Need help from those who have read the Twilight series

Have you read the tie-in short stories by Harris?
Fairy Dust (after Dead To The World)
Night's Edge - Dancers in the Dark (after Fairy Dust)
One Word Answer (after Night's Edge - Dancers in the Dark, and before Dead As A Doornail)
My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding (after Definitely Dead and before All Together Dead)
Many Bloody Returns (after All Together Dead)

They are not actually tie-in stories (except One Word Answer which explains the circumstances around Sookie's cousin's death) but they feature Sookie and other characters and take place between novels.

An all time classic, at least for me, is Stephen King's Salem's Lot. Also, heard some good things about the Anita Blake series (by Laurell Hamilton). They were also made into adult comic books.

Liann - I've read all of Rice's books (even named my Frenchie Merrick!) but I must say they got too historically descriptive and boring by the end.

Chris.

One word answer drove me nuts....only because I didn't realize it existed and I read the books one right after another and was wondering if I had fallen asleep while reading the prior book. I wasn't sure if they were worth it, but I will give it a try.

Read Salem's lot. Also heard good things about Anita Blake, but also heard bad, so not sure if I should give it a try.

Of course I have read the vampire chronicles. Love Anne Rice. I enjoyed visiting her store in New Orleans before she shut it down. I think it was on Prytania street. I read those books years and years ago (I think in high school). Maybe I should re-read them :)

I too am a Twilight, Sookie, and Anita Blake reader. Here's the bottom line on Anita Blake--they start out great, lots of crime and action and some romance. Then they literally turn into explicit, graphic sex novels around the 6th or 7th, I think, because of something that happens in the plot. There is no way to overstate the explicitness of the sex. And it goes on for pages at a time. If that is up your alley, you'll love it!

Now to return this thread to it's original focus: I love the Twilight Saga!!! Have you seen the videos of Taylor with his 8-pack abs?....Gaaahhhh!

have you read any other vamp themed books? always looking for good ones, which is how I stumbled upon the twilight saga, but want something comparable to Harris.

Chris, ReenaPP, and anyone else who loves Charlaine and vampires in general--

I haven't read every post, so I apologize if I'm repeating info here, but you have to read Kim Harrison's novels about The Hollows featuring Rachel Morgan. AWESOME. I love them just as much as the Sookie books. Another alternate history/reality world where witches (an actual different species from humans), vampires, werewolves, fairies, etc. exist and impact the social and cultural issues around them. They're fantastic.

Wow.....who knew a thread about vampires would take off. :p

So I'm now the owner of the Twilight movie.....with deleted and extended scenes I might add. I was looking through the credits for some of the songs in the movie and watched the very ending....I didn't realize that was Victoria watching them dance at prom. I thought at first it was Rosalie. Interesting....yes I'm still a freak :(

Now to return this thread to it's original focus: I love the Twilight Saga!!! Have you seen the videos of Taylor with his 8-pack abs?....Gaaahhhh!

Read someplace a while back that he almost lost the part (Jacob) because he was not built. So he gained about 20 lbs of muscle to play the part in New Moon.

I'm SO glad he'll be in New Moon. I really hope they do the werewolves justice. In Twilight, other than their speed and strength (and skin), the Cullens didn't look like vampires. I hope the "wolves" don't just look like regular wolves.

Chris, ReenaPP, and anyone else who loves Charlaine and vampires in general--

I haven't read every post, so I apologize if I'm repeating info here, but you have to read Kim Harrison's novels about The Hollows featuring Rachel Morgan. AWESOME. I love them just as much as the Sookie books. Another alternate history/reality world where witches (an actual different species from humans), vampires, werewolves, fairies, etc. exist and impact the social and cultural issues around them. They're fantastic.

I am going to have to check your suggestions out...The Hollows sounds intriguing...do I sense a Borders trip coming on tomorrow - good stuff on a rainy day, which is what the weather predictions are :)
Thanks!

Not sure how I feel about Taylor as Jacob - not what I pictured in my head lol

I just finished the Twilight Series about 2 weeks ago and I'm looking for something else to read. I agree, The Hollows does sound good. What is the name of the first book? Thanks!

I just finished the Twilight Series about 2 weeks ago and I'm looking for something else to read. I agree, The Hollows does sound good. What is the name of the first book? Thanks!

Here they are in order:

Dead Witch Walking
The Good, The Bad, and The Undead
Every Which Way But Dead
A Fistful of Charms
For a Few Demons More
The Outlaw Demon Wails
White Witch Black Curse

If you like Sookie, you'll like these. There's even more danger and adventure because Rachel is a witch for hire who takes cases for people who need help. The author promises many more books to come :)

I forgot to mention another series I absolutely love! It's Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files. Very cool. The main character is a man, so men might like these even more than Sookie or Rachel, but very much the same genre.

Kelly

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.