New Video Fix...

RE: Joining the Club

Okay - I love this thread - I recently aquired the wedding tape in a trade and love it - I bought it for the cardio. Last weekend I FINISHED CIRCUIT MAX!!! So, now I am in a major Cathe phase - this week I am doing P/S.. So, I couldn't decide whether to get MIS and cardio kicks and a new version of the wedding tape(the tape I got in the trade has some tracking problems) or the CTX series. So, while was deciding which new Cathes to add to my collection..... I orderd the new Denise Austin Pilates for Everybody and two Firms I have been wanting - the Cross trainer series! While I'm doing these new tapes I am going to read all the posts on the CTX series - I'll probably end up buy it - Thank goodness hubby doesn't pay attention to my growing video collection!

RE: Joining the Club

Okay - I love this thread - I recently aquired the wedding tape in a trade and love it - I bought it for the cardio. Last weekend I FINISHED CIRCUIT MAX!!! So, now I am in a major Cathe phase - this week I am doing P/S.. So, I couldn't decide whether to get MIS and cardio kicks and a new version of the wedding tape(the tape I got in the trade has some tracking problems) or the CTX series. So, while was deciding which new Cathes to add to my collection..... I orderd the new Denise Austin Pilates for Everybody and two Firms I have been wanting - the Cross trainer series! While I'm doing these new tapes I am going to read all the posts on the CTX series - I'll probably end up buy it - Thank goodness hubby doesn't pay attention to my growing video collection!

Ok I have a question about getting some new videos. If I buy leaner legs for my leg workout, which upper body tape should I get?

Kristie

I got CTX, Cardio Kick/Circuit Max DVD and Powerstrikes for my birthday recently. All of them are keepers! Now I just HAVE to have platemates -- so I order a pair 1.25 lbs so I can have a 17.5 lb dumbell, and a pair 2.5 lbs so I can have a 35 lb dumbell. Seems like the buying spree never stop...

Haslina

p/s
I think Cory GHAS is a pretty good upper body tape (with exception it does not have chest and back). She does a set for strength -- build muscle. And then she does a superset for endurance. I only use 3-8 lbs dumbells when I do the tape.

TO: lynnesq2

So, how do you compare Christy's Totally Cool Step to her StepHeaven(1st 2 segments combined as 1 workout)-harder or easier workwise and choreography?

Is Totally Hot Cardio as hard as Totally Hot Step?

In your opinion are Christy's workouts as hard as Cathe's workouts?

How do you compare Mindy's stepping to Christy's and Cathe's?

And please, share your opinions on CIA - Step Till You Drop

Hello Stacy,

I've just done the exact same thing! I needed some new workouts to keep me interested so I decided to buy the following:

Christy Taylor's Totally Hot Cardio
Christy Taylor's Totally Cool Step
Christy Taylor's Still Stepping
Christy Taylor's Still Jumping
Urban Tai Chi
Break Thru Cardio Step 2-(which is a gamble because I have the first Break Thru Cardio Step and the pace is slow, the cuing is aweful and the transitions are the sloppiest I have ever seen, but this one got a good review so I thought I would chance it.)

Cory Everson's Get Hard Series - (I wanted a good weight workout in shorter sessions than the PS series.)

And for lighter days I got:
Gay Gaspers Fat Burning for Dummies (it got great reviews)
Leslie Sansone's 4 mile power walk
Reebok Rhythmic Power
Petra Kolber's Steps, Layers and Links
Reebok Step, Rhythm and Moves
and finally, Petra Kolber's B.R.E.A.T.H.E.

They will arrive on Tuesday, I can't wait. I know I must have gotten something good in all of this.:)

RE: TO: lynnesq2

Hi Rhiannonw: I am going to be absolutely NO help to you whatsoever - I am embarassed to say that i have not done any of my new tapes (i have 5 christy tapes and have not done ONE!!!). my problem is that whenever i peruse my collection before a workout (my schedule is too erratic to have official 'rotations' although i try), i always always end up picking a cathe tape, it's like an addiction. So why do I even bother buying the other tapes? I have no idea!!!!
maybe deedee can answer - her recent post revealed that she just purchased some christy tapes!! Sorry!
at any rate, as soon as i do one of my new tapes, i'll be more than happy to comment. . .

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Sep-21-02 AT 00:08AM (Est)[/font][p]I'm a true Cathe video believer, I can't help, but think I bet if this were a Cathe video it would have been more intense...the only other tapes i do are Tae-Bo Advanced Live,and Ripped series also Intense Moves by Gin Miller.....Although I would like to try some other videos that you guys know have tough cardio like cathe's intensity or pretty close to it :) Is Powerstrike really good?

*Lacy*,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.