Need advice on Which workout

jdifischer

Cathlete
Hi,

I am new to Cathe's workouts. I know they kick booty! I do not own any of her DVD's and am a bit overwhelmed. I am going on vacation with my best buddies and hubby's in March (Carribbean island). I am in decent shape but would like to lose about 8-10 more lbs and really define my body - expecially mid to upper. I am a former gymnast and my legs bulk out pretty quick. I have been doing Debbie Siebers Slim in 6 and Slim series as well as Karen Voight. Any suggestions on what to start with that I can do to really get me in shape fast. I own a step, a Firm step, weights, bands, ball. I have about an hour to an hour and half to devote each day. Thanks for all and any help.

5' 4" - 135 (want to get to 125)
Aerobic capacity moderate.
Weights - can't lift more than 25 lbs at shoulder level or above repetatively due to fusion at C6-C7.
Dawn

Hello Dawn,

I am not a great Rotation creator, but Francine is! I would do a search on the rotations Forum, something like -Starter Rotation? That way you can see what is there, and compare it with the workouts you do have. I know you'll love Cathe and the nice things her workouts can do for you!! (As she says in Pure Strength). Keep us posted...You also may want to post on the Ask Cathe forum, she is great about answering questions.
I personally started out with the Wedding Video, (b/c I was a bride to be then!), and it was great to ease into her choreography style.
Just my 2 cents!

Tricia

Here is something you might consider: The IMAX2/Cardio and Weights DVD plus the Kick-Punch-Crunch/Legs and Glutes DVD. A good rotation would be:
Mon: Kick-P-C (includes intense core work on the ball)
Tues: Legs and Glutes (no abs on this one)
Weds: IMAX 2 (no abs)(interval training off and on the step)
Thurs: Cardio and Weights (which is upper body work in circuits with the cardio on the step, followed by intense core work)
Fri: Legs and Glutes OR KPC Or one of the premixes
Sat: Imax 2

Since your goal is dropping 8 pounds fairly quickly, this will give you a mix of moderate and intense cardio, which you will need to burn off the pounds quickly. Also the Legs and Glutes uses lighter weights to keep in your lifting restrictions and would not bulk you up. It also has a bit of a cardio feel to it. The cardio/weights upper body work is a well rounded program, although after a while you will want to gravitate up to an all upper body tape I'm sure. KPC punching work will also tone your upper body/core while you are getting the cardio benefit at the same time. You can mix and match the core work to whateever days you want-do more or less as needed. The choreography in these videos is a bit simpler than Cath'es all step tapes too. Check out her previews before buying-you will get a good idea of the workout. Hope this helps!
Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.