P90x 3

I ordered it and plan to start either after Christmas or New Year's. I really like that it's 30 min workouts because that's all I have time for. Tony can get a bit annoying but the option to turn him off and have only cues come through works well with playing your own music in the background. My husband and I did P90X together and enjoyed it, I saw some increased tone which was nice but I wasn't very careful with my diet and didn't lose. Hopefully this round will be different :)

If you do order now express shipping is free through December I believe.

Cindy

I am getting STS for christmas, so plan on starting a 3-6 month rotation with that. It seems silly to order P90x3 just to have it sit on the shelf (not that it has stopped me before....)

I do not like BB and have no desire to purchase this, but I posted on another forum that if Cathe came up w/ something similar to this (metabolic, some yoga/pilates/stretch mixed in too, 30 min workouts, 16 total workouts) that it would be REALLY AWESOME!!!

I am interested, too. I own P90X and P90X2 already. I also like the idea of 30 minute workouts. I actually have an hour in the morning to workout, but I always want to do strength AND intense cardio, so if I get it, I have plans to do P90X3 workouts followed by 20-30 minutes of HIITs. I know P90X workouts are excellent strength workouts, so I like the idea of being able to get an excellent and intense strength workout followed by some intense cardio and all in an hour.

But I am also interested in Focus T25 and still haven't gotten it. I am a Cathe fan and always seem to gravitate back to her workouts and neglect all the other trainers' workouts I own (a lot!) even if I love them, too. Something about Cathe's workouts I just adore and keeps pulling me back to do her workouts more than anyone elses'. Plus I am in the middle of round 2 of STS done pyarmid style, so no point in buying any other program yet anyway. But it is definitely on my "to buy" list--unless I hear negative reviews.

Last edited:
I like beachbody, I did for years slim6, slim series, p90x, Insanity but I was in the 4th week and I start to feel back pain is very intense and now I do have back problem but after I find Cathe and I love her so. But if you try let us know how work for you. Good luck.

I was just wondering the same thing. I did p90x and I am quite interested in trying the shorter version. I am also eyeing T25. However, I just bout most of Cathe's deal of the day DVDs from Black Friday week. I might purchase it later after more reviews come out.

On youtube there's a short interview/clip with Tony giving a preview of some of the new moves in P90X3, based on that short clip I was glad I didn't order yet! I can't even describe the moves, it just seemed like the few he showed were just trying to hard to put an "original" spin on a traditional body weight exercise. I'm still interested in the reviews on this set b/c my husband showed some interest in the 30 minute aspect of the workouts.

I am really curious about P90X3 also because of the 30 minute aspect. However, I'm looking to build muscle, not just tone up. I'm worried that this program will just be about weight loss and toning. I think I'll wait until I can read some reviews.

I am curious about this system, as well, if anyone can give me a summary. I like Tony, but frankly, I am a little tired of workouts that are comprised mainly of push ups and pull ups...I don't mind a few, but personally, I think he goes over board with those two exercises.

My P90X3 arrived in the mail yesterday and my husband and I tried the first workout tonight.

It comes with 2 workouts on each DVD with 8 DVD's total (not counting the watch this first DVD). There are various schedules to choose from, Classic (total body fitness), Lean (more toned look), Mass (bulk or getting ripped), and Doubles. We're doing Classic.

Here's a list of the workouts

Total Synergistics - full body resistance workout. This is what we did tonight and it's a lot of balance and core work. 2 push-up sets, 2 pull-up sets (didn't seem like too much to me like some P90X workouts would), lots of balance with weights. It had a 3 min warm-up and a 1 min cool-down. He takes more breaks than Cathe does in her workouts but it had some challenges for me and got the heart rate up.

Agility X - full-body that requires floor targets to dictate movements. Just did this one and it has a 3 min warm up then 27 min of the workout followed by an additional 4 min cool down. I was dripping sweat by half way through and it has a lot of jump/balance movements. Two moves with push-ups. I can tell this is one I'll have to watch my knees on with modification - that was my only complaint about P90X.
The Challenge - staking push-ups and pull-ups.

