My Little Lark

larks mom

Cathlete
Don't quite know if I should post this, but I will anyway. Some of you may understand. My Lark died last week. She was the best little dog I ever had. She was only 10 yrs old, had surgery for liver tumor which went "well", but did not recover, I don't know why--I've asked the doctor for a written report. Not that it will help a whole lot, but I need to know if I did the right thing or. . . or not.

I haven't been able to follow any forum threads, barely able to do a workout--end of March I could do a chest fly with 20 lbs, now 10 lbs is really tough. Lark always "helped" me stretch after, I let myself cry then.

Thanks for reading this far, just needed to share.

Janie

Janie: I'm so sorry to hear about Lark!

Allow yourself time to grieve.

I've found that sometimes sharing the 'good times' with others can help make the pain more bearable, as it helps us recall the good life our beloved pets had rather than dwell on their death. Tell us a bit about Lark's good life, if you'd like.

You're sure to get much understanding here, as there are a lot of pet lovers on the forum.

Janie,

Sending you loving thoughts. Many of us have been there and know how devastated and lost one feels when we lose our precious furbabies. Take the time you need to heal.

When you can please share some wonderful stories of Lark.

Annette

Janie,

Oh, I'm crying with you right now. Any time I hear of a dog's passing I just start to cry. I know what it's like -- I've been there a few times. It took me forever to finish reading Marley & Me because I had to stop after each single page to blow my nose!

It won't do you any good to question your decision, so don't dwell on that. I had to put down 3 older dogs (15 - 16 years old) a few years ago within a 2-year time frame. With one of them there was no question. But for a little while with the other 2, I would occasionally think -- oh, I could have waited a few more days . . .etc. Believe me, those sorts of thoughts get you nowhere.

When you feel better, please share some of the good times with us.

{{{Janie}}}

I'm so sorry to hear about Lark. There are many animal lovers here on the forum and a lot of us have been where you are right now. It is painful to lose a pet but I hope you remember how lucky you were to have Lark in your life as she was to have you.

Hugs!

{{{HUGS}}} to you Janie!! I'm so sorry you lost your sweet Lark! Take all the time you need to grieve and please come here when your are able and share stories of your precious baby! We had to put our sweet boy Docker down about 4 years ago. It was very unexpected and we were devastated! When we got home I layed on my livingroom floor and stayed there for over 24 hours! There are many friends here who understand your pain! Take care!

I am so sorry for you. It is awful to lose a best friend. I am sure you gave her the best life a dog could ask for. You will cry, but you will also remember all the great times you shared.

Annie

{{{HUGS}}} to you Janie. Try to remember the good times with Lark. Hopefully, that will help you through the grieving process.

Carrie

Losing a pet leaves a hole in your heart...savor your memories with your sweet girl and know you did the best you could for her.

Heidi

I am do sorry you lost your little Lark. We always worry if we did the right thing. If we did everything we could have done. It just hurts. But at some time you will be able to remember Lark, enjoy your memories and smile. It will take a while but you will get there. I just have to say I love her name--Lark. Somehow it just says it all. Hugs for you and my deepest sympathies--from someone who has been there.

I'm so sorry Janie! {{{hugs}}}

I can imagine how it feels to lose your baby like that! My Keirin died suddenly when she was only 2 years old. It still hurts when I think about it. Thought it was my fault.

No amount of reports or words will make it any easier, but know you're not alone! Let yourself cry as much as you need to. She'll always be in your heart.

It'll take time, but you'll be okay.

Sending healing energy to you!

Jainie,

So sorry for your loss. We have this on a large mural at our dog club and everyone is welcome to pin a picture of a beloved pet that has crossed the bridge to it with their name etc.. We all stop to glance at the pictures of the happy smiling dogs and think about the good times they gave us.

http://www.rainbowbridge.com/poem.htm

((((((Janie)))))) I am sooo sorry about losing your furry one!! Like many have said, allow yourself to grieve. We had to put our old doggie down a couple of years ago and we all still miss her. She had dug this really big hole in the back yard... just to dig. We had sod put down last year and had filled the hole with some of the old grass (which Tigger loved to roll around on). After a few rain storms, Tigger's Patch was born!! The hole where Tigger used to dig for fun had sprouted a lovely patch of health green grass!! It is now our memorial to our beautiful furry angel!!

Comforting and loving hugs to you and your family!

Pam

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how painful this is for you. :(
I lost my boxer girl a little over 4 months ago, and I still cry every day. I miss her so much and wish I could have her back restored to full health.
Our girl's health declined slowly over the course of 6 months and when it came to make the decision to help her to heaven, it nearly killed me. I second guessed the decisions I made for several weeks after. I think it's normal to have these feelings.
Remind yourself that you made decisions with all the love you feel for your baby. That can never be wrong.

((((hugs))))

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.