OMG tri set legs

I second and third all of these comments, the tri-sets in disc 14 were killer! I was seriously sore for days after. I remember during the workout, just shaking mid way through, somehow I got through it, but wow that was one tough workout. Disc 17 is the next one up for me, wish me luck! :eek:

well, i didn't do 17, but i did premix 2 of cardio fusion and then i did ride, and my horse jerked away from another horse that lunged at him and totally jerked my right hamstring. i am in pain. it was alreay a bit tender, but now it is hurtin. just great!! i hate being injured.
cathy

What a killer these are. Does anybody heart rate shoot up there because my sure does. I just looked at the workcard and these are through the whole Meso 2, yikes.

Yes, indeed. My heart rate was so high I did pause disc 17 between each set of the last triset. I blamed the elevated lunges, but pushed through the deadlifts before pausing. Just took extra time to get my heart rate under control. I do love Meso 2 and this week I don't have too much muscle soreness. :) I'm happy to be taking Sunday as a total rest day!

Janie

Did this today. Initially I was dreading it. (I hate leg days. blech). Then I read through the card and thought - OK I can DO this. It's not so bad...... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I've been wobbly most of the day. I expect tomorrow I will have DOBS ;) I really felt it. Those &@#$@ plates :eek: At least it didn't have step ups :cool:

I just finished disc 17. I was still feeling soreness 5 days after disc 14 and I am pretty sure that's going to happen all over again with this one. My legs are totally spent right now. I'm glad that next week is still at 75%! This is just such an incredible program! I have never had these kind of results, even with a personal trainer. Thank you Cathe!!

Surprisingly, and I say surprisingly with total bafflement and shock, the tri-sets didn't bother me at all. I actually prefer tri-sets. I will do tri-sets any day of the week. However, I cringe at the remembrance of Meso 1 legs.

I love reading about how different we all are. :)

I agree, Tri-set legs are killer!! I just hope I will be ready for next week's workout without that sense of dread, and I don't mean dread in a bad way, but in an Oh, Cathe's going to kick my butt again, lol.

My heart-rate also spiked up quite a few times. I even paused a time or two, to get it to come down some. I love STS.

leg tri-sets

Just completed Meso 2 - week 3 legs. For awhile there, I thought I was going to be sick! Had to rest a bit longer in between that last tri-set. I haven't worked that hard in a long, long time, but I think I pushed myself just a tad too much and had to back off a bit. I feel great right now, just the right amount of sore muscles - but I can't say what those muscles will feel like tomorrow!!!

Anyone else having problems with the sit n stands? I just can't seem to get my butt up and balance on one leg. I've been doing them with both legs, but upping the weight.

I just finished up disc 20, and while it was not easy, I found it easier than the other meso 2 legs. Perhaps it was the sequencing. AND, my 1 legged sit 'n stands are actually 1 legged sit 'n stands, not stand 'n plops! Finally figured them out. I was having trouble with wanting to put the other leg down or using it to balance. I figure I had to get it out of the equation, but my legs are not removable. So, I crossed my legs!!! (duh) and it worked. I felt everything I was supposed to, and nothing I wasn't. I tried crossing them man-like with my knee out to the side, but it really threw me off balance and made my back on the working side feel a little weird, so I crossed them female-like with the crossed leg high enough it wasn't going to press on my knee. I got it!!!!! Now for 1 legged pikes.......:confused:

Nan

Thank you Spyrosmom

Thank you Thank you! What a great idea, I'll try the crossed leg technique the next time. Also, if you figure out any great ideas for those one-legged pikes, let me know!!!! LOL

I just finished up disc 20, and while it was not easy, I found it easier than the other meso 2 legs. Perhaps it was the sequencing. AND, my 1 legged sit 'n stands are actually 1 legged sit 'n stands, not stand 'n plops! Finally figured them out. I was having trouble with wanting to put the other leg down or using it to balance. I figure I had to get it out of the equation, but my legs are not removable. So, I crossed my legs!!! (duh) and it worked. I felt everything I was supposed to, and nothing I wasn't. I tried crossing them man-like with my knee out to the side, but it really threw me off balance and made my back on the working side feel a little weird, so I crossed them female-like with the crossed leg high enough it wasn't going to press on my knee. I got it!!!!! Now for 1 legged pikes.......:confused:

Nan

what a great tweak! I'm getting better at them but am gonna try thast next week!

OH The pain! This thread is hilarious.
I did disc 14 today and I was sweating and breathing as if I were doing plyo jacks, haha. I wasn't sure if I was going to make it since I was recovering from a migraine the day before. But as it turns out the DOMS seems to have helped me forget about my head!
I loved every minute of the tri sets! And yes, today is a wobbly day!;)

I'm scared. I do Disk 14 legs tomorrow. I previewed it tonight after doing BM2 Premix and I'm wondering how I'm going to do any cardio on Friday after doing Meso 2 legs Triple sets tomorrow. Will I be able to get up & walk... get out of bed... go the bathroom?
I love "sit and plops"!

Last edited:

Nan

Nan - OH MY GOSH...Thank you!! :) I just finished Meso 1, took my recovery week and have started Meso 2 but I am still thrilled to know I can do those now. I tried and tried, and felt like such a weakling even though I can lift heavy otherwise. It made me feel like there was some awful weak spot I had! Just tried your way and could go up and down like nobody's business :D Thank you a million trillion times!!!

You know, it is interesting. I found 14 TOUGH to get through. Physically difficult to do the squats... I suspect my 1RM are too high (didn't take into consideration form but also find that I can really handle high weight loads in isolation - but I digress...) Anyhow, I did it on Monday and today I feel the DOMS more than I did on Monday or even yesterday. I had no problem with cardio and even found it helped considerably with tightness. You may be better off than you think!

OMG!!! I did not look ahead - these were insane!!! Yes, my heart rate shot up too!!!
Wow - I think we are all going to have killer legs when we are done!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.