My neighbor shot my dog

fitnessluvr

Cathlete
Lately my dog has been getting out of our yard and going to the surrounding areas around our house. We live on 6 acres and the property is enclosed with an older metal fence. We have patched holes and tried really hard to keep our dog in our yard. The neighbor that lives behind us (some say he is crazy) shot our Lab and went and dumped him in a ditch in the feilds.

I just dont understand why he would do that. He has never complained to us about our dog or anything. We have called the police and filed a report, but it is not going to bring my dog back. It is not going to bring my sons best friend back. I will miss my dog very much. He used to sit at the door and watch me workout every morning. If only I would have known this was his last day, I would have finally put my feet up on the porch with him and just sit a while.

If you have a dog, go take time right now to just love of them, you just never know when it will be their last day.

Bodi was less than one year old. I pray that he will be at peace with Jesus in heaven.

Mindy

Mindy, I'm sorry for your loss.

I don't know how people can be so cruel. HUGS.

*♥´¨)
¸ .• ♥ ´¸.•*♥´¨) ¸.♥•*¨)
(¸.•♥´ (¸ ;.♥•Jennie•♥

Smoke free since: 2/05/08

Oh my god, Mindy, thats a sin! I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope your son, and you and the rest of your family, are doing ok. I just gave my 15 year old golden retriever (who I've had since she was born) a treat and a kiss.

Wow - how horrible for your family. So sad that your neighbor couldn't have complained or called the police, etc instead of taking it the that extent !

Mindy,

I am so sorry for your loss. Now this was ten years ago, but six months after I moved into my new home, someone shot my cat. What a great welcome to the neighborhood. Anyway, I know how you feel.

Oh my, Mindy! I'm so sorry to hear about your Lab! It's just unfathomable how cruel people can be. My heart goes out to you and your family. *hugs*

Oh my goodness!!! That's horrible! The @#$%% should have talked to you first or at the most called animal control. To kill your doggy and dump him is just WRONG. I really hope you are able to nail his butt somehow. (((HUGS)))

>Oh my god. Oh my god. That is horrible!!! I don't think I'll
>sleep tonight. I want that man who did this arrested. Maybe
>someone should shoot him and dump him in a ditch. Sorry to be
>harsh, but that's the truth. This is just terrible. I'm so
>sorry.
>

Not harsh sounding at all Allison. ITA! What this guy did was TOTALLY uncalled for and cruel to both the dog and the OP and her family! This guy is a monster IMO and needs to be held accountable for his actions!!!!

I just hope that we can prove he did it and press charges. We are not unreasonable or unapproachable people - why didn't he come talk to us? Our dog wasn't destroying anything in their yard or tormenting their animals. If one of my kids gets out is he going to shoot them too? I feel very violated and unsafe in my own home..

Oh, Mindy, that's just terrible!! I'm so sorry to hear about this! Have you tried calling the police about it?

I would hope they could trace the bullet back to his gun. I definitely wouldn't feel safe either! :(

Oh my goodness Mindy, I am sooo sorry. I can only imagine the pain you're goin thru right now. And i'm literally near tears after reading this message. I only hope that things get better for you and your family. And please do press charges against that nut who did this to your dog.

May he rest in peace.

This man's actions are not "just wrong" they are criminal, maniacal, and absolutely inexcusable. There's GOT to be a way you can charge him and he can be punished. There's just got to be. If he did this to your dog, whose to say he won't do it to a human being next?

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

I am SOOOOO sorry, Mindy!!! Honestly, I am really at a lack of words, how can people do this!! But I also know your furry friend had a wonderful life with you!!

Sending you lots of hugs!!!

My condolences are with you and your family.

If I were you I would be a complete wreck and that neighbour would have hell to pay.

I don't know what else to say I am shocked someone would do that.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.