Nationality

ZT27

Cathlete
My dad and I were talking about immigrants from Ellis Island back in the time. We saw his grandparents' names on the list. Anyway, I was wondering what everyone's nationalities are? This always interest me because I like knowing where their ancestors came from. Mine are Italian/Slavic.

Lisa :)

I'm a second generation Canadian (parents were both born here), but on my mother's side I have French, English, Irish. My dad's side is English and German.

I saw your other post saying you grew up in Europe? Did you grow up in Italy or England? It wasn't clear. :)

1/2 Italian on my mother's side, German and Dutch on my father's side. I love that Ellis Island website. I found the ship my mom and grandmother were on. There's so much information, for instance, my grandmother came here with $30.

My great-grandfather on my Dad's side was an Armenian teacher/minister who had to leave the country to escape the genocide by the Turks. He entered the US through Canada. My Mother's side is Dutch/English and may go far enough back to make me a DAR. Rumors in her side of the family have us related to at least 3 presidents, John Adams, John Quincy Adams and Martin VanBuren. My Mom always got mad when my sister and I referred to ourselves as Armenian. It sounds more interesting, don't you think?

LOL-- Yes, it sounds more interesting saying you're Armenian instead of everything in you. I had an Armenian boyfriend. He is from Armenia and had heavy accent. He would get mad if I didn't say his last name correctly. He'd push my cheeks together to pronounce his last name correctly. LOL How hard is it to say Ohnyan??? Apparently hard enough for me to be corrected. :)

Well, here goes :) I am Korean, German, Scottish, Irish, Cherokee, Chicasaw, and Russian. I am supposedly a descendant of Pocahontas according to my grandfather's geneological records (but on the European side, since she was a Powhatan).

and I think that an Aremenian DAR sounds much more interesting!

arancini

After spending a considerable amount of time researching my family tree I can say without a doubt I'm a full-blooded American LOL. Nearly every single ancestral line I've researched reach back 200-300+ years in the US. Most everyone originally came from England/Wales/Germany. There's a little bit of Native American thrown in for good measure too.

For those who haven't researched their family tree, it is a truly an interesting (and entertaining) hobby. Just be prepared for finding things both good and bad.

As best as I can tell, horse thieves and drunkards would cover it.:+ It's a colorful story.

I'm mixed European and Native American (great maternal grandmother was full Cherokee).

I'm French Canadian - both parents are from Canada, I was born here. My DH is a mutt - a little bit of everything plus some Native American Indian for good measure.

African American, Seminole, Cherokee and a little bit of Irish or Scot/Irish thrown in for good measure. Dave is German with Russian roots as well as Dutch. Therefore, my children have a little bit of everything.

African American, Seminole, Cherokee and a little bit of Irish or Scot/Irish thrown in for good measure. Dave is German with Russian roots as well as Dutch. Therefore, my children have a little bit of everything.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.