NO, NO, NO.....somebody stop me!!!

I'm so confused! I just wrote a message to someone who says he is Jerry.

What is wrong with you people?

Are we still talking about (one starring) people?

This is the second time I thought I was getting into a conversation to either help me or someone else.

I don't want to have to be in a conversation about one starring.

a;ppoisejrf;oa nktgiuawhsepo'e uwjahdsikf!

Get a life!

Janie

No Janie, neither thread you just responded to have anything to do with the star ratings.

Liann,

That's not true; Below is an example.

Define Cyberstalking
Just out of curiousity how do you define it. I certainly don't think one-starring a thread fits the bit. So what exactly is it??

Your right about Jerry's (whoever this person is though) He did mention one-starring and I bought it hook line an sinker. Sorry about that one.

Janie

There might be a few crazies about, life takes all sorts after all. But I think that most of us here are who we say we are and are not operating under pseudonyms.

Having been a member of these forums for about 8 years now, I really don't think it is any less sane a place now than it ever has been. There are simply moments of controversy, silliness, anger that soon dissipates and other such completely irrational and human behaviour! Usually the really oddballs die out and disappear, especially if they are ignored and receive no further fuel for their rantings from people responding to their posts. After all, as I frequently tell my husband regarding our 16 year old, there's no rationalizing with irrational, angry people.

Hope you all have a great day!

Clare

Liann,

That's not true; Below is an example.

Define Cyberstalking
Just out of curiousity how do you define it. I certainly don't think one-starring a thread fits the bit. So what exactly is it??

Your right about Jerry's (whoever this person is though) He did mention one-starring and I bought it hook line an sinker. Sorry about that one.

Janie

The 2 threads I was referring to that you had 'just' posted to included the one from Jerry saying goodbye which had nothing to do with the 1 star system and this thread from Ellie which also has nothing to do with the one star system (although it was mentioned very briefly to reference back to where the original posts occurred). Those were the threads you mentioned in your message and no, neither of them have to do with the 1 star system but a whole different situation. They have to do with Jerry and just Jerry. Ellie only referenced the thread that had to do with the one star issue because that was where Jerry brought up his issue with Cathe and Liz. I think everyone has already moved on from the whole one star issue of yesterday and some are using that as a springboard for a whole different set of issues.

What amazes me is that these threads even get to this point. All of the other forums I belong to have a strict set of guidelines for how members are expected to treat each other etc.. When threads even start to get out of hand, they are locked down or deleted. We've always been left to moderate ourselves with little direction or guidance. With things growing like they have and more and more people taking part in the forum, I wish they would at least draft up some sort of a TOS (Terms of Service) for members to agree to and then actually have some moderators who help keep things civil.

Last edited:
WOW!!!! Did I open a pandora box or what??? I usually lurk on this forum every so often, and don't post much. Well, yesterday I started to read the one star thread, which I found so amusing because people are getting so bent out of shape over being rated. Not being familiar with the quote function, I tried to cut and paste, and in the process I erased Jerry's name from the quote. I guess that may it look like that I had made the statement. Soon after Clarissa jumped on my back and called me a sick puppy, which I should had just ignored, but I responded. She then accused me of being Jerry, which I don't even know who that is. But anyway, my real name is Melissa. I don't know how you can check that. I hope next time you verify your information before you start accusing people.

Melissa

I hope next time you verify your information before you start accusing people.

Melissa

This fruitcake/whack job sure wishes you would, too. Before LYAO. :)

Ellie...If ever we meet on a Cathe RT, I'm going to hug the stuffin' out of you. Be afraid. Be VERY afraid!!

;) Jonezie

PS...Does anyone else think this begs to be a bad bar joke? "A fruitcake, a whack job and a sick puppy walk into a bar..."

Last edited:
PS...Does anyone else think this begs to be a bad bar joke? "A fruitcake, a whack job and a sick puppy walk into a bar..."

Love it, Jonezie. Here's my finish to it.

and they all started to bicker until they realized they all shared the fact that Cathe had changed their lives. They put their differences behind them and they all lived happily ever after (in the best shape of their lives).

The End

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.