NOOOO! Say it ain't so! My latest fashion rant..........

Maybe we are going through all of the unflattering styles so that when some good ones come out, sales will go through the roof. Maybe they have some old stuff they still need to get rid of. I have looked through so many fashion magazines lately and thought the models didn't look that good in them so how are they expecting anyone else to. I hope we can come back to something better. And here I was hoping to raise the waistline maybe an inch on my pants. I don't mind low cut pants, but I hate feeling selfconcious of my undies hanging out when I lean over!! Of course it sold a whole new undie wardrobe. I was kind of getting into the shrugs though. I thought I wouldn't like them but with the right thing under them they can be cute. Maybe I could get a whole new view of what I think of as the ugly stuff as well. Hmm. (It's probably the marketing:)
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

OMG, I remember those dreadful things. I think I had them in every color--LOL! They are beyond ugly IMHO. I just can't believe anyone would resurrect that hideous trend.:eek: ;(

Michele

Leg warmers...how ghastly. Madonna and her renewed disco fever aka Confessions on a Dance Floor are t oblame!

Resist people, resist!!!

Clare

RE: NOOOO! Say it ain't so! My latest fashion rant......

I don't think there are too many fashions that didn't look good on somebody. I never did the leg warmer thing, but on the right body type, they look fine.

I am of the same opinion on straight leg jeans. I still think they look good with a nice sleek pair of boots or cute high heels. It's a great long, lean look. I'm not talking about the jeans that are so tight to your ankles you can't get your foot through, but about the style that just goes straight down from your knee and flows right into the line of the boot or high heel. BUT, that doesn't look good on everyone.

I think no matter what the style, you should wear what looks good on your particular body type. All styles cycle over and over, so if it looks good on you, keep it. If it doesn't, don't do it the first time! :)

RE: NOOOO! Say it ain't so! My latest fashion rant......

I agree with you, JeanneMarie. Actually, I think leg warmers are kind of flattering on many people because they balance out the thighs, therefore making the thighs look smaller. I also agree that some people look great in straight-legged pants. However, few people look good in stirrup pants or leggings. They can make almost any grown woman look like she has big hips! I can't believe they're coming back again! I say leave them for the tweens. Everything looks cute on tweens.

-Nancy

OK it does get worse.

Today on the morning show they said the shirt dress was back. Yet another style that is unflattering for every body type.

Plus, every time I see one I think of Christie Brinkley in Nat'l Lampoon's vacation, & Chevy Chase watching her while he ate a sandwich the dog had peed on. :eek:

Well, apply me for "what not to wear" cuz I still wear leggings. Albeit without the stirrup, but still......

(hiding in shame)

Oh well, we can't all be fashion gurus..:D

I am just remembering my size 0 straight-leg jeans in high school that were so tight you needed a hanger to get the zipper up. And then I would have to hop up onto the bus with two feet because there was no telling what might happen if I tried stepping one foot at a time. :p :p :p

Marie

Acid wash ruled! I also loved those capri-like stretch jeans which were skin tight and ended near the ankle region. These were best worn with a baby doll sock (for you young folks: think a sock with a little fringe like the kind you find on dolls and girl children under the age of 2) and pumps. Turquoise pumps. Which I think might have come from Payless.

And let's talk about the hair! We should all post our big-hair pics. My hair was so big that the word "Pennsylvania" went through the middle of it on my first driver's license!

ETA: Is big hair coming back, too?? It can't be too far behind!

:eek: :eek:

Marie

So you really did do the Madonna thing didn't you?

LOL I'm from NJ so my hair is always big. ;-) Seriously, I've had the same hairstyle for the last 25 years or so. There's just not much you can do w/curly hair. x(

Hair? In college I went through a few years when I had to have an asymetric cut - remember those? Short short on one side and down to my collar bone on the other.

First off the leggings looked awful anyway. But the ones with stirrups were never made for people with long legs anyway. I had to cut the stirrups out of all the leggings to make them not ride down low!

The only advantage they have is they don't need ironing!

Colleen

I used to buy the talls. Otherwise the crotch was down to my knees with the stirrups...

On another thread someone mentioned that velour track suits were back... That's another material that no one can really wear without looking like something to be milked. I saw a teenager wearing a pair of velour pants the other day. Nice figure, but HUGE butt in the pants. (in other pants, the butt would not be huge - she was a small girl).

"That's another material that no one can really wear without looking like something to be milked"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA - classic:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.