**One Day at a Time ** May 6 - June 3

Jane Royse

Cathlete
This thread was started for those of us that have physical issues & can't always follow a standard rotation to a T. We offer support for those of us who have injuries, or conditions (fibromyalgia in my case) that we deal with on a (frustratingly) daily basis. Any & all are welcome!
Good news! I've been cleared by my chiropractor to do upper body weight work again. Yay! Now to regain my lost strength!
I did HiiT 30/30 on Friday evening. I did Low Impact Circuit with the Bonus Cardio on Saturday, & Body Max 2 with the Bonus Cardio on Sunday.
Cathy: How's your back doing? Has your chiropractor been helping?
Renee: How's the foot? I see on FB that you've been doing some LIS workouts. I'll need to up my game on those, to get ready for the 2 new ones.
I see that we'll have a new cast member on the new workouts - Marlo. Cedie is back! Getting excited!!!

:D
Thank you Jane for doing great on starting the new thread!

Yesterday was a extra long yoga workout by Mark Laham: Power Yoga: Open the Hips #2! Just what I needed!
Don't know if I'll get a workout in today, just got back from the chiropractor & there are more things to do on the road!
I'm not suppose to do bicycle abs because of the low back! She was very adamant about this!

Jane: I have to admit I'm envious on your workouts over the weekend! Absolutely great!:D How are you feeling after all that fun? Very happy you're cleared for weights:D
I haven't had time yet to read the newsletter but, glad Cedie is back!

Renee: How are doing & how are the LIS workouts feeling on your foot?

Take care & HUGS,
Cathy

Last edited:
Good morning!
I went for Cardio & Weights yesterday evening. It went well, so I think I'm ready to concentrate on lifting heavy again.
Cathy: I notice that my back/hip doesn't like bicycle maneuvers, either. There's some other ab moves that it doesn't like - anything that has my legs going out straight (lying on the floor) - owie! The workout you mentioned - does it help your hips feel better? I wonder if that would help me? I'm glad your workout felt so good for you!
I was only able to do the longer workouts because my DH wasn't home. I don't like to take that much time with a workout if he's home. What I noticed was how tired my legs seemed to get. I don't know if it was because of the 8 inch step, or what, but I know that when I do lunges in a warm up & they burn, I'm in trouble! I know that out-of-whack hormones can affect muscle strength, so I'm dreaming that all of this blarney will get taken care of when I get my hormones back to where they should be. :rolleyes: I can dream, right??? My weight hasn't budged at all, & I've been very, very careful with what I've been eating, so I'm just going to quit worrying about it & focus on getting strong & fit!
Renee: Everything going OK? I hope the LIS is agreeing with your foot!
Take good care, & HUGS!

:D
Today was High Reps:)

Jane: Great on Cardio & Weights! I don't do that one often enough!
I think it might take 6 to 8 weeks for that weight to go! It goes on fast but can take forever to come off! Worrying about things causes stress which can keep the weight on also!
Take care & HUGS,
Cathy

Wow I thought I posted on here! I'm so sorry.. I missed a couple of days!
Jane wow wow I to am envious! Love those workouts but never could do the bonus on it! Now I can't do it! I have been doing the LI s that is only thing I seem to b able to do I can't do my favorite that is step. Its like the pushing off the foot pulls and I feel it in the heal. Strange for sure. Running hurts till I get going then I feel fine. Til hour after.
I have been tired to. Err I don't like that. I have hard hard time not eating at night. And I wonder y I can't lose! Wow LOL. Duh Renee ...

Cathe I love cardio and weight I did it once before this happened to foot. I bought gym legs.. HSC and bootcamp. N cardio and weight and intensity all about week n a half. I did all once so sad! I wanted to play so bad! I couldn't wait for the mail then this. The LIS just not as fun for me. I miss the Dickens music. Eek don't shoot LOL.
Glad u guys are getting straight ...

Good Morning:D
Today I did Step Blast Premix #1 & Petra K.: The Last Step Premix # 1 & # 2!
I swapped the discs around on these as well! The different styles made this enjoyable for me! I finished with Karen's Yoga Focus:Stretch!:D

Renee: I'm very sorry you're missing step workouts! I'd be lost if I couldn't do step! High Reps, Muscle Endurance, Lower Body Blast, & STS 4 Total Body move faster & you should be able to burn off some calories with these workouts along with kickboxing just don't do the jumps & modify!

