New Series

loneswaneast

Cathlete
Okay, I have only done two so far, AND, my intention here is not to hurt anyone. I must say, however, I find it difficult to watch these dvds. The false smiles, obviously being coached from behind the camera, is really irritating, sacharine and a definite put-off. No matter how good a workout it is, that is simply too distracting. Additionally, whoever did Jae's makeup needs to go. No idea how that was allowed to be done to that beautiful woman. You need a makeup artist who understand a range of complexions. Yuck!
Another suggestion: Why not have one of the veteran crew do an advanced version of everything so those of us who need more of a challenge could follow that and not waste time. These were sold as intermediate, but they are really bordering on beginner-intermediate. Please bring natural expressions back!

Funny, I never noticed all the negative, I was busy with “work work”. I guess it is all in perception. I have only done the band workout so far but I assure you, if you use a firm band, this is no “beginner” w/o. Cathe has stated many times in all her series, to work to your max ability. I question some of these negative “advanced Cathlete” reviews because even a mere “intermediate” such as myself, knows how to push herself. Now, back to “work work”!

I will be previewing my New Lite dvd's tonight and I wanted to do a hybrid with the Ice series that I have:) I'm hoping that the user guide will have a hybrid since it is considered the sister workout series. Do you have an idea as to when the user guide for the Lite Series will be available? I'm like a kid waiting for santa clause over here lol :)

I will be previewing my New Lite dvd's tonight and I wanted to do a hybrid with the Ice series that I have:) I'm hoping that the user guide will have a hybrid since it is considered the sister workout series. Do you have an idea as to when the user guide for the Lite Series will be available? I'm like a kid waiting for santa clause over here lol :)

There are four rotations included with the LITE User's Guide and yes there is a rotation using LITE and ICE:

LITE User's Guide Rotations

LITE Exclusively

LITE w/ICE

LITE w/Ripped W/HiiT

LITE w/STRONG AND SWEATY

We hope to finish the User's Guide this week, but we will have to see how things go.

Ummm...fake saccharine smiles? I use Cathe Live and notice many of her class members have beautiful smiles on their faces because they’re happy even though being “worked worked”. I don’t think those smiles are fake, and the smiles in these DVDs aren’t fake either. Why criticize smiles???? Isn’t there already enough negativity in this world, we now have to criticize smiles?
One of the reasons I’ve stuck with Cathe for the past 15 years is because of her positivity and beautiful smile. So thank you Cathe for making me smile even during the toughest workouts!!

While I think that the OP could have been a little more "diplomatic" in the comments, I, for one, appreciate unvarnished honesty in opinion. Just another form of "If it does not challenge you, it does not change you". I always tell my hubs that if I ask whether my outfit make my butt look big, I want to know the truth - if he doesn't tell me the truth, that means I am walking around in an outfit that makes my butt look big, and he didn't tell me so. That would infuriate me more than him telling me that my butt looks big. That is constructive criticism that makes me better.

Whether the OP was "constructive" or not is debatable. Nevertheless, it is still useful and interesting feedback to consider. Lets not attack someone who is just giving an honest opinion.

and to @loneswaneast , if you dislike obviously choreographed, "fake" smiles and enthusiasm, I recommend that you never, ever try a Firm workout. Especially the early ones from the 80's where they are wearing leotards (and way too much makeup) :)

Last edited:
I’ve done cardio party and body weight and bands so far. I’m coming off a couple injuries and I’m having adrenal/hormone issues. Intense cardio is the last thing I need right now. Cathe has so many intense cardio workouts that I think cardio party is a nice change in pace. The name doesn’t suggest it’s going to be a super hard cardio workout. What I liked about it too is that it was easiest enough that i could push myself harder as I got into it rather than making a harder workout easier.

I wish that body weight and bands had more body weight exercises. I was looking forward to working on my strength using body weight exercises and I didn’t get that sadly. But it is handy for travel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first time I do anything new it's easier because I'm learning it and not putting all out effort in. It's the second time around when I decide how hard or easy an exercise is. That's just me. I'm having fun learning something new and wish you the best.

The first time I do anything new it's easier because I'm learning it and not putting all out effort in. It's the second time around when I decide how hard or easy an exercise is. That's just me. I'm having fun learning something new and wish you the best.

Yes!!!! The same happened with Fit Split. Much more intense once I learned the moves.

With Lite, it is so easy to increase the intensity. The weight workouts are perfect for me. I am not advanced with upper body weights. Cardio—I have always been more advanced. Wearing weighted gloves, increasing the intensity of the moves or higher step height always works.

You can please all of the people some of the time, and some of the people, all of the time. But, you can't please all of the people all of the time. Just a little switch-up on an Abraham Lincoln quote.
Thank you Cathe, for showing me how to "work, work" for almost 30 years, and five babies! Love you, lady!

Last edited:
I’ve done cardio party and body weight and bands so far. I’m coming off a couple injuries and I’m having adrenal/hormone issues. Intense cardio is the last thing I need right now. Cathe has so many intense cardio workouts that I think cardio party is a nice change in pace. The name doesn’t suggest it’s going to be a super hard cardio workout. What I liked about it too is that it was easiest enough that i could push myself harder as I got into it rather than making a harder workout easier.

I wish that body weight and bands had more body weight exercises. I was looking forward to working on my strength using body weight exercises and I didn’t get that sadly. But it is handy for travel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
have you ever tried adding heavy bands to thighs and ankles when doing some body weight exercises ? Got the idea from youtube and have done that to make some of my band exercises and body weight exercises more challenging ( haven't looked at new LITE band w/o but imagine it might be applied ?)

I’ve done workouts in the past where the backgrounders are NOT smiling and it makes them look angry! Then suddenly I feel angry too! Definitely not my idea of a great workout when I’m feeling pissed off for no good reason while hoisting a 15 lb dumbbell!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.