One body part per day

wendyloo

Cathlete
I'd love to see a One-Body-Part-Per-Day series, with each tape about 30 minutes using moderate to heavy weights, mostly dumbells but barbell would be ok too, especially for back.
Please include the t-bar row for back work!
Thanks!

On my knees begging Cathe, please please consider the one-body-part per day request very similar to the first CTX. (I like to work each part for 15 minutes but hey a 30 minute per part tape would work for me as well as the people who want 30 minutes per part, I could still modify the tape to fit my 15 minute needs).

Pretty please?

Yeah, this would be a great workout! Time efficient enough to add a short cardio and have your workout done in an hour!

Donna

Fitness~ It's a journey, not a race!

I've chimed in on this one on other threads, but yes please! I think many of us, thanks to you, are in a place where we have developed a good muscle base, have been doing splits for a while, and are ready to try one body part a day style training, but please make it slow and heavy, not endurance! Or any other technique designed to increase muscle growth. I,m not sure about 30 minutes per part, unless we could include some smaller muscle group work in here...30 mins seems kinda long for, say, triceps!

For DVD owners, this would be ideal paired with a couple of long cardio workouts: maybe a hi lo of mixed impact, and a step/kickbox, that could be chaptered and mixed and matched to create a number of different 30 minute cardio workouts to pair with the one body part.

Christine

I'm in! I was thinking the other day that this would be a great series for Cathe to do, and came on today to add my suggestion. Glad to see others sgree!

Michele

Oh that would be so wonderful. For years, when a poster would ask what to do next --- when she/he was ready for the next level in weight training, you would recommend one body part per day. As I recall, this is the way you basically train. In the past when you said you would consider doing this on video, I wondered how it would be feasible since you said that we should change the exercises after several weeks so that the body does not adapt. Now with DVD, this is doable -- you could do a base workout and then have several additional exercises so we could choose which three or four of eight or whatever exercises we wanted to do on that cycle. Or you could do several pre-programmed routines for each body part which we could rotate. Also, I would really like to see slow reps and adequate rest between sets for optimum strength/muscle gain. I don't have my hopes up on this, but it would be sooo kewl! :p

I would also love to see a one body part per day workout for which only 30 mins. per day is needed. Ultimately, I would love to see Cathe do one for heavy strength training and another for more endurance training.

I vote for more strength, rather than endurance, training too. I disagree, though, that one body part per day is particularly desirable. I think research states that you should work out each body part 2-3 times per week in order to make progress. In order to maintain your strength gains, as opposed to increasing them, you should do each body part 2-3 times per week, but only do one set for each muscle group.

I would love to hear why people prefer one body part per day....I am always interested in learning more about others' fitness routines.

You're right, Bonnie. One body part per day for endurance training probably doesn't work. My main interest is in having short workouts each day so I can fit them into my schedule. I'm interested in workouts that are about 30 mins. (maybe longer with warm-up, which I can never bring myself to do).

But for Cathe's Slow & Heavy, one body part per day works just fine for strength training. Those exercises are meant to be done only once per week.

Good point!

Hi--

I would also love to see this type of format in another Cathe series!

I would ideally love to see a 60 minute workout comprised as this:
30 minutes of all out, super intense, super heavy weight training of 1 body part. Then tack on a 30 minute cardio workout AFTER the strength training. Then, squeeze in some ab work at the end right before the cooldown.

I have found that doing the S and H series , one body part per day and then 30 min. of cardio afterwards (CTX cardio is great!) has given me the best body transformations out of all of Cathe's workouts.

It would be fresh, new, and I haven't seen anything out there like it.

JMHO, Lynn

I would love to see a 30 minute per day series. I don't think slow and heavy would be great, because you could use your slow and heavy tapes to do one body part per day (about 30 minutes). I guess I would like something between slow & heavy and endurance so that I would not have to go to all my different tapes (PS, CTX, etc...) to create 30 min per day body part workout. Maybe a tape so that you could do Lannette's Body Part Killer: The Slow/fast/slow/fast rotation. Her rotation is good for just one week in the middle of a long rotation or to do one day of Lanette's plan each week as a supplement to a one-body-part-30-minutes-per-day rotation.

Alicia

I would love to see a 30 minute per day series. I don't think slow and heavy would be great, because you could use your slow and heavy tapes to do one body part per day (about 30 minutes). I guess I would like something between slow & heavy and endurance so that I would not have to go to all my different tapes (PS, CTX, etc...) to create 30 min per day body part workout. Maybe a tape so that you could do Lannette's Body Part Killer: The Slow/fast/slow/fast rotation. Her rotation is good for just one week in the middle of a long rotation or to do one day of Lanette's plan each week as a supplement to a one-body-part-30-minutes-per-day rotation.

Alicia

Alicia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.