New Workouts- On the Fence Help Me Decide

orangenet

Cathlete
Maybe I have missed some threads but am I the only one on the fence about purchasing the new workouts. I love Cathe so this is in no way meant to be to be negative. What is holding me back is that I think I will only use the High Rep and Total Body DVDs. The HITT does not appeal to me as much because I just can not do a lot of high impact and I know there is going to be a lower impact premix. As far as the Lower Body DVD I just feel I have plenty other workouts I can use.

On the other hand, I love Cathe and the production quality of her work. I do not want to find myself three months from now regretting not purchasing at the pre-sale price.

Do you think it is worth it to buy at pre-sale knowing I may only use two of the DVDs?

Any advice is much appreciated. Pro or con just help me decide. Time is running out- tomorrow!

Thanks,
Annette

You do have the option to purchase individual dvds. I ordered all of them myself - even tho I'm on the fence about HIIT - I figure I'll give it a try!

I agree with Mary, you can purchase them individually, get the ones your really excited about at the pre-sale price. I don't think they are going to go up by much after tomorrow anyway. So if your not 100% about getting all 4 then get just the two because you also don't want to regret having 2 workouts you will never use.

I pre-preodered all 4 for myself because I don't have STS or Shock Cardio yet so this will give an insight into those until I can afford them.

I also think that while some of them may seem like previous Cathe workouts, each one has a specific focus so Lower Body Blast could work some different muscles in different ways (just my guess though). I think it just adds to the variety factor.

Hopefully what I said makes some kind of sense :confused:

This is the first presale I haven't participated in, and I'm waiting this time around until after the workouts come out. There are too many of the STS and STS cardio workouts that I was not really wild about.

I really have enough workouts to keep me busy, and for me, it's worth the wait to buy a workout I really want at full price rather than buying on presale and not really getting a great deal if I don't like 2 out of the 4, for example.

The savings this time will not be as good as in the past because the presale was offered so much closer to the release date, so I would not sweat it too much. I also would not order the full set if you only want 2.

As mentioned, you can order them individually as well. I know I will not use the lower body workout, and I'm kind of lazy about selling my dvds, so did not order the full set. Originally I was going to wait for clips, but I like being part of the whole pre-order excitement, so went ahead and ordered the other 3.

Buying a discount bundle with stuff you want +stuff you do not want usually means you spend more (than just buying what you really want) and own more clutter. I would say buy the whole package only if you are reasonably sure you will use all the workouts.

I plan to get high reps as a download and probably sts total body if it isn't too equipment intensive. Intensity is too advanced for me and I don't need more lower body workouts.

Thanks Ladies for your responses. My brain has been so jumbled with other things going on that it did not even click that I could buy two of them individually. I feel so much better now. I did not want to miss out on the ones I wanted but at the same time I did not want dust collectors.

I know what you mean Vee about the Intensity being too advanced. I bought the STS Cardio and on HIIT 30/30 it is more like 20/40 for me which is not a problem but it has made me a little scared to even try the other two HIIT.

By the way, Katherine I did print out your modifications for Cardio Core Circuit and am looking forward to the next time I want to attempt that workout. Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to come up with the list.

Thank you for your input.
Annette

Hi Annette,
I too was on the fence about ordering these workouts. I think Cathe is the greatest, but I personally haven't even finished the Shock Cardio series yet. But, the preorder prices are always so good AND Cathe's products are still #1 in my book. I pulled the trigger and preordered all 4 DVD's this morning. The releases of the pictures of the workouts did me in - LOL! I'm actually still not sure about High Reps, but I figure I'll give it a try and trade it if I wind up not liking it.

I'm glad that you were able to find a solution that worked for you! The option to buy the individual workouts was enticing. I wanted to get the downloads, but couldn't justify spending the same amount for the download vs. the DVDs, nor could I justify an additional $30 to add the downloads to the DVD prices.

For the first time in years, I'll be looking forward to Halloween this year!!

HTH,
Fitgirl-atx

I made the mistake of canceling my STS and STS cardio pre-sale. After reviewing the clips I ended up buying STS 1 and the kick boxing STS cardio workouts. When all was said and done I ended up spending more money buying them seperately than I would have if I just kept the pre-sale price. Even if I didn't LOVE some of the workouts I always like to go back and give a workout a try. I originally did not like the 4 day split but now I LOVE it. I really, really LOVE Cathe's STS cardio kick boxing workouts. FUN!! FUN!!! FUN!! Something tells me that Cathe listens to the feed back and that these workouts are going to be great. I pre-ordered right away and I'm not looking back. I can't wait to get them.

