New Video Clarification

I thought you were just looking for that fourth idea, too. Since I already posted on the other thread, and now that I understand what you're going for, I'll just add that complimentary sets (i.e. CTX or IS) are fabulous. It sure takes some of the guess work out of "what will I choose today?" And I'll make one more plea for a compilation disc. The Terminator is such a great bonus. Like everyone else, if you make it I'll buy it!

CinDee

Hi Cathe,
I think that you should back an introduction or a beginner tape. When I was introduced to you it was through your All Step video. It was had for me and I got discouraged when I watched it because I had never did step before. I think that you should make a intro or beginner tape so that people that are new to you can understand the kinds of movements and the way you instruct.

I love getting a set of DVDs/workouts that can be used in a rotation.
It seems almost if not all fitness guru's train one body part per day. Can you create a workout with that focus? I know CTX is basically that type of training, I'd like MORE.

MOVES:
Please do some Peterson Step ups to develop front triangle above knee. Also more side lunges. I need leg definition believe it or not!

I love boot camp style too.
HI-LOW with very little or no step.

AND - whatever YOU think we need! You always do the BEST workouts!
Thanks for asking!
Doreen

Oh Cathe! I just CANNOT believe you're putting out more DVD's. This just puts me into a tailspin! I go absolutley insane wondering what you're going to do and when I can pre-order!:eek: Oh, the agony!

1.That being said, PLEEZE do a push/pull type workout with heavy weights. Sixty minutes for upper and sixty minutes for lower.

2.Another Rhythmic Step type tape would be awesome.

3.I think Kathy's suggestion about the pdf for the intro to Cathe is an excellent idea.

4. A stretch tape would be great, too.

Like other's have said, please keep the INTESITY way up there! I love all of your vids, but look most forward to your weight workouts, heavy or endurance!

Sherry http://www.gif-seite.de/vorschaubilder/smilies/laola.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/Peanut7

I don't have any specific suggestion...they've all been so good. I will add that I prefer a 2 day split for wt. training and I love the push/pull idea.

I wonder if a circuit 2 day split is an option. A Circuit Max/Cardio & Wts. type pair that works only upper body one day and only lower body the next. :7 (*whispering* Oh, and low impact/non-step/intense cardio would really brown my biscuits. :p )

Edit: Oh, I just read Kathryn's suggestion for a weights only circuit workout....YES!!!!!! :) :) :)

Cathe, you make me happy! :7

Like everyone else said, thank you Cathe for taking the time to ask and listen to our suggestions. You are the best! Here are my requests...

Any type of weight training you decide is great and I will buy it. I like two day splits as well. My pyramids have gotten a lot of use :)

I would love a tough low-impact/non-step cardio tape. Lots of kickbox involved...

I would love a lower body tape that has a lot, if not all floorwork.

I would love a pilates tape from you (in the future-you said not this time)

Whatever tapes you do, please include thorough warm-ups and stretches like in the Intensity Series. Love those stretches. Whatever you do, I will buy :) Love, Heather

Hi Cathe! I think I will keep this short n sweet so you can get through these requests! OK. Here are my ideas!!
1)Separate the "Intro to Cathe" video, if you decide to produce this tape. I would make this a stand alone dvd, possibly with some pointers, and info on your classic step moves for the newbies.

2)A cardio series! (as mentioned waaay above!) Possibly:1 hi/lo or hi/lo mix vid 2)Classic Cathe step (like the Stylized Step idea!) 3)a long 1.5 cardio video w/many styles
3)A butt video!

That is about all for me. I know you pick good stuff always so I am not worried at all! I agree, keep em coming intense! I can't imagine my workouts without the intensity of your videos!:D

Cathe,
I just want to thank you for the "New to Cathe" video idea. I have been a firmie for years and have truly devleoped a passion for exercise. I am finally at the point I feel advanced enought to try your tapes. I started with Cardio & Weights. I was pleasantly surprised to be able to do this after a few rewinds. There is a true need for this type of intro tape. The alternating format of step for a segment and weights for a segment really open the workout up for someone just learning as opposed to 60 min non stop choreography. C&W is a fun workout with great music. I would love to see C&W2 made of classic Cathe step moves. I know you will be able to find just thr right mix of introduction yet challenge.

Thanks,
Liz :)

Cathe,
1) I have really(!!!) enjoyed Cardio & Weights. It seems to go by so quickly and I get a really nice overall workout. Something like this would be nice.
2) Surprisingly I enjoyed Imax2. It was a nice group of intervals.
3) I always like one weight choice. The push/pull sounds interesting.
4) It would be fun to see something that mixes Imax2, Cardio and Weights and Boot Camp/Muscle Endurance. Somthing like your Terminator series. For me these seem to go by the fastest with a high fun factor.
5) The music was a lot of fun in the intensity series.

Thanks for listening.

STRENGTH CIRCUIT IDEA

I have already posted twice, but with different suggestions on each. Here is a third idea that might catch on, and the video might also be fun to make.

The theme would be using the same set of dumbbells for a long time, eliminating the need to change weights. You would change weights, but only a very few times in the workout. These would also be water breaks.

A strength video, slower paced (faster than S& H though) with mixed tempos. The key to this video is that you would use one set of dumbbells for supersets or giant sets of different muscles, even though the muscles are not the same in strength. To make up for the disparity, one set, say, triceps kickbacks, (8 pound dumbbells) would be only 6 to 8 reps, then the next set, say, overhead presses, would be half time (therefore harder) and/or more reps, like 16 to 20 reps.

