Not a Question, Just Thanks

AVeyRa

Cathlete
Happy Belated Birthday, Cathe!

I was doing one of your DVD workouts last weekend, and although I’ve been working out with you since 2002 (has it BEEN 20 years?), it suddenly dawned on me how lucky we are to have you. My husband is a data engineer and an entrepreneur and we spend lots of time discussing brand quality, quality management, customer delight, etc etc etc. Your “brand“ honestly never occurred to me. It was just something I knew I could consistently rely on — packaging, quality, delivery, price and content. It’s been such a staple in my life — off and on, while I had my four children — that I just didn’t notice it. It’s kind of like electricity. You take it for granted when it’s working. You definitely know when it’s not.

You have never “not” worked. If I go back to the “early days of Cathe” (sweat bands and curly hair Cathe — who is so, so cute! LOL) the quality of the work is still stellar. It is still challenging. But the brand (although in its infancy) was already nailed down. Fast forward to today and the brand, at its core, has not changed. I don’t think people understand how hard that is to do — especially over a span of 30+ years. You and your team make it look effortless. But it certainly is not.

The fitness industry has been having a moment since the 1980’s. But it really feels like the 2020‘s have just amplified that. Everyone is confused (or confusing!). There are hundreds of supplements, diets, fads and trends. Most are designed to circumvent actual work and take shortcuts instead. I confess, I’ve fallen for a few of the fads. But I always burn out (or wise up) and come back to Team Cathe. That’s where I have the best results.

You figured it out. Do what you do best and do it well! I genuinely appreciate that you’re not selling diet pills, magic shakes or anything else fly-by-night. You took your skill set and optimized it. I own some of your branded equipment, but I know that’s not the focus of the service you offer. The service you offer is personal-trainer-quality-workouts without a gym membership. Who could have foreseen how cutting edge that was going to be?

This consistency of excellence is unmatched. When I purchase your products, I know I’m getting something special. It’s going to be excellent quality, it’s going to do what it says it does, it’s going to deliver on its promises. The team delivering it is knowledgeable, dedicated and wants me to succeed. (And I won’t have any problems with customer service!) That is RARE, my dear. Like finding a diamond in the sand.

If I skim the credits of the videos from the 90’s until now, I see many of the same names over and over again. I see many of the same faces working out with you (my biggest squeal was seeing a very young, brunette Cede, in short shorts and a midriff-bearing top, bouncing around with you way back when; she practically looked like a teenager!). So I know this is not just “Cathe” — this is a “family” effort. (And family can be the hardest to get along with sometimes.) So this is a thank-you to everyone who makes this happen.

There are very few products and services that stand the test of time. Scandals, greed, ideology, or corruption seem to bring down most companies or organizations without guiding principles and a good business model. I am so proud that you have made it. I believed in your products the very first time I got my butt kicked by this little German lady who is 5 inches shorter and 12 years older than I (that day was a wake up call!).

You truly never cease to amaze me. I’ve yelled more choice words at my television because of you than anyone else! But I’m addicted. No matter who I train with — virtually or in person — I always think “Cathe doesn’t do it that way” or “Cathe does that better” or “Cathe is harder than this!“ You’re the gold standard. I hope for many years to come. Thank you!

Thank you AVeyRa. You have said it all!
Totally agree with everything you have elequently stated in your post. Cathe=excellence!
Cathe is a great role model, not only for a fit and healthy lifestyle using sound, science backed tecniques, but also for reaching for your dreams, compassionate leadership, having a vision, and so much more!
We are fortunate to reap the benefits of Cathe's brillance, hard work and dedication.

Yes!! Perfectly stated! Thank you for taking the time to express this - these are feelings shared by many!!! (But put into words so well!)

Before I tried any of Cathe's DVDs, I will always remember everything in the CollageVideo reviews being compared to this "Cathe" instructor. Her products were the gold standard - and still are!!! Thank you, Cathe AND team!!

(And thank you, AVeyRa, for starting this thread!)

Happy Belated Birthday, Cathe!

I was doing one of your DVD workouts last weekend, and although I’ve been working out with you since 2002 (has it BEEN 20 years?), it suddenly dawned on me how lucky we are to have you. My husband is a data engineer and an entrepreneur and we spend lots of time discussing brand quality, quality management, customer delight, etc etc etc. Your “brand“ honestly never occurred to me. It was just something I knew I could consistently rely on — packaging, quality, delivery, price and content. It’s been such a staple in my life — off and on, while I had my four children — that I just didn’t notice it. It’s kind of like electricity. You take it for granted when it’s working. You definitely know when it’s not.

