Newbie here, questions about Ripped with HiiT

jmapkob

Hello all,

I am a mother of three who is just getting back into fitness. I've been playing around with various sets for a few months now (PiYO, T-25, XTFMAX, etc. I am currently doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution, and I recently bought Cathe's XTrain set. I just used every last bit of my birthday money on that set and the equipment I didn't have (elastic loops, (to replace firewalkers) a step and additional risers, slightly heavier dumbbells (my heaviest so far has been 10 lbs.) ... I probably won't get to XTrain until December or January, unless I get super curious, but to be honest I'm a bit intimidated and wand to work out with some easier series first. ;)

My question has to do with Ripped with HiiT. I am interested in purchasing that series, as well as the Low-Impact ones, but I am waiting to see if it will be the Daily Deal on Cathe's web site. Does she ever offer her multi-disk sets as daily deals? I don't want to pay $99 if I can save a bit, and of course I have time to wait since I won't even be diving into XTrain fully yet.

Also, since I just paid a boatload for the Step and additional risers (I bought the High Step for its risers, not sure if it's ever needed on its own), which other DVDs / programs would you recommend to make the best use of it?

Hello and welcome! The high step is used in High step training, High step challenge and high step circuit. It's also used in Bootcamp. Cathe does offer the sets for the Daily deal once in a while. I used to check it almost everyday! The Low impact series is one of my favorites! It has some serious workouts without the impact to irritate the joints. You might try other websites the get Ripped with Hiit for a lower price or just keep checking the daily deal. In the meantime.....you'll be busy! Good for you!

Hello all,

I am a mother of three who is just getting back into fitness. I've been playing around with various sets for a few months now (PiYO, T-25, XTFMAX, etc. I am currently doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution, and I recently bought Cathe's XTrain set. I just used every last bit of my birthday money on that set and the equipment I didn't have (elastic loops, (to replace firewalkers) a step and additional risers, slightly heavier dumbbells (my heaviest so far has been 10 lbs.) ... I probably won't get to XTrain until December or January, unless I get super curious, but to be honest I'm a bit intimidated and wand to work out with some easier series first. ;)

My question has to do with Ripped with HiiT. I am interested in purchasing that series, as well as the Low-Impact ones, but I am waiting to see if it will be the Daily Deal on Cathe's web site. Does she ever offer her multi-disk sets as daily deals? I don't want to pay $99 if I can save a bit, and of course I have time to wait since I won't even be diving into XTrain fully yet.

Also, since I just paid a boatload for the Step and additional risers (I bought the High Step for its risers, not sure if it's ever needed on its own), which other DVDs / programs would you recommend to make the best use of it?

You can always use the coupons that she offers. They are on the website, the more you buy the more you spend. Not sure how they play out on sets. :)

Untitled-1.jpg

Not sure if you want it right away or have time to wait, but she also has deals around Black Friday-for a week I think? That's when I picked up a lot of the sets I wanted. And you can also use the coupon codes on top of deals of the day-so that makes it really affordable! I know it's a long way off, but just thought I'd mention it!

Oh, wow, so apparently those coupons do work on the sets, as well. I wish I'd known that before I ordered XTrain on eBay! So now I just have to decide if 30% off the HiiT series is "good enough" or if I should wait until it is a daily deal. (I would add in a few step DVDs and others that I've heard about. (I believe Crossfire and Afterburn are in one of the rotations that XTrain lists?)

Not sure if you want it right away or have time to wait, but she also has deals around Black Friday-for a week I think? That's when I picked up a lot of the sets I wanted. And you can also use the coupon codes on top of deals of the day-so that makes it really affordable! I know it's a long way off, but just thought I'd mention it!
Great idea, thank you! Now I just wish that the Low Impact Series came as a set, because I dislike having lots of individual DVD cases floating around.

Hi and welcome!
Have you considered the Cathe On Demand service? Even if you ultimately want to purchase DVDs, I'd strongly suggest trying them out on On Demand for a month before you purchase a set.
Just my two cents. :)
XTrain is a great set -- varied and flexible. I hope you love it!
Roz

Also, if you don't mind my asking, how long postpartum are you? Just for the purpose of suggestions...

Oh, about a year and a half. ;) All three were Cesareans, though, and I do believe my core needs some help. I only have about 10 or so "vanity pounds" ... mainly in the booty and gut. I fit into my pre-pregnancy size 6 clothes again, though they're a bit tight. My goals are mainly to increase my metabolism by building muscle and gaining strength. When my little guy weans (sometime this year - his older brothers both weaned before they were 2) I might tighten up my diet a bit, but as I said, I'm in no huge rush. I just paid a ton for DVDs and equipment, I don't have money yet for a new wardrobe.

