Need Fitness room TV recommendations

maddiesmum

Cathlete
My 17 year old TV, an old, really heavy clunker, up and died. Damn! So, I am in the market for a new one.

I am thinking 28 - 32 " LED. (Don't have space or $ for bigger)

Several models which interest me are:

1) Samsung UN32EH4003 32-inch 720p 60Hz LED HDTV (Black)
2) Samsung UN29F4000 29-Inch 720p 60Hz LED HDTV
3) LG 28LN4500 LED TV

Does anyone have any of these or something similar? What do you think? What do you recommend? What do you use in your workout room/space?

I want great picture quality, but most of all, great sound for my Cathe DVDs and Pink in concert DVDs! Mostly what I will be doing is playing DVDs.......

Love to hear from you and thanks in advance for all recommendations.

Clare

I don't know anything about those TV's. But I've heard quite often from reviewers that TV's in general do not have good sound and that you need to buy separate speakers if you want good quality.

Here's a great site that I use quite often. Helped me decide on an AV reciever and speakers 2 years ago.
AVS Forum
I also enjoy this site which has reviews on HDTV's and speakers etc. Solid 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers For Under $500. $46... - HD Nation

Oh and I just recently purchased this TV. But it's on backorder so I don't have it yet :( Not the best out there I'm sure but will probably be fine for my needs. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A7BGORU/ref=oh_details_o01_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I currently use my 13" Macbook Pro for my workouts. So I'm looking forward to the much bigger 32" TV.

Last edited:
I don't know anything about the brands mentioned but I know I would like a smart TV so I could access workouts off youtube and other sites with wifi.

I don't know anything about the brands mentioned but I know I would like a smart TV so I could access workouts off youtube and other sites with wifi.

I think I'm going to buy the Chromecast. As long as the TV has an HDMI port (all modern TV's do) this device plugs in and you have access to Youtube, Netflix etc. You use your computer, phone or tablet to control it I believe.
Amazon.com : Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player : Streaming Media Clients : Electronics

Adding: You need power either by using a usb port on the TV (most will have this) or using an AC adapter.

Last edited:
I have a Dynex(off brand from Best Buy) in my exercise room. Speakers are nothing more than average and picture is fine for workout DVDs. The input/output ports are extremely odd and I would not buy it again if I needed it for anything other than fitness DVDs.

I've heard nothing but good things about Samsung models. I own a 53" LG TV for our family room. The sound is decent and the picture is good.

Not much info, but hope something in there helps :)

I do this by connecting my iPhone to any TV. It's great when I travel and I can play Cathe's digital downloads too!

I have a Panasonic Viera LCD 32 inch that I bought a year plus ago. I also have two Samsung LEDs upstairs, kitchen and family room and they have been flawless. In comparison though, I chose the LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) because I didn't want picture fade in the extreme corners of my gym. Although truthfully, so many times I'm not even looking at the TV, good grief...I catch myself lifting with my eyes closed constantly. The Viera is not as technical or fancy as the Samsung LED, but its excellent for working out I do watch TV on it when I'm on my bike and feeling sloth. The specs are 720p 60Hz, and this is perfectly fine for workouts unless you want to game on it, then I'd get a higher refresh rate. The Viera has been easy to program and it plays nice with my system. I would also contemplate an additional sound bar, they are easy to hook up. I went a little overboard with my speaker system, but music is more important to me then the TV really.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.