needing new total body workouts

runfree

Cathlete
I have been doing the firms tough tape total body workout which I really like but I need to change it up and do something different since I have been doing that workout for 4 weeks now. I dont know what other workouts that are good and to the point. I dont really like endless reps or anything to slow and boring. any suggestions?

There are many Cathe workouts to choose from including Muscle Max, Pyramids, Superset/PushPull and so many more. Just check out the clips. If you are looking for something different I would suggest Michele Carmichael's FlexFuel and MetFuel. They move quickly, have fewer reps and cover the total body. I love these. She has two others SoulFuel which is a yoga/pilates fusion and JetFuel which has 2 30 min workouts one using tubing and the other a stability ball. Besides Cathe Michele is the only other instructor I have really clicked with for strength training.

I love Amy Bento's All Pump Xtreme :) But you need a lot of equipment for that. Have you looked at Jari Love? I am not a big fan... but that's cos I like to go slow and heavy. She's got a lot to choose from
As for Cathe... Power Hour and MIS are always good :)

Totally agree- Muscle Endurance ROCKS!! If you are talking total body weights & cardio .... my absolute favorite is Cardio & Weights! And oh gosh, sooo many Cathe workouts!

Pam

My favorite is Power Hour (and I am so excited that Cathe is making another video like this!), but if you are after something of Cathe's that does not have too many reps, I would suggest Push/Pull and Supersets. I really like how Push/Pull alternates muscle groups so there is little down time and if you go fairly heavy you can get a great total body workout in under an hour.

thanks, yes I have some jari love but not real fond of them. I forgot I have push/pull and super sets I think, I have muscle endurance too but thought it had endless reps. I get bored with that. I want straight and to the point workouts.

My favorites from Cathe are Push/Pull and Muscle Max. Supersets is nice too, but less tough in my opinion, which is a very good thing for days when I cant handle too much intensity.

Kelly Coffey Meyer - 30 Minutes to Fitness Weights.

No endless reps. It has non stop action that neither feels slow nor frenzied. Definitely to the point. The only minus in my opinion is that I need more work for my legs. However, it you are combining it in a rotation with other total body workouts (like Push/Pull), that are more legs intensive, it is really good. For active rests between sets of weight training the dvd has three options (premixes) - standing abs, floor abs or low impact cardio. I love the standing abs option. It has two short 30 minute workouts which are both splits (W1 is legs, chest, back and W2 is shoulders, bi, tri) and also a 60 minute total body premix.

My favorite Cathe total body workout is Muscle Max. No matter how many times I do it (I've done this one more than any other Cathe DVD), it never gets easy. My second favorite is Maximum Intensity Strength, which is a good buy b/c it comes on a DVD with 2 other workouts. My third favorite is Super Sets.

I also enjoy the Kelly Coffey-Meyer DVD Vee mentioned. I also like her NYC Body Sculpting workout. You can get both of these workouts on Netflix.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.