Nationality

100% Tanzanian, Africa.
habari(speaks swahili fluently)
hakuna matata from the lion king
been here since 1994
asante
any africans around?

American .. Long time Southern family .. have a family gravsite in the woods on our land .. in the middle of nothing .. that has my father's ancestors and the tombstone reads 1819 ... wierd the name is my brothers name .. strange to see it ..

My grandmother researched our family on my fathers side .. to the best of my recolection our family has Swedish and English bloodlines ..

100% Polish!!
For those of you who have gone onto the Ellis Island website, can you give someone who is not familiar with it some info.
JaneJ

Fun post!
From my mom's side English and French and from my Dad's German and Scottish. My DH is Greek from is father and Polish from his mother. All his grandparents came thru Ellis Island. They have a story that his grandmother wore her shoes out, because she would skip around the boat all day as they came across the Atlantic, she was from Warsaw.
Jen

Father's side - Scot-Irish

Mother's side - German and also my great-great-grandmother was a full-blooded Seminole Indian.

100% Greek.
Both parents were born in Greece - I was born in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, but later moved to Toronto. Ontario.
I actually speak it and read/write it also.

Yve

On my mother's side, her father emigrated from Sweden as a young boy. Her mother's parents emigrated from Norway. On my Dad's side, his mom's parents were German-Russian, not sure exactly where they emigrated from. On his dad's side details are sketchy, but we think there is Scottish & English.

My Mother's side is Czeck, mostly Prague region. My fathers side goes way back, he is big into geneology. He traced one ancestor back to the Mayflower and is mostly English and Scottish.

Actually researching my Mother's bloodline right now, can trace it back to 1750 so far.
My Dad's side can be traced back to 1799

Mother's side - Irish,indian,french
Father's side - French,english

Kim

Italian. Both parents.

DH is cuban born in Havanna. He left as an infant with hs parents to get away from Fidel Castro. They arrived on Christmas Eve 1960 with almost nothing. Every Christmas my FIL stands up and tells the story. It is amazing.

My children therefore are a mix of cuban and italian. Can you say stubborn????

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.