Paper plates on carpet?

EricaH

Cathlete
I just saw the newest pictures on the blog and was wondering if the exercises with paper plates would work on carpet.

Thanks!

Erica

Bumping! :) I was just wondering the same thing!

I may try it out tomorrow to see if it'll work alright!

Erica,
If paper plates don't work, you can purchase sliding discs made of durable plastic, which are specifically designed for fitness. And they work really well on carpet.
Check amazon.com or google.

I wonder too if the more plastic-y paper plates would work. Actually, there is a brand of plastic "paper" plates out there. I bet they'd work fine on carpet.

I have been using cardboard with a slick finish (the side of a computer shipping box) on my carpet while doing a variety of gliding movements including lunges and pushups. I have never had a problem. I used cheap paper plates in the past with good results, but I would recommend finding something with a shiny picture/ slick finish. My cardboard pieces have been used 2 times a week for almost three years and are in great shape.

I'll finally have a use for those gliding discs I bought eons ago! I bought this whole Mindy Mylrea package deal about a year ago, previewed the DVD, and put it away -- never to look at it again. I just didn't connect with Mindy and I couldn't get into her workout. My gliding discs are still in the plastic bag. :eek:

I used the just cheap paper plates during P90X for pushups and they worked great on carpet... They do add to the movement totally too...

So excited for this new series...

How do you think paper plates would work on rubber flooring or even on concrete? I work out in my basement on thick rubber mats, which are over a concrete floor.

Thanks,
Shelbygirl

Shelbygirl, I was just wondering this same thing. I workout in my basement on a puzzle mat. I think I'll try it out just for fun!

Gayle

>How do you think paper plates would work on rubber flooring
>or even on concrete? I work out in my basement on thick
>rubber mats, which are over a concrete floor.
>
>Thanks,
>Shelbygirl

when i used puzzle mats at my old place i had a hard time with them. maybe the plastic shiny ones mentioned above. i never tried. furniture mover discs do work on puzzle mats though.

kassia

http://www.picturetrail.com/ldy_solana

"And do what thee wilt as long as ye harm none"

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1307/4842454/16585805/276676894.jpg

Paper plates work great on carpet.
A microfiber cloth works well on wooden floors (and lets you double task floor cleaning and working out, LOL!).
I find that most things don't work as smoothly on puzzle mats as on carpet or wood floors, so I have an area rug that I pull out to do sliding stuff on, and I use some Gliding discs on it (paper plates would work as well, but it's a shame to use something disposable, IMO).

I do something similar to Kathryn since I have puzzle mats. I have a piece of linoleum I put on top of my mats and use wash cloths.

does anyone have any other options for puzzle mats, I really don't want to have to pull out a peice of linoleum or carpet since I already spend so much time getting out all the weights and steps etc. Does anything else work on puzzle mats?

Does anything else work on puzzle mats?

I tried plates, cloth, and the furniture gliders before I gave up and purchased the linoleum. The linoleum also makes it easier to pivot when doing aerobics, so I have been tempted to just leave it there. I still have the "give" I like from the puzzle mats even with the linoleum on top.

Thanks for the tip about the linoleum!! I was wondering how I was going to do the exercise with the paper plates too on my puzzle mat floor.

Dallas

> Does anything else work on puzzle mats?
The gliding discs and furniture sliders do work on puzzle mats, but they aren't as slippery as they would be on carpet. The sliding leg would get more work than with gliding discs/sliders (which would be fine if it's the leg that's being worked--not as beneficial if they are used for 'one-legged-squat'type moves, where the non-moving leg is the one being worked).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.