Nutrition and workout

Hi Cathe,

I have been training for more than 4 months now with your DVDs and I love it. I know nutrition is an important https://trackeasy.fun/usps/ https://showbox.tools/ factor to consider while training seriously. I am wondering what is the best food to eat before and after a workout.

I wake up at 4:55 AM and start training at 5:05. What should I eat?

Is a chocolate milk good after any kind of workout? Is it good before?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi. I am Bobbi. I used to work out with Cathe but now need to get going again. Nutrition is simple. Complex carbs should make up the majority of your calories. Carbs fuel Protein to build and repair muscle. Lean but do indulge at times. Fat is not evil and saturated fat tastes great. Moderation in all things. I love a great extra virgin olive oil while sneaking in butte, sour cream, and cheese in small, delicious amounts will satisfy the palate. I don't have much of a sweet tooth. I avoid high fructose corn syrup, use sugar. Nothing is evil. Everything in moderation. Pasta is fine. The no gluten "gluten free" is for the small percentage who cannot deal with gluten. I say "Food is love." Food is life. Life is to be enjoyed. Just don't overdo anything.

Thank you Bobbi for writing what I often share with people. It always amazes me when they essentially claim food is evil. I once was eating freshly cut pineapple for part of my lunch and a coworker told me that it was a bad thing to eat because it was full of sugar. People really need to educate themselves! If you are athletic people often think you eat salads all the time because they are "healthy" (I personally hate salads but I do eat vegetables and fruits on a regular basis). I think it is especially funny when those who try to criticize what I eat couldn't even make it through a Cathe warmup!
At any rate, I do my best to eat real food and cook for myself.

Thank you Bobbi for writing what I often share with people. It always amazes me when they essentially claim food is evil. I once was eating freshly cut pineapple for part of my lunch and a coworker told me that it was a bad thing to eat because it was full of sugar. People really need to educate themselves! If you are athletic people often think you eat salads all the time because they are "healthy" (I personally hate salads but I do eat vegetables and fruits on a regular basis). I think it is especially funny when those who try to criticize what I eat couldn't even make it through a Cathe warmup!
At any rate, I do my best to eat real food and cook for myself.
Food is love. Find a stray. Feed it. Grumpy kid. Hungry? I have watched people buy fat-free everything and thought, no! Put a little fat, saturated fat, and you get the mouthfeel and a full belly. Anti-carb people drive me crazy. Carbohydrates are energy. Yes, adding protein helped to develop our big brains, but too much damages kidneys. I studied nutrition eons ago. Sensible, healthy eating has not changed. Thank you for being a proponent of that.

The key is to eat sensibly and ensure you are getting the right amount of nutrients for your energy level. Listen to your body. Whatever you eat before a workout you don't want it to be sitting heavy in your stomach during the workout. So you either need something light, or to wait a period of time before beginning your workout. Protein and complex carbs are recommended for post workout recovery to help repair muscles. Also keep hydrated.

Hello O,

I use the How Not to Die app, I'm a check all the boxes gal, you can pick the healthiest of types of food you like, if you're getting most daily & weekly, it's good. Preparation will divide a few people, it's easier for me to just focus on greens, beans, fruits, nuts & seeds, etc., etc. There's an exercise box on there too. Thought the book was great.

I had to change my way of eating. I have been working out with Cathe since November on average 4 - 6 times per week and I was gaining muscle but not really losing visible fat. A couple of weeks ago I decided that I needed to do things differently. I eat two boiled eggs in the morning, a salad in the afternoon if I'm hungry, otherwise I just eat a couple of Babybel lite cheese rounds. At night, I have 4 - 6 oz. of protein (lean meat, fish or chicken). I also have a plate full of vegetables. Tonight, I had a roasted red pepper, a large grilled portabella mushroom cap, and 12 pieces of grilled asparagus. I had a 6 oz. lean hamburger patty. In two weeks, I have lost 10 lbs. I have increased my workouts to 6 days per week and I have increased my cardio. I have been lifting heavier, too. I also love grilled or baked cauliflower and garlic or green beans. This has restricted my caloric intake to 700 - 900 calories per day. Also, I allow myself one cheat meal per week. I hope this helps.

Hi ! I am Mila and I also try to keep myself in good physical shape. In addition to sports, it is very important to pay attention to nutrition. It should be healthy and balanced. I even learned to cook in order to eat high-quality and delicious food. Many products have very important elements without which it is very difficult for our body to look great. These are fish, meat, fresh vegetables and nuts. In addition, I recently learned about useful medical mushrooms and ordered reishi mushroom . My skin looks just fine now.

Last edited:
What are Momos : Momo is a word that stirs every foodie’s mind. It has become a very famous street food in the South Asian region which is available in every nook. Momos or dim sum are an Asian cuisine wonder. These are non-vegetarian or vegetable stuffing inside wheat flour prepared momos dough and cooked in a traditional momo steamer. With a side of spicy sauce or momos chutney- it is love.

Traditionally these are steamed but now, you will find variations like pan-fried and more! Some think that momos, dim sum, and dumplings are the same. Well, they are not. They have way different origins, recipes, and histories.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.