X3 Yoga

CVX - Cardio combining resistance with intervals.

The Warrior - Total body free of equipment.

Isometrix -combines isometric contraction with instability for a rock solid core.

Dynamix - Increases range of motion, flexibility, and stabilization.

Accelerator - Aerobic and anaerobic

Pilates X

Incinerator - Brings you to failure

Triometrics - Plyometrics beyond jumping

MMX - Mixed martial arts

Eccentric Upper -Muscle growth

Eccentric Lower - Muscle growth

Decelerator - Stabilize and protect muscles

Cold Start - Extra warm-up - it looks like this is an option at the beginning of each DVD

There are also 3 additional workouts you can order to supplement - I was a tad annoyed when I saw this at the end of the DVD bundle.

Complex Upper, Complex Lower, X3 Ab Ripper

Cindy

Last edited:
My P90X3 arrived in the mail yesterday and my husband and I tried the first workout tonight.

It comes with 2 workouts on each DVD with 8 DVD's total (not counting the watch this first DVD). There are various schedules to choose from, Classic (total body fitness), Lean (more toned look), Mass (bulk or getting ripped), and Doubles. We're doing Classic.

Here's a list of the workouts

Total Synergistics - full body resistance workout. This is what we did tonight and it's a lot of balance and core work. 2 push-up sets, 2 pull-up sets (didn't seem like too much to me like some P90X workouts would), lots of balance with weights. It had a 3 min warm-up and a 1 min cool-down. He takes more breaks than Cathe does in her workouts but it had some challenges for me and got the heart rate up.

Agility X - full-body that requires floor targets to dictate movements.

The Challenge - staking push-ups and pull-ups.

X3 Yoga

CVX - Cardio combining resistance with intervals.

The Warrior - Total body free of equipment.

Isometrix -combines isometric contraction with instability for a rock solid core.

Dynamix - Increases range of motion, flexibility, and stabilization.

Accelerator - Aerobic and anaerobic

Pilates X

Incinerator - Brings you to failure

Triometrics - Plyometrics beyond jumping

MMX - Mixed martial arts

Eccentric Upper -Muscle growth

Eccentric Lower - Muscle growth

Decelerator - Stabilize and protect muscles

Cold Start - Extra warm-up - it looks like this is an option at the beginning of each DVD

There are also 3 additional workouts you can order to supplement - I was a tad annoyed when I saw this at the end of the DVD bundle.

Complex Upper, Complex Lower, X3 Ab Ripper

Cindy

Thank you, that is very helpful! :)

I ordered these

Hi,

I liked P90X and a few of BB programs. I like the variety of having different systems to choose from. Although after X train Burn sets, getting anything else does seem unnecessary. But just to keep things fresh and enable people...lol

I think it would be interesting to try it. I do not like T25 much. But I do like Asylum. I did not like P90X plus. I think I like things to be hard but reasonable.

Tony did mention that his 30 minutes is reasonable. I do not want busted joints in exchange for weight loss. i liked that he insisted on the optional longer warm up and that he actually said he tried to talk them into atleast 40 minutes when the project was handed down to him.

And when thirty minutes won, the design was more on exercise stacking than just jumping around and flailing about to get intensity in. That sold it to me. Hope it holds true.
;)

I'm interested in this one. I liked phase I of P90X2 best and if this is anything like that, I'd get it. I am also glad there is an extended warmup. If it didn't have that, I wouldn't even consider it.

I really like the look of this, and I do want to balance out running and cross training better in 2014, this year it was mostly crosstraining or heavy running which was okay, but I prefer a more consistent cardio & weights ratio, like 3:1

cardio (mainly running) & weights/yoga/bodyweight/barre type

I have only gone through the original one time, and would like to have another crack at those assisted pull ups/chin ups, push ups. I like that whole set but this one looks like it would really fit in nice. I'm pretty much behind the band wagon by a year or two, but it's definitely on my list, which will be quite a bit shorter for next year. wish I could try them all.

:eek:

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.