New Runners March 2010

I haven't been motivated since Saturday but now the sun is shining and it's warming up a bit and I'm coming back to life. Monday I ran three miles in town. It was good, my first steady state run in ages. Yesterday I walked 4 slow miles with a girlfriend, my three dogs, her three dogs and we were joined by the orchard dog for part of the walk. Other than looking like the Clampetts going for a hike, we had lots of fun.

Today I got a little carried away and did Boot Camp (a friend lent it to me), doing everything but the cardio. Then I launched in to High and Tight - woohoo - and finished up with just the meaty part of Namaste yoga on FitTV. This afternoon I'm going to take the pups to the orchard and do whatever feels good - walking or maybe cardio coach. It will just depend on how my butt feels. I have attached a photo below of Nellie, my yoga coach.

Jane ~ I read "The Undomestic Goddess" by Sophie Kinsella and "The Life of Pi" by Yann Martel. "The Undomestic Goddess" was just a bit of light, fun, fluff reading but very enjoyable. I'm going to pick up some of her other books for beach reading this summer. I've been meaning to read "The Life of Pi" for ages and just now got around to it. Wow is all I can say about it. A very good book but not a feel good book, if you know what I mean.

Tricia ~ Glad you are getting in and out safely and that your house is staying dry. Be safe and may you dry out quickly!

Jane ~ How's your mom doing? I hope you are both doing well.

Alisha ~ How are you doing?

Lisa

Attachments

• Nellie yoga.jpg
    Nellie yoga.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 2
Hi Everyone,

I am taking a rest day today. I'm pretty sore from my last 2 workouts. My sister from Illinois left today. Mom is doing well and will be home alone during the day. My other 2 sisters and myself will be sleeping over at night until she gets her staples out next Monday. She is very tired but otherwise fine.

Lisa - I read the Life of Pi years ago.

Tricia - I'm glad it stopped raining. Stay safe.

Hi Alisha!

Our temps are in the 80's now and it looks like it will be dry for the next 8 days or so. We've had so much rain lately that part of my backyard was underwater. It's drying up nicely now.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Hi Ladies!

Lisa - Wow! You did a lot today! I hope you can walk tomorrow! LOL!

Jane - I'm glad your mom is doing well! I wish we had your temps! We've been between 40 and 50, but tomorrow is supposed to be 60! We should hit 70 this weekend! Woo-Hoo!

Our office flooded in the basement! It seeped from the ground water into the office! Can you believe that? We're nowhere near any body of water, but we had so much rain, that almost everyone got water from the overflow into the water table. So many people were having to be pumped out by the fire department it was so bad!

The City of Warwick on the west side of the State lost all sewer services! The sewer plant was under 6' of water. I'm so glad we ended up okay! I feel badly for all these people who had flooding but are not in a flood zone! I'm betting they won't get insurance coverage for it.

Did plyo legs this morning, abs and a nice STS extended stretch! A weird thing happened though today. After breakfast, I suddenly was exhausted and stayed that way most of the day. I felt like I was going to just collapse on the floor and not be able to get up! It didn't start to get better until around 4 this afternoon after a triple espresso and my afternoon snack of apple with peanut butter! I hope this was just one of those things! I get like that on rare occasions.

Have a great night everyone!

Jane, I hope your mom continues to do well!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.