My precious Punky

tsagona

Cathlete
Today is a very sad day in my life. We had to put my precious Punky down this morning. He has been in renal failure for the last 1.5 years. He put up quite the fight. I can't tell you how much I love him and how much I will miss him. My heart is broken.

Oh Tracy! I am soooo very sad for you! You and your family will be in my prayers!

((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Pam

Punky

Today is a very sad day in my life. We had to put my precious Punky down this morning. He has been in renal failure for the last 1.5 years. He put up quite the fight. I can't tell you how much I love him and how much I will miss him. My heart is broken.

I am sorry for your loss. I truly understand what you are going through. MY deepest sympathy to you & your family

Karen

I'm very sorry about the loss of Punky:(
I also understand & know how hard it is to lose your beloved pet:(
HUGS,
Cathy

I am so sorry. I know from experience how hard this is and how sad you are right now. Time heals and you will be okay, even though it doesn't seem so now.

I'm so sorry. Its never easy to lose a pet. They are a part of the family. Punky is in a happy and healthy place right now free of renal failure. ((((hugs))))

For any of you who has lost a pet, I found this on FB

A Tribute to Kumick

Male Siberian Husky

Birthday: Nov 1995
Adoption: Jun 06, 2006
Passed: Mar 23, 2009

May I go now?
Do you think the time is right?
I've lived my life and done my best,
an example tried to be.
So can I take that step beyond
and set my spirit free?

I'll not be far,
I promise that, and hope you'll always know
that my spirit will be close to you
wherever you may go.

So hold me now just one more time
and let me hear you say,
because you care so much for me,
you'll let me go today.

Susan A. Jackson

I figured out how to copy this onto this thread. It is truly beautiful
Karen

A Tribute to Kumick

Male Siberian Husky

Birthday: Nov 1995
Adoption: Jun 06, 2006
Passed: Mar 23, 2009

May I go now?
Do you think the time is right?
I've lived my life and done my best,
an example tried to be.
So can I take that step beyond
and set my spirit free?

I'll not be far,
I promise that, and hope you'll always know
that my spirit will be close to you
wherever you may go.

So hold me now just one more time
and let me hear you say,
because you care so much for me,
you'll let me go today.

Susan A. Jackson

I figured out how to copy this onto this thread. It is truly beautiful
Karen

Karen, Thank you very much for this! It brought tears to my eyes as I thought about my dog !! Have a great Sunday!
Cathy

Last edited:
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's hard, I know.

I remember my little Molly and Winkle as well. They are so precious and I've missed them horribly. Thanks for the memory.

Janie

I am so so sorry for you. On March 10th we had to put our dear sweet little cat Lucy down. She was only 8 and had gotten Bone Marrow Cancer. It was so fast! We only realized that she was sick at the end of January....it was hard to lose her so quick! She was wonderful.

I've been so so unhappy and I miss her so bad. She was such a part of our family. The house is so quiet without her. My kids are so sad too.

I know it's going to take time, I wish you well and know that you are in my thoughts.

Oh thank you all so much for your comforting words and hugs. This is going to take some time to heal. I just loved Punky so much. He turned 5 just one week ago. He was so sweet and smart. He loved me as much as I loved him and I know this because he kissed me and hugged me all the time. Have you ever had a dog that hugged. He always wanted to sit in my lap and then he would lean into me and press his head against me. He was the most loving baby. All I can figure is they needed a greeter for those people arriving in heaven. He will bring a smile to every face whether they want to smile or not. A true lover and joy bringer. I love you Punky. You are my heart.

{{{{Teracy}}}} I'm so sorry to hear about Punky.
I know exactly what you're going through, as I just recently had to put my cat Bobsie down, though she didn't last very long with renal failure.

I am so sorry for you loss. I truely understand how you are feeling. I too, am an animal lover. Mine are my children. It takes times, but just remember they will always be with you. I wish you the best!!! :)

I am sorry for your loss. In December of 2010, I lost my dog to bone cancer. It took her very quickly...two months from the intial diagnosis. I cried and cried for several months over it. Every now and then I still tear up when I think about her. I had her for over ten years from the time she was a two month old puppy. This poem gave me some comfort back then and I hope it helps you too.

The Rainbow Bridge Poem - Petloss.com

@hrcfitness -- After I lost my dog to cancer I started wondering why. There are a lot theories out there that cancer is on the rise for domesticated pets and people due to the preservatives in the food we are eating. With my new dog, I am very picky about what he eats because I don't want him to suffer like my last dog did. No creature deserves to die in such pain like she was in...I feel sorry for you too because your cat probably went through a similiar experience.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.