new firm videos

I purchased the new FIRM videos and I noticed that despite the intensity of the workout, no one is sweating. I am doing the workouts and I am glistening and dripping all over. I do the weights and feel the sweat dripping down my arms. I think that it is sort of disingenuous. I have noticed the same thing about Kathy Smith's videos. One thing I like about Cathe's videos is that she and her crew are sweating as much as me.

I've found this to be true in all the Firm videos and, as much as I love the Firm, it sometimes drives me crazy that they all look so "not pooped out" and SMILING too!!! And on top of that, they're all so small. How do those barbells go up there so easily? Will I be able to do that someday??????

carissa sweats in maximum cardio, and i've got to admit that i really like it. when i'm drenched in sweat, i want the instructors to be, too.

also, you can tell some of the cast members get fairly sweaty in the classics, as to the instructors--however, it's clear they put instructors in outfits that would minimize the appearance of sweat. in vol. 1, if you look really closely, you can tell that susan has sweated some. as a whole, though, the firm is very anti-sweat in their videos.

According to my mother-in-law (whom I love dearly), who is a Southern lady, "ladies perspire, and men sweat." Add a drawl to the pah-spaarhh. I DO sweat, but then I'm from Minnesota.

I can respond to your question about them not sweating in this (which I still haven't received) and older Firm videos. What they have done to make them appear to not be sweating is they spray water on all those that sweat heavily (they even spray their clothing). This creates the illusion of them not sweating. I remember reading a few posts from a Firm Believer who was in the Core Cardio tapes.

Lorrayne

Sorry to pop any southern bell's bubble, but "Ah sure-nuff sweat!" Fiddle-dee-dee, Scarlet! ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.