October Sunshine: Who cares?!

HI everyone, well I did XT bi/tri today, I've been laying off of UB because my left shoulder blade knots have been bad. I'm blaming my old bike. I really need my upper arms against my body and not holding them out or after a while it's overloaded and this shoulder blade pain starts (same thing with boxing or raising arms over head when doing step or something). I figured bi/tri wouldn't bother it too much but it's driving me mad right now (mad as in crazy). I have a hot rice bag on the muscles to get them to relax (plus DH did a bit of massage in that area), so hopefully it settles down. Anyways, I did go for a ride because it's beautiful! I did 22.5 miles and the pedal assist was acting flakey and then eventually quit working but the throttle worked (throttles aren't legal in Europe for some reason), at first when going up one big hill I was like what's going on, I'm dogging it today, but it wasn't me :) Took bike in and they fixed it. Then asked if they could put the same type of handlebars on my old manual bike and they will! That will really help my shoulder, so happy, love this bike shop! They cater to us older folk! Some young bike boy can't ever fathom why I would have the handlebar issue I do. Ronne, that wind blew up so much stuff that my allergies was awful. When weather gets bad, I'll walk Suki on the flatter route and add in LB weights, then see about adding spinning but not doing any standing up on the bike. I'm hoping we have more good than bad days, at most hoping it's only 2 months of not riding much. Mary, yes I've had bike shorts, they are just old hand me downs from my sister.

Hi ladies

Mary - have you got another packed weekend planned?

Lisa - that's great about getting the bike adapted. Sounds like a good winter plan.

An oldie today, 4DS HIS step plus abs. The cardio was pretty easy but I felt the abs.
Meeting a friend for lunch tomorrow, then cleaning on Sunday!

Hi all, well some good news! not for me, but for DH. He had to go for a checkup to the dr to get meds refilled. Anyway, he's lost 15 lbs, all from cycling! Dr was very impressed. This whole ankle mess has helped me help him, so happy! His BP was still high which I was kind of surprised given that all the exercise he's getting....but then work has some stupid stressful situations and he internalizes. His boss was threatening that DH would have to pay out of pocket for the biz trip he's supposed to go on next week because there's no code for charging the expenses, however customer said they want him there. Stupid! Ends up the VP got involved and a day later it's all approved. DH mgr really ddidn't need to say that DH would have to be responsible for the monies. Anyway, today DH was so motivated to ride so we rode 21.5 miles. I love riding with that guy!
I got my new Garmin Vivoactive HR fitness band.....lots of options on there and still learning! It's motivationg as I can see my HR while riding and average over the ride (it drops when we have Suki walking...obviously). It's motivating in the sense that if I'm not at 150 on it, I know I'm not going to die so I should push it :)

Ronne, you'd be amazed at how much stronger I feel in my core from cycling.....balancing on it really does strengthen them. Have a great lunch and weekend!

Good Evening,

I didn't feel like doing a tough workout so I did KCM Abs Standing and Planks premix then the standing abs from Kickbox and Your Best Body.

Ronne-I not into puke status either didn't look that tough watching it but I was wrong.

Lisa-I love outside cycling but we don't have places to ride here unless we ride the highway or gravel roads.

Hi girls! Quick hello! No football today, just a Halloween party and World Series watch party tonight. Today did a long Julia workout. Yesterday did a Cathe live. Hope everyone is having a good weekend, so beautiful here! Talk to you all on Tuesday! Mary

Good Evening,

I did a StudioSweat Recovery Spin with Mike this morning it was a 27 minute workout went 7 miles burned 293 calories then we went to the lake warm and windy.

A windy 21 mile ride today. Rest days both sat and sun, I was tired! Mary, what did you dress up as? Roxie, I guess wind is better than snow!

Hi everyone

Yesterday just got away from me. Work is really busy ... I've started a rotation! I'm doing the Xtrain/ICE rotation. Started on Sunday with RSM Kickbox, then yesterday was Xtrain CBS and today I did a Step Blast premix (instead of Ride). There's loads of variety in the rotation so I think I'll enjoy it.
Had a fab time with my friends on Saturday. Two old friends from uni were there, one I hadn't seen for 20 years. It was a late birthday surprise. Really great to see them and catch up.

Lisa - glad to hear you're getting the rests in. They're just as important!

Good Afternoon,

I did KCM Kickbox Punch and Kick Premix then StudioSweat Speed Sculpt this afternoon tough workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.