New spin DVD

hokypoky

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

I love spin classes, and now I love spinning with you at home! I was wondering if you'd consider a different setup for your next spin DVD .... Maybe I'm the only one, but the "pack" of riders coming at me through the screen is a little distracting. :0 There are some scenes where there a lot of heads in the shot.

I know your DVDs are always filmed with you and the girls/guys facing "me", but would you think about having shots of just you and then shots of the group? As if you were teaching the group?

Thanks for letting us give you input here .... you're amazing!

:)

i think a couple of guys would be good, too.

have a suggestion for Ride...pretty please see if you can include some ramps. not every song of course, but maybe in a couple of them. it's such a fun challenge to keep the beat of the music as it gets faster & faster, and they can be done seated or out of the saddle.

and please no single jumps...honestly, what is the purpose of going up one pedal stroke & down one pedal stroke & repeating that - boring & ineffective. now, staying up for 4-8 full revolutions and then in the saddle for 4-8 full revolutions and repeating that a few times is effective.

I was wondering if there can be a premix with not as much standing out of seat... I hate to sound picky. I know it is fun and effective but wwhen I do spin it is because I have pf flare ip or thying to prevent it. I found on the days my foot is sore it is hard to stand on pedel for to often. I'm not a spin novice so I have no idea what that would be like really but that is why I bought the bike was to have cardio without the pressure on my fot allowing for a couple days resting the foot.
I love cycle max as is if I didn't have foot problems. I just find myself cringing hoping It wont bother the foot. Sometime ot is fine but not often.
If someone can give me a tip on how to get a good workout while you stand up then let me know. I figued just pedal faster but not put tension on it to much so not to hurt the knees. ???

ReneePruitt said:
I was wondering if there can be a premix with not as much standing out of seat... I hate to sound picky. I know it is fun and effective but wwhen I do spin it is because I have pf flare ip or thying to prevent it. I found on the days my foot is sore it is hard to stand on pedel for to often. I'm not a spin novice so I have no idea what that would be like really but that is why I bought the bike was to have cardio without the pressure on my fot allowing for a couple days resting the foot.
I love cycle max as is if I didn't have foot problems. I just find myself cringing hoping It wont bother the foot. Sometime ot is fine but not often.
If someone can give me a tip on how to get a good workout while you stand up then let me know. I figued just pedal faster but not put tension on it to much so not to hurt the knees. ???

Renee-

Do you have cycling shoes so that you can clip into your pedals? For most folks, it helps them because it creates a more powerful/even stroke, but in your case, it might also benefit your PF, because cycling shoes don't allow your foot to flex much. That might making make moves out of the saddle much more comfortable/less aggravating to your foot.

Good luck!

Lol id love to b out of saddle if I was able just not the whole time.. but I never even heard of cycling shoes...but that tells you how new I am to it and how little I know
So thank-you for the tip on The shoes! I will check it out.
And your so right the one that said we are all different :) that is y I was thinking maybe having a premix that is in the saddle. Does that sound doable? Or does it sound impossible for a good workout? I really don't know for sure

ReneePruitt said:
Lol id love to b out of saddle if I was able just not the whole time.. but I never even heard of cycling shoes...but that tells you how new I am to it and how little I know
So thank-you for the tip on The shoes! I will check it out.
And your so right the one that said we are all different :) that is y I was thinking maybe having a premix that is in the saddle. Does that sound doable? Or does it sound impossible for a good workout? I really don't know for sure

Not sure if in terms of editing it's doable, but you certainly can get a great work out staying in the saddle, although it emphasizes your quads more than gluteus and hamstrings (nothing wrong with that). Do try the cycling shoes though,if you can.....that might help a lot with your feet. Also, you might be able to get a good deal in Oct or so, as cyclists move indoors and stores start running clearance sales...or maybe they're even running now?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.