I have fond memories of step aerobics because they helped me slim down between 8th and 9th grade (I had been super chubby pre-teen, but my teenage years were more "normal" as I joined high school sports teams and exercised on my own at home). I looked at some snippets of Cathe's other step workouts though and they seem super choreographed. I'm not sure if I'll be into that nowadays. I'm more of a bootcamp / wannabe Crossfit but instead I work out at home sort of girl.

I try if I can to fit it into the baby's nap, because I learned today that I can NOT hold a plank with a 27 lb boy on my back!

I 'm not sure what your library system is like in your area, but you might want to check it out. My library doesn't carry Cathe DVDs, but they can order DVDs from other libraries. Mine has a really easy web interface to look up and order. That way I was able to try the workouts before I bought them (really it was to prioritize for me, since I own about 90% of Cathe's dvd's and I dearly love them all).

Oh, wow, so apparently those coupons do work on the sets, as well. I wish I'd known that before I ordered XTrain on eBay! So now I just have to decide if 30% off the HiiT series is "good enough" or if I should wait until it is a daily deal. (I would add in a few step DVDs and others that I've heard about. (I believe Crossfire and Afterburn are in one of the rotations that XTrain lists?)
The RWH series is definitely good enough to buy, especially at a discount. Afterburn and Crossfire are too. They are amazing workouts that will not leave you wanting more. :) The good thing about not waiting until they are in the Daily Deal is that if you buy them separately, you will be able to use the coupon, but you won't get the free shipping so you'll just spend your savings on shipping. If your luck is anything like mine, they will most certainly not be on a special on the same day. :)
Trying the on demand for a month is also a great idea.
Best of luck.

But if I wait until Ripped with HiiT is on special, and then buy the others to complete the number required for the coupon, that would work, correct?

The RWH series is definitely good enough to buy, especially at a discount. Afterburn and Crossfire are too. They are amazing workouts that will not leave you wanting more. :) The good thing about not waiting until they are in the Daily Deal is that if you buy them separately, you will be able to use the coupon, but you won't get the free shipping so you'll just spend your savings on shipping. If your luck is anything like mine, they will most certainly not be on a special on the same day. :)
Trying the on demand for a month is also a great idea.
Best of luck.

Oh, about a year and a half. ;) All three were Cesareans, though, and I do believe my core needs some help. I only have about 10 or so "vanity pounds" ... mainly in the booty and gut. I fit into my pre-pregnancy size 6 clothes again, though they're a bit tight. My goals are mainly to increase my metabolism by building muscle and gaining strength. When my little guy weans (sometime this year - his older brothers both weaned before they were 2) I might tighten up my diet a bit, but as I said, I'm in no huge rush. I just paid a ton for DVDs and equipment, I don't have money yet for a new wardrobe.

I have fond memories of step aerobics because they helped me slim down between 8th and 9th grade (I had been super chubby pre-teen, but my teenage years were more "normal" as I joined high school sports teams and exercised on my own at home). I looked at some snippets of Cathe's other step workouts though and they seem super choreographed. I'm not sure if I'll be into that nowadays. I'm more of a bootcamp / wannabe Crossfit but instead I work out at home sort of girl.

I try if I can to fit it into the baby's nap, because I learned today that I can NOT hold a plank with a 27 lb boy on my back!
Oh yeah, I hear you about eating/breastfeeding! My 18 month old just weaned, and till then I was starving every day, and eating like a... like a what?... well, like a breastfeeding mom. Early on when I wanted to lose some of the baby fat, I read calorie recommendations for bfing moms trying to lose weight and everyone said ~1800 cals/day. I was like... what?!? :eek: No way could I go that low, even at the end. I was always eating at least 2300-2500 cals/day, roughly. Up to ~3500 if I was active. Now that she's weaned, I can go without a snack (or three) between meals without freaking out at everyone in my path.

Seriously, try some of the On Demand bootcamp-type workouts! Intensity is awesome, original bootcamp, To The Max has some straightforward step and drills. Crossfire. They're great! Not all the workouts are mambo, cha-cha, stuff.

And I hear you also on toddler-weight planks. I was trying to do Hard Strikes yesterday and DD woke up from her nap right at the end. I paused then started again, trying to do the triceps dips, but my little snuggle beast jumped on me, chanting, '1! 2! Hug! Hug!' However, I've worked up to doing parallel bars dips with my 25-lb DD in an Ergo front-carry, LOL. ;)
Roz

And I hear you also on toddler-weight planks. I was trying to do Hard Strikes yesterday and DD woke up from her nap right at the end. I paused then started again, trying to do the triceps dips, but my little snuggle beast jumped on me, chanting, '1! 2! Hug! Hug!' However, I've worked up to doing parallel bars dips with my 25-lb DD in an Ergo front-carry, LOL. ;)
Roz

That's so adorable!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.