Need a beginner rotation for a friend and

KRISTINE A

was wondering if anyone knew of a beginner rotation using weights? I am helping a friend (who has cancer) try to gain some strength and endurance. She had worked out in the past, but going through chemo has put a little crimp in her workouts. I am going to start her out with about 1-2 lb hand weights and maybe a very light barbell-7lbs. I want to use Cathe w/o's but don't have her beginner/intermediate w/o's. I have most of Cathe's tapes/dvds, and know I could modify them

Btw, I am doing STS now and loving it.

I think I know what I want to do with her, but would like some thoughts from others out there.

Thanks,
Kris

Hi Kris!

I'm not sure if I can help you with your friend, but I sure do understand. I have been a devoted Cathe fan and a runner for several years. I was training for a half marathon plus doing several Cathe workouts a week and then in February I was diagnosed with fallopian tube cancer. I had major surgery in Feb. and then chemo started in March. I have had 2 treatments so far. I have continued to walk, tried to run but it was really tough and started back with my Cathe workouts about a month ago. I just choose the shorter premixes and do as much as I can. I have gone down in weights to 8, 10 12#s. I don't have any of her beginner dvds, so I just modify the others. I had heard how important it is to exercise during chemo plus I enjoy it so much!
You sound like a very sweet friend to want to help her.
Best of luck!

Gin

Not for nothing - but everyone should have the two beginner DVD's in their arsenal - JMHO of course but... I am coming back from tendonitis now and using my old beginner series and rotation to get back without overdoing it (which is my natural tendancy anyway)

Beats getting in the habit of not working out at all and falling off the wagon!

Could you convince your friend to purchase them? I actually several of mine on eBay pretty cheap and that's what got me going. I know I have seen the beginner ones on there. In fact I just checked and on the first page there are 7 listings for under $10.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.