Jane: I forgot to respond about the abs:( I can do the pilates style bike manouvers just not the regular ones! I have the same problem with the straight leg moves as well, so I modify those too!
I just started reading Jillian last night so I'm in the first chapter! I'll try to catch up! We got to take the dogs for their shots today!(I can't spell today have to type everything twice!:mad:)

Have a great day,
Take care & HUGS,
Cathy

Good afternoon!
I didn't get to work out yesterday evening. We had to take one of our dogs to the vet. It takes 2 of us - just to get her in & out of the vehicle! She's been limping for a couple of weeks, so we figured we'd better get her in. The vet thinks she's got arthritis in her shoulder, so gave us some drugs... We were afraid she was going to say cancer, but she definitely doesn't think it's that.
So, I'll try for High Reps or STS Total Body this evening.
Cathy: Good job on High Reps! It's been a long time since I've done that one. If I remember correctly, I really like it.
Renee: I'm sorry your foot is not any better. Injuries are so darn frustrating! & I hate to say it, but the older we get, the longer it takes to heal!
Take care & hugs!

Cathy: I must have been posting at the same time as you! LOL Just wanted to say GREAT JOB on your workouts! It sounds like you've really hit on a good idea, mixing up the workouts like that!
Funny that we both had vet visits to deal with - hope yours are only for the vaccinations!
Don't worry about trying to catch up - I don't get a whole lot of time to read, so it's usually slow going for me. The only time I get to read a lot is when I go to visit my folks. If my DH goes with me, he drives, so I can read on the 3 1/2 hour trip! Going to visit them next weekend, so I'm hoping I can get a lot read, since I got it from the library.
Take good care & HUGS!

Well I did two upper body premix on 4 DS today. Ouch.. I feel the Back! I did heavey weight , well for me. I am ready for bed I'm getting headache. Ekk I had one yesterday all day an d when I went
To bed an I woke up with one.

Hello ladies... I have a question... what rotation Was it you used that helped u lose weight?
I may jog n do lower body tonight if I have time. Catch you later!

Good morning!
Beautiful day here today - the sun is out & it's supposed to be in the upper 60's today - perfect!!! Just wish my office wasn't freezing. It's 64 in my office. Brrrr!!!
I did High Reps yesterday evening. My green band broke on me during the bicep curls with the band, so I had to finish with the pink band. I didn't really notice much of a difference, to tell you the truth. I've ordered another set of bands & since I was ordering, I tacked on the 2 new T-shirts so I could take 15% off & get free shipping! :p:rolleyes: My DH is gonna shoot me! LOL
Didn't get any of Jillian Michaels' book, "Master Your Metabolism" read (sigh). I may have to buy it - I don't know if I'll be able to renew it at the library since I had to request it. They won't always let you renew the ones you request, if someone else has requested it, too. Cathy, do you think it's worth buying?
Renee: Good on ya on your work out! At least you can keep your upper body strong while you're resting your foot. I'm sorry that you had a headache - do you think it's tension, or do you get migraines?
My "hormone replacement" appointment is this afternoon! Yay!
Take good care, & HUGS!

Hello ladies... I have a question... what rotation Was it you used that helped u lose weight?
I may jog n do lower body tonight if I have time. Catch you later!

:D:D
Today I did STS 4 & I love the Power Barbell Deadlifts! Fast moving nice workout!

Jane: Great on High Reps & boo on the band! I've noticed my shoes make small tears that I have to keep an eye on & I'm going to have to replace my band soon!
The blue T-shirt featured in the newsletter arrived last week along with the Who's Boss T!:)
We've got nice temps. but the wind is chilly! My tomato plants I started in the house have taken off on me & it's not warm enough for them to go out yet!
When we were grocery shopping this week, my DH wanted some different yogourt & I read the label to find it has sulphites in it!:mad: This is suppose to be a healthy brand! Last month I found cottage cheese that had carbon dioxide in it!:mad:
As far as Jillian's book is concerned maybe look thru the index & check a few things out & see if the answers you are looking for are there, I think if you can pick it up for a really great price it's probably worth it!

Renee: Great job on the 2 upper body workouts! Do you normally get headaches/migraines? How's your foot doing?
We are following a rotation that we've kinda put together ourselves with ideas from other rotations! Because of the weight gains last month we've changed this month to High Reps, STS 4, Lower Body Blast & Muscle Endurance along with Circuits & other cardio!(JANE:Correct me if I'm wrong) These workouts move fast enough for a cardio effect & shouldn't hurt your foot! You can also add the Gym Style Legs floor work along with these!

Take care & HUGS,
Cathy

Good afternoon!
Another beautiful day here - the sun is out & it's in the 70's! Yay!
Cathy: Our tomatoes aren't taking off at all this year! My DH is thinking our soil must be really depleted. Bummer, because I LOVE home grown tomatoes. I could make a meal of just them & some cottage cheese!
Wow! You have to check the labels on everything, don't you? Who would have thought that crap would be in yogurt & cottage cheese!:mad: AWESOME JOB on STS 4! I'm planning on doing that one this weekend.
Renee: I'm going to be trying to lose the weight I've put on since my Dr. lowered my thyroid medication a couple of months ago. My cortisol (stress hormone) is also too high, so I'm going to have to be careful not to overdo in my workouts, so weight loss is probably going to be a very slow thing! I may have to incorporate more yoga workouts. Cathy is right about the rotation we're doing now. Everything I've been reading lately stresses how important weight lifting is for weight loss.
Take good care, & HUGS! & Happy Mother's Day!

