Mucinex

eminenz2

Cathlete
Have you tried this OTC medicine? Did it work?

I have a hurting, productive cough and was thinking of giving it a try.

What says the educated crowd?

Thanks in advance!

Susan L.G.

Hi Susan! Both my DH & my sister used Mucinex and all I have to say is stay home if you plan to use it. It will make you cough nonstop bringing it all up! It made my sis cough soo much she threw up so be prepared. (I guess that is the idea...to get the mucous out?)

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I have been using it for two days now and havent had that problem. My mom swears by it so I thought I 'd give it a try. I will let you know though if anything else happens.

I'm not in the medical field but the medicine in Robitussin is the same as in Mucinex. Personally I use Mucinex whenever I get a bad chest cold (I have asthma & don't wan tto mess around). Hope you feel better soon.:)

I used Mucinex once when I had a horrible, phlemy cold. It definitely cleared up the congestion- so well that I felt like I had swallowed a desert. I was so dried up that I got a nose bleed! My husband swears by the stuff but I just can't use it.

cristina

I must say mucinex did pretty much work for me, I coughed up a lot of phelgm but my goodness, I could not sleep and when I did, I remember having some nightmares. That could just be me though.

Katrina

Yes, I have asthma and rely on it whenever I get a cold to make sure I don't have complications. I've never had any of the side effects talked about, but everyone's different. My doc recommended it so you might try asking, or if you have a good pharmacist.

Get better soon!

I just went to the doctor for a really bad cough. I told him I have been using Robitussin. He told me to switch to Mucinex DM because it has more of one of the important ingrediants than robitussin (he told me which one, I just don't remember which it was). I have to take it with food and water, otherwise, it will make me sick to my stomach. It seemed to have worked at clearing out my nose.

i use the mucinex d, and it is the best over the counter med i have tried for congestion. i think it is going to help me get through spring.

suri

if you have a congested cough what it will do is break everything up so you are able to spit it out. Its not an instantanious drug...it may take a day or so to start working. I dont think that you need to stay home if you are planning on using it ...not that strong. But, it usually works well.

melissa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.