My eating observation

Now if only I could find a vegan corn dog!!

Kathryn, have you tried the Morningstar brand of veggie corndogs? I don't know if these are vegan or just vegetarian but they are as good as the real thing! :9

Sparrow - I went vegetarian (nearly vegan) about two years ago and I went cold turkey too. I read "Eat More, Weigh Less" by Dean Ornish when I did. It's a great, fast read and it provides a list of all of the things you can eat (it's more of an everyday list) that doesn't include tofu of TVP, etc. (since tofu is a bit more unusual for the average American diet). The back of the book also has some great recipes. I picked it up in a half-price book store for about $5. I also think (again, JMHO) that going cold turkey will allow you the experience of really feeling a significant difference from the meat-eating diet.

I wish Morningstar stuff was vegan. I lived on that stuff as a vegetarian. The only items I found by morningstar that were vegan were the Crumbles and the new "steak strips" which I thought tasted good, but were just too "meaty" and creeped me out. I prefer the Smart Dogs. They're vegan and IMO, they taste pretty good.

Carolyn

Thanks for the tip Carolyn, I'm still trying to find my way through the products to the find the good tasting vegan ones. I will definitely give the Smart Dogs a try. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.