NOOOO! Say it ain't so! My latest fashion rant..........

LauraMax

Cathlete
Leggings are back? LEGGINGS! Like the ones w/the stirrups on the bottom........OK & here I thought gauchos were bad (& still do, I'm betting they'll be out of fashion by next season, & my poor GF bought up every single pair she could find, spent a small fortune).

So I gave in to the gauchos over the summer b/c I thought they looked cute w/thongs (the shoes, not the undies :+ ). I didn't buy into the gauchos w/high boots thing. I can't afford to do trendy, especially if I'm predicting I won't be wearing it next year.

But leggings? The most unflattering look in the world for almost all women? Good for the gym maybe w/a bootleg & sneakers, but this form fitting down-to-the-ankle thing just won't cut it for me.

Oh, and that goes double for tight ankled jeans. The day they put zippers on those ankles, you'll be reading about me in the NY Times. I'll be giving my interview from the top of a clock tower. :eek:

No, are you kidding? Do you think they will also wear socks over the tops of them like we did back in '87??? Hmm, I think that was also paired with a high-boot type sneaker. ICK!

I like gauchos a lot, but haven't bought any. I was hoping to get to the summer with them in style, though, because I saw a woman on "10 Years Younger" looking really fab with a pair of them in white, paired with a turquoise halter-neck top. She looked fantastic and I was hoping to copy her! Ah, well. I can't keep up with the trends...

And those super-tight jeans don't look good on ANYone that weighs more than 90 pounds. Double ick!

Laura, where are you getting this information?? You must share this with us...

Marie

:7

ETA, and here I thought you were going to complain about hemlines going all the way to the knee or something modest-like! }( }( }(

The look that's huge here in the Bay Area is leggings with a short denim shirt and flip flops. I just shake my head when my DD wear that. Hey, if we went through leggings, I think this generation should have to as well. Fortunately as an old fart of 41, I can choose to be removed from the latest fashion trends if I chose... :+

As for the ankle pants with zippers... I guess I shouldn't tell you that Eddier Bauer of all places is already selling that? *Pries LauraMax off the clock tower and offers a soothing drink of LM's choice*

*Hands double burbon to LauraMax and sips her own wine* Yeah, I had a minor caniption when I saw them. There are some styles that should be buried forever!

I actually like leggings with a long, tunic-length sweater.

Now, Gauchos, on the other hand. Didn't like them the first time around (or at least the first time in MY lifetime, in the 70's), don't like them now. When the show hosts on QVC start going on about how "cute" they gauchos they are selling are, I start rolling my eyes.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

*breaks down and sobs uncontrollably*

I don't drink, but I'll take some of that bourbon, thanks. Oh, just give me the whole bottle.

I must say, I am a little speechless at the herringbone leggings... two words that should never be in the same outfit, never mind reflect the same item!!!

I'm going to cut up my oversize sweatshirt so that I can truely take-in this flashdance moment. i might even get out my leg warmers, because those should come back in style to go with the leggings. Don't they know the two go together?

Oh DD also has leg warmers. They are also worn with a short skirt and flip flops. Not with the leggings yet - give them a chance. Of course, the footwear will still be flip flops - the $3.00 ones from Old Navy.

Oh - my DD has the Abercrombie ones in brown - aren't they just sweet? *rolls eyes*

Now, the herringbone ones I think even DD would stay away from - they're just well, I'm speechless, too.

Hey now...you lay off the leg warmers.

Yes, I will fully admit this is the one fashion I looooved. (Not quite sure why.) I threatened bring them back 5 years ago...but no my friends were trying to have me committed. Then boom last year they were in. And yes, I was a walking 80's flashback in my legwarmers and I'm not ashamed to say it. :p

Do you hum the theme song to Fame while you wear them?

Baby remember my name, rememba,rememba...

FAME!

(just teasing)

Oh, it can't be true!!!!! (((throwing self on floor and having a tantrum))) Well I do declare I will just have to be "out of style" then. I am not giving up my low rise flared bottom jeans for ANYTHING!!!!

You know, I was wondering about the fashion trends as I went with my children to church for youth night and seen that the boys are now wearing the ankle jeans...YUCK..YUCK...YUCK!!!!! No one looks good in them things. They are dweeby looking, in my book. Maybe it is the "EMO" world taking over or something....skinny, pale, clothes too small, etc.

Lord, help us all. It will be like the plague or something. LOL

Charlotte~~

What is next parachute pants? No I got it folding your jeans over and cuffing them at the hem :eek:

Stirrup pants!?! Let me see if I can find some of my giant sweaters with MATCHING socks from high school...

Lori

I actually think the leggings (sans stirrups) with a short jean skirt look really cute. . .on my high school students:D And I admit, although I am not a trend shopper, to having 2, yes 2! pairs of gaucho pants and I know I am running the risk that they will be out of season next year and I don't care. I really like, almost love them!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.