/c it was fun, but my shirt was soaked at the end. I did the workout on a 6" step. I'm not sure I will attempt it on a 8" (my normal) step height b/c there's quite a few step moves that tap or go across the step at a pretty good pace......so not sure how that would work with a higher step.

I will be doing this one again soon......but there's so many others to try out first.:cool:

This workout always puts me in a good mood...one of my favorite step workouts!

I was really happy to see this post, because although I agree that HIIT workouts are effective and valuable, I do love learning the step patterns and putting them together at the end (which I realize is what most folks who don't like step routines don't enjoy). I love the feeling of accomplishment when I can do them with no mistakes!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.