I'm buying just one of the workouts

Maybe I have missed some threads but am I the only one on the fence about purchasing the new workouts. I love Cathe so this is in no way meant to be to be negative. What is holding me back is that I think I will only use the High Rep and Total Body DVDs. The HITT does not appeal to me as much because I just can not do a lot of high impact and I know there is going to be a lower impact premix. As far as the Lower Body DVD I just feel I have plenty other workouts I can use.

On the other hand, I love Cathe and the production quality of her work. I do not want to find myself three months from now regretting not purchasing at the pre-sale price.

Do you think it is worth it to buy at pre-sale knowing I may only use two of the DVDs?

Any advice is much appreciated. Pro or con just help me decide. Time is running out- tomorrow!

Thanks,
Annette

I'm very happy that they have the option to buy individual workouts - I'm only interested in the Intensity one. Problem solved.

I'm not on the fence. I decided early on not to participate in the pre-sale this time around.

A static picture may look exciting because of new crew members, new gear, high production quality, etc, but it tells you nothing about the entire content of the DVD/workout. My sense from reading the workout descriptions was "oh, here we go again...". I didn't see anything in the descriptions that suggested innovation. My perception of these workouts is that they are repetitive of what Cathe has done in the past and I question the extent to which she is actually listening to her audience. The largest thread by far on her "Workout suggestions" forum is the one requesting a low impact series. Of course, Cathe can put out any workout she wants, this is her business prerogative.

I'm not convinced High Reps is a must have since I already have PH and the CTX series, even if the music has been modernized. I already have all of Cathe's previous weight workouts, so what exactly will be in Lower Body Blast and STS total body that I do not already have? Most of us probably have not purchased the STS tower, so why does Cathe not show someone doing the same exercises with a chair (see today's blog picture re: lower body exercises)? In addition, I am concerned about the continued lack of modification in Cathe's workouts: none of us is getting any younger!

I agree Cathe is one of the best in the business and the production quality is high. However, at this point in my collection, I am looking for real innovation and at this point in my life, I no longer want so much emphasis either on high impact cardio nor on endless squats, lunges and bench presses.

I am happy for all those who are buying and looking forward to these workouts. They are not, alas, for me. Maybe I will change my mind after I see detailed and extensive film clips? Maybe.

My advice to the original poster is: why not wait and watch clips after the pre-sale and then see if you really want these workouts or not? Not really much time to wait and sometimes we waste money in our speed and efforts to save money, and what seems like a great deal may not turn out to be so if you end up using so little of it. Look after the pennies and pick and choose exactly what you need: don't jump on the bandwagon for fear you are missing out on something. You are not.

Clare

Last edited:
New to Cathe!!!

I'm brand new to Cathe and have preordered all 4 of the DVDs. This was based on how I felt last week with my first Cathe DVD workout, HiiT 30/30 :D. I have been doing AWT for over 20 years and felt like I was sliding backward instead of progressing in my workouts :(. The routines that I've been doing are just not giving me the muscle definition I crave. I have known about Cathe for a long time but was too intimidated to try her :confused:. I think I'm ready now! Since I don't own any of her previous series, I know I'll get a lot out of all 4 DVDs and won't feel like there is repetition. I think the key to fitness is variety and hitting it (or should I say, HiiTing it? :eek:) from all angles; incorporating different disciplines to round things out and avoid plateaus. You might be surprised by the DVDs you think you'll never use. I never thought I'd like something like HiiT, but it has charged me up and given me a new outlook ;)!!!

I'm totally on the fence, as well. This has been the first time I've not pulled the preorder trigger on the first day! My problem is mostly financial, however. I know these don't seem that different from what I already have, but I don't mind that. When you do a particular workout over and over and over, it's nice to do a different version of it. However, I'm broke. I've been sick for two years and I haven't done STS, STS cardio, or the Insanity set I bought. If the preorder price were exceptional, I would have gone for it. Since I'm not saving THAT much, I'll wait until I am better able to afford it and more likely (able) to use it. Only last night did I first start regretting my decision to wait. I love the look of these workouts and I ADORE lower body workouts - I can never have too many. I have to be strong, though. I'm having a really rough time right now, too, and would love to indulge in some retail therapy...

Fidget Queen, it's not the end of the world if you can't afford it right now. I know how it feels not being able to pre-order, but the workouts will be there later. And they'll be that much better because you won't be worried that you bought something you couldn't afford. I hope things get better for you very soon.

bonvivant, you are totally right. I don't even feel badly about it. I actually didn't care one bit about ordering the workouts at first. I think the pictures piqued my interest enough that I started wondering if I should indulge. But I won't. I have been on a strict no-buying spree in 2010 and I don't want to break it now in a moment of weakness. I'm not even strong enough to do them right now! I do look forward to the reviews, though. It'll be fun.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.