No Nutrition Programs?

dr.mel_PT

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,
I was just wondering: with the blow-up of Beach Body programs, it seems like every series they release is accompanied by a meal plan or some kind of nutritional program. Why have you never done this with your series? For some reason I was thinking about this the other day

Cheers!

Our philosophy is simple when it comes to nutrition - If it's made by man throw it in the can! In other words we believe that you should eat as many whole foods as possible and as little processed foods as you can. You can find hundreds of articles we've written on this topic in our blog. As long as you focus on eating quality foods (whole foods) in most cases you really don't need a special nutrition program, but if you feel you need one there are thousands of nutrition programs on the web that you can download for free. However, it should be noted that most studies show that in spite of more diet and nutrition programs than ever being available online today, the long term success rates on people who follow these programs is not very good.

As a company our focus has always been on what Cathe knows best and is certified to do - teach fitness classes! She is not a dietitian or a nutrition expert. Adding nutrition programs to a DVD series is a popular marketing tactic nowadays, but it's doubtful that any of these programs are anymore successful than ones you can download right now from the web. Still, if you just focus on the quality of the foods you eat everything will sort of just fall into place - no program necessary!

If you get a chance make sure to check out our Blog articles related to this subject. https://cathe.com/category/blog

Last edited:
As a company our focus has always been on what Cathe knows best and is certified to do - teach fitness classes! She is not a dietitian or a nutrition expert. Adding nutrition programs to a DVD series is a popular marketing tactic nowadays, but it's doubtful that any of these programs are anymore successful than ones you can download right now from the web.

I too am glad cathedotcom has sticked to ethic over the years. You have not jumped on this marketing wagon to boost the turnover.
I am one of the customer who pay attention to professionalism, ethic, and striving for a high level quality standard.
Thanks for doing so!:);)

Last edited:
Our philosophy is simple when it comes to nutrition - If it's made by man throw it in the can! In other words we believe that you should eat as many whole foods as possible and as little processed foods as you can. You can find hundreds of articles we've written on this topic in our blog. As long as you focus on eating quality foods (whole foods) in most cases you really don't need a special nutrition program, but if you feel you need one there are thousands of nutrition programs on the web that you can download for free. However, it should be noted that most studies show that in spite of more diet and nutrition programs than ever being available online today, the long term success rates on people who follow these programs is not very good.

As a company our focus has always been on what Cathe knows best and is certified to do - teach fitness classes! She is not a dietitian or a nutrition expert. Adding nutrition programs to a DVD series is a popular marketing tactic nowadays, but it's doubtful that any of these programs are anymore successful than ones you can download right now from the web. Still, if you just focus on the quality of the foods you eat everything will sort of just fall into place - no program necessary!

If you get a chance make sure to check out our Blog articles related to this subject. https://cathe.com/category/blog
I love everything about this response! This is why I keep coming to Cathe for my wellness needs. No gimmicky stuff included!

I personally steer clear of programs with shakes, smoothies & other fast food fixes attached to it.

Of course, I'm sure there are exceptions where trainers use certified dietition plans or guidelines. Although diet and dietary needs seems like such an individual thing, so I still have doubts it would be healthful for everyone signing on.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.