October Sunshine: Who cares?!

Ronne

Cathlete
Hello

Lisa - thanks for pointing out we're in October. I never thought! You've got a good combo with dog walking/cycling at the same time!

No workout for me today. Met a friend for coffee instead! The sun is shining again so I'm going with that for the title this month.

Hi Ronne! If I had named it, I would have called it windy! Lots of branches and leaves down and I'm still out there riding! 23 miles. DH comes home early because of the hurricane (he's in Miami) and because there might not be much he can do on this project. May still have to go back out next week. Going to meet up with a couple neighbors to do nails (for the one going to Hawaii), the other is doing them and I'm just tagging along!

Hello

Lisa - watch out for the branches! Are you getting your nails done as well?

I got my DVDs! Started with ICE CUB with Icy Core 1. Well, I'm not sure what was intermediate about that! I felt pretty knackered by the end of it and the core work was hard. It was nice to work with lighter weights, I followed Cathe for all the weights and that was just right. I really felt it in my upper body, not sure if I would need to up the weights at any point.

PUB today, it's chilly today! Ronne, I like CUB for something different. Weight is good for me too. I do a lot of unilateral work because I can't lift both arms especially when bent over (like double arm rows). It's hard enough holding my head up! I think I've found what works for me. That is until I hurt something else! I did my own nails today and I'm pretty proud of them! I think I was inspired by the fall leaves.
11ba04fd6e0ed1fce6bc509655a907bf.jpg

Lisa, pretty! Also I think I envy your trips as much as I envy my Brit/gypsy/fairy dancer friend who is always on some adventure. I think she is in Wales staying in castles now! Anyway, I'd love to do a bike trip with you, let me know if you need a buddy and I'll fly up. Ronne good news about hubs, I scanned last months thread. I pre ordered new series weeks ago. Have fun with ice. I don't have much workout to report. Gator kid is doing well. I have to work during the storm and worry about leaving older dd here. We don't have shutters or anything. She'll have to decide if she wants to go elsewhere. But tough choice. I'm not feeling the new KCM yet, looks like lots of boxing, not my thing.

Good Evening,

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I did KCM Abs/Core Standing and Planks premix then Lift Body Refiner. Spent the afternoon at the lake getting in whatever time is left. I preordered KCM and Cathe.

Lisa-nails are pretty wish I could paint my nails and have them look nice.

Jody-be safe

Ronne-having coffee with a friend is always nice.

Hi everyone

Lisa - your nails look great. I love the colours.

Jody - thanks. From what I've seen on the news, it's looking pretty serious where you are. Hope you stay safe.

Roxie - good workout combo.

Did ICE TTM . Liked it, I felt well worked but in a different way. I think I'm really going to like this series (what a surprise, it's Cathe!). Work been quiet today so I got on with some cleaning instead.

Hello

Hope all are OK! Another ICE workout for me today. Did LIS 1 with Icy core 2. Enjoyed it, some different stuff in there. Core quite challenging again. I think I must have been neglecting it.
My parents are here this weekend and it's DH's birthday on Sunday so should be busy and fun. See you all on Monday. Stay safe!

Thanks everyone for the nail compliments...I do enjoy putting colors together :) I took a total rest day yesterday, it was a rainy day and I managed to putter away my time. Today DH and I did a 25.5 mile ride. He heads out Sunday for Miami again :( but DS is supposed to come over for lunch and ride with me. Jody, How did the hurricane impact you? How's your Dad? You're welcome anytime to come visit and I'll plan us a trip! I saw a bike trip from Ft. Myers area through the everglades down to the bottom of the keys that looked cool. The price wasn't so cool, $3000 a person for 6 days. We like to do our own thing too instead of being tied to a tour. Mary, where are you? Working , cleaning, and school activities? Ronne, sounds like a busy weekend. Sounds like you're enjoying ICE! I just haven't been able to use all of it. Roxie, I don't think I'm ready for cold weather! I noticed a difference today riding, I got a cough afterwards from breathing in cold air, yuck

Good Evening,

No workout for me today. Last night the weather was bad here a lot of storms it went from 80 degrees yesterday to 60 today.

Storm was OK here, I came home from work, and slept through it hitting Daytona/ my dad. : / He's without power and trees are down, but seems ok. Lisa, your sister? Also, I might take you up on bike offer! Roxie, that is a big drop in temp. I need to ease into 60 degree weather. Ronne enjoy the weekend BD. I need to dust off some workouts. I 've been seriously slacking.

