My grandma passed away...

Sorry to hear of your loss. I think it was wonderful that you remained so close to her through her life and have loving memories.

Thanks for all the kind hugs and support. It means a lot, it really does. The absolute worst part was telling my 10 year old. I waited until after school. Seeing his face and hearing wailing for at least 20 minutes just cut me right to the core. He was so attentive with her when we saw her last at Thanksgiving. He helped us take her back to the nursing home when none of the other grandsons did...and she thanked him for that.

My grandmother was the ONLY person in the world that made me feel perfect. I could do NO wrong in her eyes and always knew she was there for me. We spent a lot time together when I was little. My parents would travel to Europe with my brothers when I was too young - I got to stay back and get truly spoiled. Chicken and dumplings every day if I wanted them.

She also is who inspired me to become a vet. She would donate her last dime to the SPCA, and many times did send them a few dollars here and there when she really didn't have much to spare.

I will miss the person who was on my side no matter WHAT. That's the unconditional love she gave me.

Still having a time getting decent air fares, but plugging along.

Thanks so much for all your support.
Heidi

I am so sorry to hear this. I am really close to my Nana and I couldn't imagine my life without her. She raised me as a child. Sending you hugs.

I am so sorry!! My grandma, who raised me and was my 'mother' passed away August 7, 2008. There is not a day that passes that I don't long to see her or call her. She was 82. I still mourn for her and certain things hit me in a way like it was just this morning I got the call!

Here is what I wish someone had told me when she died and I was trying to plan the 1000 mile one-way trip with my family of 5...one of which was a newborn! The airlines didn't give me a 'deal'. However, i went to priceline.com and named my own price. Since I put it in for the next day, I got it for about $135.

I pray a peace and a comfort for your family.
Jessica

(((Hugs))) to you Heidi! So sorry. I am also close with my Grandma and can't imagine losing her, especially after losing my mom a few months ago. There is nothing like Grandma's unconditional love! Sounds like she was a very special lady!

Your grandma sounds like such a wonderfully caring person. I'm so very very sorry for your loss. (((((((Hugs)))))))) to you and your family.

I am so sorry for your loss. You've described such a lovely lady. May her kindness and unconditional love and support guide you in future days. I'm not familiar with airfares but I hope you find some reasonably priced tickets to make things a bit easier for you now. Hugs to you!

Bam

Bless your heart. If it weren't for all the arrangements you have to make I'd tell you work is actually a relief and great for keeping your brain too busy to focus on the sadness for very long. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

My grandmother was the ONLY person in the world that made me feel perfect. I could do NO wrong in her eyes and always knew she was there for me. We spent a lot time together when I was little.

I will miss the person who was on my side no matter WHAT. That's the unconditional love she gave me.

Heidi

{{{Heidi}}}..I understand the grief that you are feeling and I'm so very sorry.

I had the same relationship with my grandfather. He was an amazing man. He was the heart of our family (on my father's side). I was devastated after he passed quickly in 1995. My siblings and I spent our summers with him in Miami when we were kids and they were so wonderful! :) I've held on to those wonderful memories, they really help during the difficult moments.

Your grandma was an amazing woman as well and I hope that you are able to find comfort in your memories with her. Her unconditional love will always be with you. :) More {{{HUGS}}} to you.

Can You Stand Another Hug?

You were so lucky to have had this wonderful woman in your life. She is lucky to have had a granddaughter who loved her so much. No wonder your son is the lovely person he is..

Condolences,
Donna

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.