OPRAH'S TALKING ABOUT HER WEIGHT, AGAIN!

When Ferret Bob came out with his first book around 1996,I started the program at the 6th week post partum and dropped 10 lbs in 4 weeks, even nursing....but THEN was my own "aha" moment....I smelled a wheat thin and went bonkers and realized with that deprivation and punishing workout schedule, no wonder Oprah sees a bucket of chicken and stuffs in all in her mouth...and now with this stupid rule of no food past 730, she likely stuffs the whole bird in at once! Not trying to be mean,but his program is dated and unreasonable and NOT sustainable clearly!

Jillian Michaels gave results of a long term study that showed that over a year, it made NO difference what time of day you ate, and even if you only ate one mega meal a day (talking about weight loss, not how good one felt or energy level!)....in the long run it was the calorie deficit, and more about what you ate then the workout!!!! Of course working out helps all of it, but WHO is going to run 75 minutes even IF they have the time on a consistent lifelong basis, its absurd!

She has done so much damage to her body, her thyroid we know about, but I wonder about b/p, heart function, liver function...etc.....I am almost wondering if shed be a candidate for gastic bypass.......she's exhausted everything else......

I just e-mailed Oprah.com

I agree Oprah needs a different program. I also agree Cathe would be the best choice. I just went to Oprah.com and told her she needed to have fun and join Cathe. Why don't you all do the same. I hate the incomplete info everyday people are getting from her. You may be told how much to exercise but if you see the amount Oprah had to do, you would surely believe there was no hope.
Joan

DITTO!! :D

Back in the 80's I loved her show, because she seemed like a real person. Now I can't stand her. She's completely self-absorbed and acts as though every word out of her mouth should be met with reverence.

She's doing this for ratings, period. Everyone knows she's gained the weight back, we do have eyes ya know ;) but now she's throwing a pity-party for herself. She should clam up, put her head down, and get to work doing what the rest of us do without a brass band cheering us on: eat less, move more.

I totally agree!

I do like Oprah, but I have to admit that she's lost touch with reality. If you ever watch one of her "My Favorite Things" shows, you totally see it. $5000 bed sheets? Yeah, I can sleep on the much cheaper ones and get a really good night's sleep.

My first reaction was anger about her announcement on being a "fat cow". Here we are trying to convince our girls that not everyone has to be stick skinny to be beautiful, and there is Oprah, a beautiful woman, who is complaining about being a fat cow. I think we, as women and as society, need to stop focusing on a very narrow definition of beauty and start focusing more on health. It IS possible to be heavier, but healthy.

I agree Oprah needs a different program. I also agree Cathe would be the best choice.

I agree she needs a different program.

I don't agree though that Cathe would be the best choice for her.

I think she might feel intimidated, and also continue to judge herself vs. Cathe. Better for her, IMO, is a trainer who isn't quite so petit or such a hard body, someone closer to what Oprah would look like in good shape. Someone who can make the workouts fun for her without being too intimidating.

I'm thinking Gin Miller, for example. Or Victoria Johnson (who used to be overweight herself).

its her thyroid

Poor thing. We know that we can make people fat with hormones (I've been on the receiving end of that with my PCO) and I think her problem is she eats too little fat and protein (like someone already posted.) She probably needs to reduce her stress level. We know stress makes us fat. I don't know if what she really needs is some help with food as an addiction (possible) or just some good fats. I hate to see her be so sad.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.