P90X January Starters, Wednesday!!!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Xers!

CLASSIC/PHASE 2/WEEK 8/DAY 3/RECOVERY WEEK

I have my step class tonight in lieu of Kenpo. I was originally going to leave out Stretch X this week due to time constraints and just squeeze in the second yoga tomorrow but I think I will do the stretch at nap time today since I realized that I will have the time to get it done afterall.

Nancy: I meant including the X's cardio as a whole...not just Cardio X. LOL There are lots of folks though who don't like Cardio X. I think it's a great work out. No, it's not as intense as Plyo nor is it "Cathe-intense" but why should it be!? Not everything has to be that hard to be effective! Jeesh! LOL That's why it rubs me the wrong way when folks put Kenpo down simply b/c it's NOT an HR killer. I guess some people are a glutton for punishment ALL OF THE TIME! LOL...No, I am not a regular watcher of the Idol though I do watch the auditions and like to watch the very last of the competitions....Very popular show though. :)

hey Wendy,

Hope you don't mind me popping in here to say I hope you will share your pitures when you are done. It is amazing to remember back when you were pregnant with Joey! He sure has grown and what a cutie. I also read you are going for yout PT certificate. Good for you! You have really taken on some great challenges with running races and PT cret. You go girl!

Terri

Awww thanks Terri! What a sweet post! :) I still remember being preggy like it was y'day!;) Now Joey is gonna be 2 in just a few months!:eek: I am still debating on the pic revealing thing but I will definately share my gains/losses. I am HOPING that I am atleast happy with the FINAL set of pics cause then I will consider sharing them all. We'll see what happens....Thanks again. You are such a nice person!:)

Hi Everybody -

So I just lost another post. Where do they go?

Wendy - I thought you just meant Cardio X. It's a good idea leaving the cardio from the X in your future workouts. I like them too - probably because I can "almost" do them. I get too winded with all of Cathe's jumping and stuff. Plus, I really feel it's hard on the knees. So, instead of avoiding cardio altogether (which his what I normally have done), I'll include these.

Some people are talking about doing an endurance rotation when they're done with the X. Do you have any clue what you're doing yet? I thought about Fitness Freak's Jan. rotation because it's a lot like the X but maybe I should be mixing it up - ? - don't know. I like that rotation because it looks like I can actually DO it and I have all of the DVDs.

If this gets lost again, I'm not re-posting, lol.x(

Have a great day!!!!

Nancy

P.S. How's Joey been feeling? I'm almost sure all of that stuff was due to dehydration, at least I hope so!!!!!!! I hope he's doing great!!!! He really is cute!!!!!

Morning Ladies -
(Phase 3 - week 9 - day 3 - my version classic)

I called the Dr. about the rash .. said it could be chicken pox or scarlet fever :eek: .. same treatment reccommendation .. benadryl - oatmeal bath - calamine lotion - acetameniphen .. OK .. so I took a benadryl last night .. LOL .. I am a drug victim this morning .. that crap nocked me off my butt .. I did not have to worry about tossing and turning .. I WAS OUT!! LOL

Better this morning .. bumps still there .. but less angry

Nancy .. the workout did make it worse .. when I get hot it gets MORE angry . . but once I cool down it eases off .. and BTW .. I have the title for being the one that blows the food all the time .. I actually have done decent this week!! But you did not blow it near like I usually do .. just get back on track today!!

Wendy .. gotta say ITA about the HR thing .. not every workout requires the HR at maximum intensity .. in fact just the opposite is where you burnt the most fat .. moderate intensity .. and my favorite interval training is the biggest calorie/fat burn!! It erks me when everyone thinks it is not a workout unless they are gasping for breath .. and Kenpo .. uuummm .. it's purpose is not necessarily maximum HR .. I know my arms get one heck of a workout .. same thing w/PLYO .. man does it do a number on my legs . . so the goal is not necessarily max HR but MAX workout of ALL the muscles in a different way .. ITA w/you!!

Marcia.. do you have weigh in this week? Please report .. got that positive energy going up for you!

Angie .. how is the third phases proving to be for you?

OH .. did any of you watch the Bob Woodruff special last night .. OMG . I cried and cried .. reminded me so much of my father .. (he was in a coma for 6 weeks w/massive head injury and had brain damage) and Bob's struggle was much like my father .. except Bob's recovery was better! What an awe inspiring man and family!!

OK .. that is all from the chicken pox/bumpy drugged up lady .. LOL .. today is SHOULDERS and ARMS .. can't wait!! then tonight teaching an all cardio step class tonight~!

To everyone and all who follow (our group has dwindled) .. have a great day and great workouts!!

:7

Hi Everyone,

I did Shoulders and Arms this morning. I really seem to like this workout alot. I didn't have time for arx so I'll do a long ab workout tonight.

Wendy-I have to agree with you that all workouts to not have to max hr to provide benefit. It is much better to mix up your workouts anwyay. I haven't done cardio x. Can you compare it to another workout so I know what it's like?

Nancy-I haven't decided what to do next either. I'm thinking one of fitnessfreak's or a Cathe endurance rotation. There are just so many to choose from.

Laura-My goodness, I sure hope you feel better soon. Chicken pox looks more like little water blisters that itch. Once the blisters pop they scab over. (gross I know) You don't want to scratch though as that could cause scarring.
I did see the Bob Woodruff special too. Just seeing everything he went through was so touching. It makes me more thankful than ever for the simple joys in life.

Marcia-good luck at your weigh in today. I missed my weigh in this work so I can only hope I'm doing as good as I think:)

Were missing a few today, but I am sure they are just busy working out:p

Have a great day everyone.