You have never “not” worked. If I go back to the “early days of Cathe” (sweat bands and curly hair Cathe — who is so, so cute! LOL) the quality of the work is still stellar. It is still challenging. But the brand (although in its infancy) was already nailed down. Fast forward to today and the brand, at its core, has not changed. I don’t think people understand how hard that is to do — especially over a span of 30+ years. You and your team make it look effortless. But it certainly is not.

The fitness industry has been having a moment since the 1980’s. But it really feels like the 2020‘s have just amplified that. Everyone is confused (or confusing!). There are hundreds of supplements, diets, fads and trends. Most are designed to circumvent actual work and take shortcuts instead. I confess, I’ve fallen for a few of the fads. But I always burn out (or wise up) and come back to Team Cathe. That’s where I have the best results.

You figured it out. Do what you do best and do it well! I genuinely appreciate that you’re not selling diet pills, magic shakes or anything else fly-by-night. You took your skill set and optimized it. I own some of your branded equipment, but I know that’s not the focus of the service you offer. The service you offer is personal-trainer-quality-workouts without a gym membership. Who could have foreseen how cutting edge that was going to be?

This consistency of excellence is unmatched. When I purchase your products, I know I’m getting something special. It’s going to be excellent quality, it’s going to do what it says it does, it’s going to deliver on its promises. The team delivering it is knowledgeable, dedicated and wants me to succeed. (And I won’t have any problems with customer service!) That is RARE, my dear. Like finding a diamond in the sand.

If I skim the credits of the videos from the 90’s until now, I see many of the same names over and over again. I see many of the same faces working out with you (my biggest squeal was seeing a very young, brunette Cede, in short shorts and a midriff-bearing top, bouncing around with you way back when; she practically looked like a teenager!). So I know this is not just “Cathe” — this is a “family” effort. (And family can be the hardest to get along with sometimes.) So this is a thank-you to everyone who makes this happen.

There are very few products and services that stand the test of time. Scandals, greed, ideology, or corruption seem to bring down most companies or organizations without guiding principles and a good business model. I am so proud that you have made it. I believed in your products the very first time I got my butt kicked by this little German lady who is 5 inches shorter and 12 years older than I (that day was a wake up call!).

You truly never cease to amaze me. I’ve yelled more choice words at my television because of you than anyone else! But I’m addicted. No matter who I train with — virtually or in person — I always think “Cathe doesn’t do it that way” or “Cathe does that better” or “Cathe is harder than this!“ You’re the gold standard. I hope for many years to come. Thank you!

Wow!!!! Hugs to you AVeyRa!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for this note! You not only brought tears to my eyes with your very kind words, but you made me take a few steps back and look once again at everything that we, as a community, have built together. I’m humbled to say the least, and forever grateful for people like you that see past the surface of what is created and notice the work, energy, pain, sweat, and attention that is put in to make it all happen. I’ve always said that some of my proudest moments are those when individuals share their stories with me and let me know how I’ve touched their lives in some way. This is why I do what I do. I work to give my best and my everything so that others can find their own strength, physically, mentally, emotionally, and get exactly what they need when they press play and start a workout. Myself and everyone at Cathe dot Com have always strived to stay true to my three guiding principles; Professionalism, Passion and Quality. Even in the toughest moments these three principles have continued to keep us focused on providing the best that we can each and every day! We are a family! Not only myself and the cast and crew, but all of you at home. This all works because we’ve found a common love and we follow it wholeheartedly with kindness, acceptance, and integrity! Thank you for being a part of this amazing family! We’re in this together… always!

Cathe

What a beautiful post ! and Cathe, your reply is equally beautiful !!! I guess I have been
a Cathe fan since......gosh.....1999 or so??? Still have VHS workouts from way back when
even tho' I have them on dvd (or at least the ones that were converted to dvd...I have some
older workouts on VHS that are not on dvd..... you just keep them..ya' know... :)

What a beautiful post ! and Cathe, your reply is equally beautiful !!! I guess I have been
a Cathe fan since......gosh.....1999 or so??? Still have VHS workouts from way back when
even tho' I have them on dvd (or at least the ones that were converted to dvd...I have some
older workouts on VHS that are not on dvd..... you just keep them..ya' know... :)
❤️

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.