Then, later in the workout you might even it up (strength to endurance) by pairing triceps with rear delt (3 to 5 pound dumbbells), and making the triceps exercise more slow or long. And then later pair the o-h presses with a lower body exercise after changing to a heavier barbell (or do upright rows) and this would become an all-around strength circuit with minimal weight changes, thereby attracting the time-crunched crowd.

A hard workout made easy. A video/DVD organizer/chapterer's dream! This idea jumped into my head today so I thought I'd share!
-Connie

Thank you, Cathe, for giving us a forum to make suggestions! I really have no preferences as long as it is a good, tough work out. I have many videos but rarely use any one else's because no one puts out intense, well thought out and well executed work outs like you do. As long as the work outs are the same quality, advanced, intense work outs you are well known for, I will always buy them!

Personally, I like the idea of an Intro to Cathe tape as long as it was intense. To me, it would probably be a sort of "Best of Cathe" with new music and I wouldn't care how much is teaching the move or not as long as the work out was good. All of your other ideas sound good, too!

P.S. I really enjoy the music in the Intensities and the wonderful chaptering, too! Plus--the 3 Terminator work outs are wonderful, and if you can do something similar with the next group I'd love it!!

Hi Cathe! I still like all 3 of your initial tape suggestions; however, I wouldn't buy the Intro to Cathe because that only pertains to newbies. I already stated that I would LOVE for you to do a stability ball workout 45-60 min. I also like the idea of a 20-20-20 tape & another kickboxing tape. If I can think of anything else, you know I'll let you know;) Thanks again, Kathy:7

Hi Cathe,
I would also like to see a Hi\Lo video, another series like the Pure Strength which I absolutly love,love,love, another CTX series with more weight, slower moves. Another kickbox would also be great, but I know that whatever you come up with I will buy, I love your work!! you are the best!!
Patricia:)

I have not read any of the other previous posts so please excuse me if I am repeating someone else. I think that maybe a strength training tape working the negative movements would be great. It would work the muscles in a different way than any of your other tapes. Also, I love the idea of doing a push/pull workout. My only other suggestion is maybe a tape where you do dropsets. However that may be a better idea for an exerciser to do on their own. I look forward to hearing what you come up with. Your tapes are the reason I do weights. I push myself harder than when I workout without a tape.

I edited to add I love the stability ball and would love to see more workouts included with it. Also, I agree with another poster that more floor work would be a nice addition.

I very much agree with advanced low impact and hi intensity!!

The weight work can be any thing you like- I love all the weight wrokouts you do.

And I'll mention agin that stability ball work would be nice too.

Also maybe an extended stretching session some where - as a bonus perhaps?

All your workouts are great, but many of us have knees that just can't do it any more, especially on carpets.

Thanks for asking! You always come up with fantastic workouts!
Judy

May God always grant you a sunbeam to warm you... a moonbeam to charm you...& a sheltering angel, so nothing can harm you :)

I love the idea of "Intro to Cathe" since I'm choreographically challenged but would love to learn how to do your step workouts.

I'm a big fan of all of your strength training workouts, so adding another one would just be icing on the cake for me. I like the idea of the Push/Pull workout.

Sue

I'm among the 40 yos who are concerned about joints and/or just don't have the zing to do 60 minutes of high impact anymore.

So I'd love to see a riveting hi-lo aerobic workout with greater focus on the "lo". A VERY intense workout with large lever movements and the "hi" could be interspersed plyos, jumps...or jump rope! Of course the music would have to parallel intense low. I've noticed that often in hi/lo workouts the music compels one to go high even though the desire is to remain low. It's frustrating.

I love all the strength tapes you make so I'm very enthusiastic towards a push/pull tape.

I would like to see stretches held for about 20 to 30 seconds for large muscle groups.

Particulary would like to see more kickboxing, plenty of upper body boxing and some jump rope...like a semi-interval workout. And I like the jump-kicks but I don't like doing a number of one-legged kicks while the supporting leg is also leaving the floor...my form suffers and the kick isn't as strong.

And after all is said...
You make it, I'll buy it!

I like & want the "Intro to Cathe" Idea! However, I think that this would be better as
bonus material on a DVD. That way if there are complicated moves for which
we need specific help then there is help. I'm not sure that this would be a very
exciting workout.

I'm a bit choreography challenged so I would prefer the cardio take a simpler
yet still intense form: like an IMAX 3.

I love Boot Camp another along this line PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!

Muscle Endurance is another one of your most inspired workouts. A sister
to Muscle Endurance that hits the muscles with somewhat different exercises
would be very welcome. In fact, I have all of your DVD's and I can't tear my
self away from the new Intensity series.

I think that an intense Cathe style Pilates video workout would be nice too.
Usually this sort of workout (or prolonged stretches) bore me. But, I'm sure that
you could find a way to make a grueling Pilates-style workout.

I love the intensity and challenge that is found in your workouts. Please keep
that going what ever you do. Thank you for taking our suggestions.

Dona

Hi Cathe!! I really really want another HEAVY weight video. And another Boot Camp. And last but certianly not least, ANOTHER BODYMAX PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Thanks,
Amyfit

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.