Diana

Diana ..

hey I did shoulders and arms today too .. and I forgot how hard that was .. the bicep and triceps were not quite as hard as the individual workouts I will do next week .. but this one surprised me .. my shoulders are going to be sore tomorrow!!

My bumps are NOT blistering (at least not yet) .. so I am more convinced this is some sort of allergic reaction .. I just bought the high effeciency front load washer and dryer .. it uses less water .. and I am thinking maybe since it uses less water that it is not rinsing the detergent/softner as I am used to .. so I am going lessen the amount of detergent and softner and see if that is it .. aahhhhhhhh .. hit 40 and the body is falling apart .. LOL!!!

ok ... better get busy .. looking forward to the all cardio step class tonight .. cardio is such a breeze compared to weights!! LOL

You should be happy it's not chicken pox, not that a burning itching rash isn't as bad.
How do you like your new high efficiency washer & dryer? I'm thinking of getting those when my washer and dryer give up. My washer is 9 yrs old and my dryer is 10 yrs old. I think the dryer will be giving up before the washer.

Diana

<<<How do you like your new high efficiency washer & dryer >>>

LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!!:7 :7 :7

When the clothes come out of the washer they are practically dry .. the dryer actually measures the weight of the clothes and times them accordingly .. never have to add more time .. always perfect .. Cuts laundry time in half.

DH says he has never had so many clean clothes at one time since I got them .. LOL ... uh um .. think he is being a bit of a smarty pants .. LOL ...

I think they are a good investment ..

bit of advice .. if you get the risers make sure the peron installing them knows what they are doing . . got to be dead level and the bolts to the riser has got to be as tight as possible .. b/c when it goes on HIGH spin .. it means HIGH spin ... neuclear reactor kind of spin .. LOL ..

I love the risers b/c I can keep all my dertigents - softner etc hidden and out of the way .. PLUS i keep the swifter supplies in there - very convenient ..

So I went to my step class tonight and fell on my butt!:eek: :7

*waits to tell story until the laughter dulls to a low roar*

We were just starting a segment where you are not allowed to use risers because it's agility training type stuff where you do alot of quick hoppy, jumpy type stuff from one to foot to the other between the floor and the step, etc. So anyway...within in the first 20 seconds of the segment I put my foot on the platform and WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE, out it came from under me and down I went on to my butt! OUCH! LOL Needless to say I did not use the platform for the rest of that segment! LOL

I have done that kind of stuff before with out a problem but I may have been on a more slippery part of the floor and possibly the rubber on the bottom of my platform was worn. Who knows...but with the risers in it was fine.

So yes, I may have a bruise on my backside and a small bruise on my ego but otherwise I am fine! I got right up and kept on going!:D :7 :eek: :p :+ :7 }( :D

Oh, Wendy!!!! I can feel your pain, in more ways than one!!!! I hope you're not too sore tomorrow.

I was a slacker this evening. Too much to do (excuses, excuses), so I blew off Stretch X. I definitely regret it now. Oh well, I'll pick up where I left off tomorrow. My eating was better today, until tonight when I went a bit overboard with dinner. I wonder if I don't get enough calories during the day which causes me to overeat at night. I have to try to track my calories, I guess.

Okay, have a great night!!!

Nancy

Hi ladies -

OMG what a horrible day! Last night I was on my laptop after I posted and suddenly - blackness - computer crashed like the jet plane on lost. And, of course, would not re-boot! GRRRRRRRRRR}( }( }( So, I go to bed in a bad mood - probably had bad dreams too but luckily I didn't remember them. Then, I get up in the morning and our lovely beagle decided she would leave gifts for me on the floor! Grrrrrrrrr}( }( So, I take the laptop in and they tell me it's a $500 fix. This is the second major repair with it and I've only had it for 2 years - I know a lemon when I see one and refuse to put another penny into this piece of junk DELL. Never again!! So, computer man is building me a new laptop but it won't be ready until next week.:-( :-( x( I never realized how addicted to my laptop I am. So, I'm on the PC in the basement that is from the stone ages. It takes 15 minutes to boot up - no kidding. It's like having dial up again. (pouting)x(

Then I go to work and the printer decides to have a tude with me. I finally get the printer to see things my way. I get home and the cordless phone won't work - it somehow got unplugged. Then I come down to the basement to boot up this antique and of coarse, needs a security update - 40 minutes later - here I am. I'm kinda hoping the power goes out tomorrow so I can't break anything else. I was debating whether or not I should do laundry or run the dishwasher. The dishwasher is on it's last leg - maybe I can finish it off. LOL Rant over.......

Laura - glad your rash is getting better.:) Did you get an LG washer and dryer?

Nancy - I haven't done Cardio X either. I'm gonna have to try that one next week.

Wendy - hope your butt heals quickly - I guess that's one way to get DOMS :eek: (just kidding) That's one reason I workout at home - so when I fall on my behind (and I have) nobody gets to watch.:D

Today was back and biceps - oh how I love this workout!!! I love to work the glamour muscles;) Oh, then there was ARX too - ug! But needless to say I really worked out some frustrations and I needed it!!

If you don't hear from me in a couple of days, it's because we're expecting a wicked storm dropping ice then 6-12 inches of snow. The kids are stoked! I've got dishes and laundry going. I'm sure if it is as wicked as they are calling for, I will loose my internet service.:-(

Oh gosh, I forgot who all else posted - very sorry, but I can't go back because it would take me til midnight. I'll catch you all later - I hope!

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.