My BB DVDs are defective!!

AmyCaitlyn

I just received my BodyBlast DVD's and it seems that at least two of them are defective. The beginning sequence starts to freeze and then it eventually comes to the main menu. I tried going to different parts of the workout, and sometimes that too freezes up. I am very upset about this! I guess I should contact customer service...but I waited so long for these. I hope it doesn't take too long to remedy this situation.

Amy

OH NO! which dvds are those? gosh, don't tell me all the dvds are defective :(

i guess it's not your player since you already played Cathe's previous dvds.

>OH NO! which dvds are those? gosh, don't tell me all the dvds
>are defective :(
>
>i guess it's not your player since you already played Cathe's
>previous dvds.

Actually it could be the player. DVD players are more like computers than VCRs: in order to use a program on your computer, it must be compatible (correct Operating System, video card, sound card etc.) whereas VCRs only take VHS tapes. Not all DVD players will play all types of DVDS - even now. It could be that the disc is too complex for the DVD player. With so many different kinds of DVDs around (RCE, super-bit, multi-layered, multi-interactive etc.), it's inevitable that some players are going to have trouble playing some discs.
ATB,
- Lisa :)

Hi Amy,

Before you give up on those problem DVDs, see if there's any helpful information in the "DVD School" thread which is tacked to the top of the "Video & DVD Questions and Comments" Forum.

Good luck!

RE: Try cleaning the DVD itself

Wow, Deborah, I can't believe that works! I have a lot of trouble with my S&H disc; I don't use it very often, but when I do, it's very frustrating! I've been thinking I'd buy one of those disc cleaners, but I think I'll try your method first. The bath towel doesn't make the disc all linty or scratch it?

-Marie:)

I have a disc cleaner and so far it has always fixed any problems I have. My S&H DVD has a problem also, but not the normal problem of freezing up. I put it in the DVD player and when I push play, the DVD player ejects it. It normally takes it the second or third try. Very strange.

Have you tried one of those cleaning cloths? I know I sometimes get a new dvd that acts up but after I wipe it it seems okay. So far the dvds that I've previewed look fine.

Robin

RE: Step DVD

I was previewing the Step Blast and Step Jump and Pump (correct title?) workout and the DVD froze for just a moment at about 1:09 into the DVD, but it fixed itself. It did that twice.

Damn. And I waited so long!

Susan G.

RE: layer Change

All dual layered disc will have a slight freeze just past the halfway point. This is where the laser has to go from layer 1 to layer 2. You will see this in Step Jump & Pump towrds the beinning of Kung Fu Fighting.

That's exactly where I saw the freeze - during King Fu Fighting! Whew! Glad it's not a problem!

Susan G.

On the Timesaver DVD if you play workout #5 with music louder option
it ends up playing workout #3. Anyone else have this problem?

Question for SNM Regarding the Slight Freeze Points of All Dual Layered DVDs

You mentioned that in SJP, the slight freeze is seen towards the beginning of Kung Fu Fighting.

Can you tell us where the slight freeze points are for the other 3 DVDs- So that we know that it is not a defect.

PER SNM:
"All dual layered disc will have a slight freeze just past the halfway point. This is where the laser has to go from layer 1 to layer 2. You will see this in Step Jump & Pump towrds the beinning of Kung Fu Fighting."

Thank you for the info. I cleaned my discs that were causing me problems and the problem seems resolved!! Thank goodness...after waiting so long for these workouts, I have been so anxious to try them. So far, I have done some of the premixes, just to get a flavor of several workouts. Cathe has once again out done herself, and with all the premixes and Workout Blender, I can't see needing another workout for a long time :)

Amy

>with all the premixes and Workout Blender, I can't see needing another workout for a long time :)

Hey Amy -

I remember saying this once too, however, 12 Cathe DVD's later.... everytime there is pre-order for new Cathe's, I fight the urge to order but I fail miserably. The pre-order is such a great deal that it's hard to pass up!! I admit it....I'm ADDICTED!!!

Enjoy your DVD's!!!
http://mercury.walagata.com/w/kalir1/kali2.gif http://mercury.walagata.com/w/kalir1/kali4.gif

With regard to DVD player problems...

Just in case you do clean your DVD and still have problems, keep in mind the player either won't recognize the particular programming OR the laser may be out of alignment or may be experiencing problems. I have had this come up on one of our DVD players - the laser and unit were overheating about 45 minutes into a DVD and I kept blaming the rental gallery for bad disks (even after cleaning ours) and discovered it was our player and that it had begun overheating. We have since replaced it. I have also had lasers lose alignment and to have it repaired is more expensive than a new DVD player. Just an FYI.

I just tried that one this week and yes indeed it plays workout #3 when you select workout #5 with the music louder option! I tried 3 times just to make sure I wasn't selecting something strange.

Susan

RE: Question for SNM Regarding the Slight Freeze Points of All Dual Layered DVDs

>You mentioned that in SJP, the slight freeze is seen towards
>the beginning of Kung Fu Fighting.
>
>Can you tell us where the slight freeze points are for the
>other 3 DVDs- So that we know that it is not a defect.

Yes, PLEASE let us know this! (Just for the "regular" workouts, not the premixes, unless you want to;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.