My LIC Review.

JT

Cathlete
This workout is the bomb!! Here are the reasons why:

1) The movements are a combo or new combos from workouts like Low Max, 4-DS LIS, LIC and IMAX2.
2) Less transitional moves so the pace seems faster than the older workouts.
3) After doing this workout twice, first time was 50% due to just back into working out and one preview, I did 98% of it. Attainable with some effort very short time doing it.
4) Routine 4. Fave combo. Although at first, it seems like the toughest to learn but I think it might be easier than three.
5) Push-ups and planks in the routine slows it down for a minute but great for toning. Enough to keep it fresh and hard enough when learning the combo to challenge fitness level.
6) The music. It fits the routine well although I don't remember each tune.
7) Word of Caution-Unless you are an expert stepper, this would not be the first Cathe step workout to do unless you preview more than once and do it on the ground.
8) Blast. Nice change from the combos. Almost like a whole new workout. Myself, when I think of blast, I think of the blast from Step Blast. Keeps heartrate up and toning with a good clip.
9) Combos put together. The whole routine with the warmup flows together and does pick up speed since you know what is happening.
10) Confidence builder and it works cause my bum is feeling it.

I love this workout!! Probably my favorite one from the LIS!! It's not extra tough and it's not easy either, very doable AND it gives you a good little sweat too :)

Great review BTW, very thorough.

I love the bonus step routine added on. By that time I'm getting a little over-choreographed and its great to have another 20 minutes of intensity without working my brain any further! I hope Cathe does more of the "athletic" style step routines, mixed in with choreography.
Beth

I totally LOVE Low Impact Challenge!!! Because of the mental workout, I don't even notice the time going by. The fun factor is very high in this workout!

I love the whole series, but this one is by far the most fun!!!! It has all of my favorite moves...I seriously can't get enough of hip hop repeaters, floor sweeps, all kind of lunges, step/ball change. And I agree about the 4th combo being the best of the bunch, it took me a bit to get it, but now that I know it, it is so much fun!!!!!!!!!!

But this is exactly why I love Cathe workouts so much....there are a great calorie burn, but I am having fun. I love a workout where I know I am working but am smiling too because I am having fun!!! Never a dread factor with any Cathe workouts!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.