OMG tri set legs

pace1987

Cathlete
What a killer these are. Does anybody heart rate shoot up there because my sure does. I just looked at the workcard and these are through the whole Meso 2, yikes.

I have not done this one yet, but just looking at my card for it, I am scared and excited at the same time. I know I will have DOMS for a few days after. This whole workout is great for the muscles!!

Michelle

I did Disk 14 (legs) yesterday. Every part of my lower body (Calves to Behind) are very sore. Walking is a challenge. I was never this sore in Meso 1.
That being said, I really liked the workout... and while actually doing the workout - did not realize that it was going to cause this much pain the next day.
Heck, I'm even still sore from Monday's workout! :)

sharon

Even though they scare me just a smidge, I *love* tri-sets in Meso 2!! My legs are totally spent at the end but I LOVE the results and how fast the DVD goes! With each DVD, Cathe amazes me more and more ;)

I love them too becuase I feel like I'm going to die while doing it but I don't.

I love tri sets and drop sets.:D

I think that I may be waddling today

Hi all
I did disc 14 yesterday and I am really sore today. I did Imax2 this morning and now I am sure I look like I am waddling. I may actually go have an ibuprofen so I can do all the other things I need to get done today!
Loving it. I measured myself today too and I have lost an inch off my hips and 1/2 inch of my thighs. It's all good!
Heather

Great tri-sets! I just did disc 17 on Tuesday and my quads are still sore. I planned on a walk with my daughter at 5:30 - I did the disc at 4:30 - when she arrived at 5:30 she took one look at me and said "Why are you so sweaty?" I said "STS!" I sweat more doing the legs disc than I do when I do cardio!

The time just flies by when doing these discs. I just did disc 18 this morning and I loved the dropped set after the sets. My biceps were screaming by the time I finished the concentration curls. My biceps couldn't concentrate one second longer! YOWZA!! I am loving Meso 2 - I also loved Meso 2 - and I know that I will love Meso3 with the plyo leg workouts.

Cheryl

I have done Disc 13 and Disc 16 ( Tri Set Legs) I LOVED the workouts!!! I haven't had that kind of DOMS in my legs for a loooooong time and it lasted for a loooong time after Disc 13. People at work were concerned because I could barely walk the day after Disc 13,

Good news!!! Disc 16 was just as tough but my legs weren't nearly as sore. I guess we get stronger every day.

Gotta love this program, the challenges keep coming and every workout feels different. I can feel my muscles growing

Brenda in Indiana

Oops, got my disc numbers all mixed up. Lets just say I have done the leg workouts for weeks 1 and 2 in Meso 2.
I think my peri-menapausal brain is taking a vacation. It's either that or all the blood is rushing to my stomach to digest my dinner and my poor brain has forgotten the dang disc numbers

Brenda inIndiana

OMG is not exactly what I was saying. I was a bit more, er, colorful about it:eek::p I did the 1st legs from Meso 2 last Weds, I was sore til Sunday. PAINFUL, sit on the potty and DIE sore. It was as bad as disc #3 from Meso 1. I did the 2nd leg disc yest (#17?) and am a bit stiff and sore around the edges,but nothing like last week. Those trisets are tough. By then end of each group, I kept thinking "I'm not going to make it" Then I said "Yes, you are (insert colorful language)" And I made it and lived to talk about it. I have a feeling when I get to Meso 3, plyo legs, the 1st one is gonna do me in, too.

I think instead of selling a plain STS shirt, Cathe should sell one that says "I survived STS"

Nan

I just finished disc 14 about 1/2 hr ago...I barely have energy to type. I soaked in some really hot bath water (where is my epsom salts???) The hot bath helped the quivering and relax my legs a bit. I also did the extended stretch after legs. On the last round of tri-sets I wanted to quit so bad! But I didn't. The first set of the first round of tri-sets I thought "oh this isn't bad" by the third round of the first set I was gasping for air and my heart rate was really high...the second round of tri-sets I rested just a timy bit more than the crew, I was starting to get a bit nausous (sp?) I also had trouble with the slide back lunges (I did fine with these in meso 1) I ended up doing 1 legged squats because I couldn't keep my balance. I did OK on the side slide lunges, just couldn't go as deep as I could in meso 1. I also used my barbell and squat rack for all squats, heavy dumbells just feel awkward to me for squating. I bet I sleep good tonight! The workout was very tough but it did go by fast (eventhough I wanted to quit!) 10 reps sounds like such an easy workout...but done as tri-sets its a real butt kicker! I hope I can walk tomorrow. I had plans to ride my horse but I bet I can't even climb on him! Lucky horse...

hey connie, i did disc 17 on monday adn then did go out and ride. it was a bit difficult to say the least. LOL! but, i'm a glutton for punishment. i'm gonna do 17 again today. i love STS.
cathy

I love this thread and can't agree with you more - Tri-sets are killers! lol I kept looking at the clock and thinking - it's been just 30 minutes and I'm already this tired?! Holy smokes! The next day the DOMS came in my glutes and forearms are really talking to me. After doing the first leg workout from Meso Cycle 2 Wednesday, I did yoga Thursday, and will do cardio Saturday and maybe Sunday too instead. Just listening to my body, I want to push to get results, but not over-exert anything either. I'm also thinking I may buy some stock in IcyHot as it is my new best friend..... lol

Happy Spring Everyone!

I just wanted to jump on and say DITTO DITTO DITTO! DH and I did Disc 17 last night and WOW! I feel good this morning even though I can feel EVERY single muscle from the chest down! :) I am loving STS and the challenges within....

I haven't officially started Meso2 yet but I snuck in disc 14 as my last leg workout before active recovery (because I couldn't wait and I love'hate leg workouts)

I didn't find it that hard during the workout - BUTTTTT (pun intended) was walking funny for at least three days after. Haven't had DOMS like that since the first time I tried GS legs. Yeah for STS!

I did disk 20 yesterday and I am so sore today. I think this one is my favorite so far. I am now looking forward to doing disk 23 next week.

I just wanted to jump on and say DITTO DITTO DITTO! DH and I did Disc 17 last night and WOW! I feel good this morning even though I can feel EVERY single muscle from the chest down! :) I am loving STS and the challenges within....

DITTO!! Tri-sets are killer but I love them!! I am still feeling it in the glutes and I did legs on TUESDAY!! Love it

Oh yes, these are not easy, but they are so effective.

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

OMG - I love everybody in this thread - each post is how sore and happy we are. We're all so excited and happy to be in so much pain! LOL Maybe it should be S&PTS :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.