I'm so so mad I Wannt to cry. IV gained 4 more pounds that is a total of 8 pounds since two months. Oh my Gawd! It took me a YEAR just to lose 9 pounds. And I know its cuz I have to confess I eat at 2am. Y do I do this to myself? I love to exercise I want to lose but I wake up and west peanut butter. Sometimes I don't remember. I mean its like I vaguely remember. Yet I feel sick full. Ifeel like crying.

What kind of sick person does that to themselves? I'm beside myself
I log it in onMFP. I end. Up about 200 over whemn I do it.

Renee: I'm right there with you! I know it will be a long struggle to get this 8 pounds off! I have a weakness for peanut butter, too! & I honestly do better physically if I don't eat it. My tummy does not like it, yet I crave it! I got some almond butter, & I like it, too, so I'm going to try substituting that. When I lose a few pounds, I tend to self-sabotage by celebrating with stuffing myself! I don't know why I do it, either... I've found a couple of good, POSITIVE weight loss sites on Facebook that have really helped with my attitude lately. They truly have helped - you might check out my Likes on my FB page to see what they are & follow them. They post daily. Hugs to you! We'll get through this together! All of us!!!
Cathy: I hope you're still feeling pretty good! I got a few more pages of Jillian's book read, plus I started her new one, Unlimited. These books might help you, too Renee. I got them both from my library. I find if I'm reading something daily that's positive & upbeat, it really helps keep me from just throwing in the towel completely.
Yesterday evening, I did about 40 mins. of Yoga Mind & Body with Ali MacGraw. It's a real oldie - it's on VHS! But, it's nice & soothing, which I thought might help with the cortisol issue...
Take good care, & HUGS! Happy Mother's Day tomorrow!

Hello All,
I didn't work out yesterday & won't be today either! I didn't sleep last night!

Renee: I'm just about crying too after reading your post!:( I put a little bit of weight on last month but I thought it was because I missed 2 weeks but it's not budging!
How many calories are you allowing yourself per day? With your running & other workouts you should probably be taking in around 1500-1600 per day!
Make sure your nut butters don't have any added sugar of any type! Also remember if you're not sleeping you will not lose weight easily! If you can, keep about 150-200 calories to eat before you go to bed so hopefully you won't wake up hungry!
Make sure you eat something in the morning, it can be a slice of bread or a handful of berries, just eat something in the morning! Don't eat anything "white" & get rid of all soft drinks!
DON'T GET STRESSED OUT OVER THE WEIGHT BECAUSE MORE WILL GO ON!(Dang it, been there, done that)
Check out Jane's FB like page, I did yesterday & also subscribed to one of hers!
Keep us updated & as Jane says We'll get through this together!:D

Jane: Sometimes a nice Yoga workout hits the spot quite nicely!:D Great on the Yoga! I know what you mean about throwing in the towel too!
I'm having pain today but when I read Renee's post, had to answer!
Is Jillian's new book any good?
I'll check back later!

Renee: As I was typing my reply to Jane, I started thinking maybe trying to add some Yoga Relaxation, even 20 min might help!

In the last year when I want to celebrate I either buy new exercise DVDs or new jeans, top etc! I have finally learned not to celebrate with food!:D
Take care & HUGS,
Cathy

Jane:Thanks for the advice on the FB stuff i will check it out!Yeah it is the butter stuff, i mean i get up inmiddle of night and i eat like i said at times i think im dreaming i ask dh to lock me in the room but he wont do it yet!! lol I am so sad and angry but i cant keep feeling sorry for myself. I did Low impact circuit today. I love this one!! I will not give up i did it before i lost 70 once and i dont understand y i let myself get like this. it is eating to much.dont know. Food is an adiction i really think it is.

I have been getting books on running an also the Oxygen mag i like to read this. Thank you for your support you both are super sweet and i wish i had some friends like you around here!! I would be so happy and not so alone lol. I dotn mind being alone most of the times but it would nice to find friends i can relate to for sure!

Cathy: I hope too you are feeling better oh how are both of you as far as your backs go? My foot is starting to feel alot better! im happy for that. Why didnt you sleep? yeah i have alot of problems sleeping i feel as if i am going to die at times or im alone and it frightens me, or i am waiting on something. Weird i know. On MFP i am set for 1200 a day and if i exercise it gives you back calories to eat. So at bed i have some left and i guess i think it is a license to stuff my face!! So by in the morning i have eaten 1600 for the day. that is at maintaince or supose to be. Well like i said i cant give up i get mad at my body and i think you arenot doing this to me.. you will lose the weight lol crazy i supose. But i just refuse to give up! I finally like exerciseing again. it took a year to get back into it again!!
I thank you both so very much!! Happy mothers day! I know my mom is with the good Lord.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.