More marathon congrats!

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Our fellow Cathletes Carole (Mckmain), Jackie (jamarba), Linda (me2), Dallas (cwsoxfan), and Karen (karenvictoria) all completed marathons this weekend!

Karen persevered through rough weather and the hills of Baltimore on Saturday, Carole smoked the Bizz Johnson Trail Marathon in CA on Sunday, and Jackie, Dallas, and Linda kicked some asphalt in Chicago on Sunday. Special congrats to Dallas, Jackie, and Karen on their first full!

All had strong finishes...WTG, my friends!!!

multistars.gif
multistars.gif
multistars.gif
multistars.gif
multistars.gif

22.gif
Cathy!! I want to extend
EHwdgnxiqqBoist.gif
to Jackie, Dallas and Linda for their finishing of the Chicago marathon!! Also to Karen for her finish of the Baltimore marathon....I feel this about all of you cheetahs
19.gif

I was happy to finish my 14th marathon on Oct 11th on the Bizz Johnson trail in Cali. I had never done a trail marathon and this was my first. A downright beautiful course. I only had a bit of a problem with a blister I felt forming on top of one of my toes about 14 miles into the run. Not bad until it popped about mile 21. If you are reading this Sarah...I remember your story!! I knew I wouldn't stop. My sister (she had gotten 1st that day in her age group for the half marathon) rode out to meet me about mile 23. What a godsend....Those last few miles were hard....they usually are..but I finished in 4:44 and beat my previous Napa time of 4:52. I was happy to be done!! I ended up in 6th place out of 18 women in my division. Amazed at all the 50-54 yr olds running that distance! WAY TO GO! My plan is to get in 3 marathons for my 50th year! The 3rd one will be in Jan 2010.

Goodness gracious, Congrats to you all!! I am training for a half right now and I really can't imagine training for the full. Good for all of you for doing it!

Congratulations all around, ladies!!!!! AWESOME WORK!!!! :D

But let's not forget about the cheerleaders! I am sure they did a fantastic job as well so here's a shout out for Cathy, Gloria and Thomasina!!! :D

WAY TO GO CHEETAH BABES!!!!

Seriously - you all rock! Congrats to Dallas, Jackie and Karen on the firsts!

Congrats to Carole for a 26.2 mile TRAIL run - and her 14th! marathon!

Congrats to Linda for her second marathon!

Way to go!

Fit Mommy: I'm not kidding, ice baths are the secret to recovery. I stand before you (well I'm actually sitting :p) with NO SORENESS whatsoever, only 3 days after running 26.2 miles. I'm walking up and down stairs with no problem, my sore hip from the other day is now back to 100%, and if I didn't have the pictures to prove it, I'd think that I imagined the whole marathon.

I'm less sore now than I was when I ran my last half-marathon in July and guess what? I didn't do an ice bath after that. I was sore for a week after that half. This time? I was sore for 6 HOURS. Monday morning I got up and felt fine (other than my sore hip). Tuesday, I felt 90%, and today, I'm back to 100%, except for this nasty cold that reared its ugly head.

Ice baths aren't fun, that's for sure, but 10 minutes of torture are WORTH it.

Congrats, everyone!! Hope your recovery is going well!! :)

Remember: ice baths, ice baths, ice baths!!

Recovery is going great thanks!! I ran today and all that hurt was that darn blister! But this will pass....OMG, no ice baths for me. I am so not a fan of the cold!

Congratulations to all!
Hope you had better weather than we did here.
I'm in awe of anyone doing a marathon. You ladies rock!

My cheetahs are the source of such support and friendship to me this past year. They not only encouraged me and helped me though my mom's death this past year they also were the ones who made me think I could do this thing called a marathon.. You ladies mean the world to me.

Cathy- for all your encouragement, your support, your friendship, and your wonderful title threads each day, I thank you from the bottom of my cheetah heart.

Carole- for you knowledge and willingness to share all you know with us at any time.

Jackie, Dallas, Linda- We did it girls. We do rock. Don't we.:D

Christine, Wendy- You both are amazing women. Beauty on the inside and out.

To all the other cheetahs, You Ladies are amazing. Your support near or far to any of us is to much to put into words.

Cathy - Thank you so much! And thanks so much for your support and help!!!

BIG Congratulations Carole, Karen, Jackie, Dallas!!! All of you did great! Isn't it hard to believe it is over??

I know I couldn’t have done it without my Cheetah pals! Absolutely no way! Thanks to all of my Cheetah friends for your encouragement, support and friendship!!

Thanks everyone for the congrats, everyone!

Linda

Thanks for all the Congrats!

Karen...I was so happy and proud of you training and accomplishing your marathon goal! Thank you for your kind words and I am always happy to help when I can.

Linda...Thanks! Yes it is hard to believe it is over! I know I was kinda dreading it and excited for it at the same time!!

My cheetahs friends sure helped me through this marathon....Huge thanks to all!...:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.