HI all! I wrote a nice long post earlier and it disappeared! Well, I'm glad to see Jody is safe! Hope your dad gets power back quickly. Are you still coming to Ohio in November? Lisa, what will you do once winter comes? I have decided full time hours are not a good fit for me! I like 3 days a week, not five! With work, the house, DS here, going to Akron, cooking, wash, the yard, there is no time! Haha! Listen to me complain! Ronne, sounds like another perfect weekend! I thought the ICE workouts were challenging, not quite sure how they are intermediate! Roxie, chilly here too! I'm so glad! Especially when I'm sleeping! Hi Murphy! Well, have to get my stuff done, the Indians are playing the Red Sox, and I want to watch the debate this evening. That should be more than entertaining! I'll be back Tuesday! (Long day tomorrow). Mary

Hi Ladies

Nice to see a full house!

Lisa - congrats on getting a rest day, we need those too! I often follow organised itineraries for trips but put it together myself and save loads.

Roxie - hope the storms have passed.

Jody - glad you and your dad are OK.

Mary - are you on five at the moment? Can you go back down to three?

Weekend was nice. We went out for lunch yesterday and DH liked all his presents. No workouts of course, but today was ICE Bootcamp plus the Blizzard Blast. This was the first one I thought was Intermediate, I got to the end of the main workout and felt like I could do more, adding the BB made it more like a standard Cathe.

Hi everyone! Not too too much in workouts this weekend. Saturday I did do RWH BSB and a short 11 mile ride with DH. Sunday another total rest day. Now today I REALLY pushed it on the bike, I did 24 miles and really worked it and my HR showed. Feeling good now.

Mary, boo on more work days, yay for more money :) I sure hope I still have some biking days in the winter---it may require me to, gasp, hit some more roads. I got me a bright pink vest so drivers can see me!

Jody, My sis is fine and no property damage, though some in her neighborhood had some. I'm always looking for someone to ride with me, it's hard to push myself out by myself (thank goodness for suki), but in the end I'm always glad I did it. I mostly worry about something happening and getting stuck somewhere by myself. I've got AAA and strava premium that texts my location to my contact, so maybe someone will know if I never return home! It's most unnerving when DH is gone.

Ronne, I can tell a difference when I don't take a rest day. It's hard to do sometimes.....especially this time of year, I feel I'm trying to beat the winter weather! Glad you are enjoying ice!

Hello

Lisa - I'm finding it's about balance more and more. Working hard when I feel like it and then easing off when I don't. I used to feel guilty about 'slacking off' as if I was trying to get out of working out but I know that's not the case. I enjoy exercise too much to give up, so if I want to do something easier or have a day off I will.

Today I did some of the MM sections from ICE: Back and Chest and then Icy Core 1. Felt good.
We put the heating on this morning for the first time. Feeling a bit chilly but the sun is still shining.

HI girls! Today did a hiit/tabata workout from YouTube. Roxie, hope your head feel better quickly. Ronne, I am avoiding the furnace! I put on hoodies and more blankets! I do love the chill at night tho. Lisa, you should put a tracking device on you, so you can be found! Lol! Hello to Jody and Murphy! Can't shower, the water line down the street broke, they are fixing it! I haven't showered in 29 hours! Hope they are quick! Good day to all! Mary

Hi all! Today I set off and did a 28.5 mile ride, I was beat! I've been tracking HR and calories and really trying to push it these last couple weeks (it's easier when riding by myself as sometimes I have to use pedal assist to keep up with DH). Anyway, I've found that instead of wimping out and pushing up the pedal assist, I'll say, if I can make it to x spot ahead and still need the pedal assist then I'll use it. So much is mental! I've burned 1300 calories today and 1300 yesterday! In the past if I got 500-600 between Cathe and walking I was happy. So, I'm happy to report I'm down 10 lbs since I stopped those estrogen patches. I'm feeling fine and sleeping ok (sometimes I need a little help but I'd prefer that). Roxie, hope your headache is better, I had massive headaches after stopping the patch, maybe it's hormonal for you too? Mary, funny story (maybe it's funnier in my head), Suki is in a harness and while I know sometimes dogs can wiggle out I thought it was ok, so we're going along with her attached to the bike, she veers right, I realize she has to poop, so I go to pull over and slow down, look behind at her, she's humping and bloop, the harness just came right off, up and over her head! Thank goodness she was busy so that I could put the kick stand down and go to hold her while she finished her biz so she wouldn't get away! I need to put her collar back on her and hook it to the harness I guess. I didn't let her out anymore after that. Ronne, no heat on here either, but we don't have the humidity and humidity and cold penetrates easier!

Good Evening,

DH turned the furnace on one morning last week but shut it off looks like we will need it in the morning though.

Lisa-I believe its barometric related.

Hi all

Mary - hope the water's back on! I resisted but DH and DD were freezing. We've only had it on for two hours in total.

Roxie - hope you're feeling better.

Lisa - that's amazing. The bike really works for you.

Did ICE CLBB. I enjoyed it - I can see that adding the BB on to that would make it tough. I hadn't realised that the BBs are extensions of the main workouts, I thought they were just additional cardio. I think they're great. I'm really impressed with this series.
Popped into town as work is quiet. I'm doing a bit of holiday planning, we're looking at Costa Rica ...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.