MMA workout fave?

rose2boys

Cathlete
For some reason I'm having a hard time getting into these workouts, so I was wondering:

What is your favorite one of the three (most fun, effective,etc.) and why? And/or, What do you like/dislike about each one?

Thanks for your input!

I hated MMA Fusion the first time I tried it; I kept spazzing out on the combos and the drills and couldn't get them down for the life of me! The 2nd time I tried it, my experience was way better. Now I LOVE this workout!! It's so much fun and you really feel it in your core the next day. I also love the fact that there are very challenging moves mixed in with simpler ones so you always have something to work up to. I'll usually add on the heavy bag bonus to get some more calorie-burning in on days I do this one.

The other 2 are fun too, I just don't find them as challenging. I add them on to STS days if I feel the need for a cardio boost.

Another vote for Fusion. I especially like the second and third combinations. I agree with meliffy18 - the Boxing and Kickbox are fun, too. I guess Kickbox would be second, with the third combination my favorite. It isn't that I dislike the Boxing ... maybe I just really like "kicking?"!! : -}

Fusion!

I haven't done them all, but of the five that I have done, Fusion is my favorite by far. It's fun, it's challenging, and it's easy to learn and hard to do.

I feel like I've worked hard at the end, but there is no dread factor at all.

I don't have boxing. I love the kickbox and fusion both. Although, I just did Fusion last week for the first time, it is my favorite. It is so different and challenging, just love it.

Kristin

I dont have Kickbox. I love Boxing and Fusion equally, having done them just once each. I like Boxing because it is different from my other kickbox by having no kicking. I love the agility drills between boxing. Fusion is my first MMA-like workout. Some moves are too hard for me, but I gave myself permission to just do my best when following along and had a blast. I am looking forward to doing both again equally.

ETA: I just did MMA Boxing for the second time and liked it even better this time around. Now I wish I had got MMA Kickbox too.

Last edited:
I LOVE fusion! I do this workout every week. It is so different from other workouts that I've done. I don't feel it in my abs the next day however, but I do feel it in my upper back muscles. There is no dread factor for me with this workout and I get better at combo 2 everytime I do it. I just did boxing for the first time the other day and I loved it too. I skipped the lower body drills because I have a sore foot right now and can't do the impact, so the workout ended up being about 35 minutes long which I think is perfect to add on to a leg day especially since it's mostly upper body. The punching combos were really, really fun and not too hard to figure out, and it gave me good DOMS in my shoulders. I haven't done kickboxing yet, but I watched it and unfortunately it doesn't look fun to me. I wil try it though, you never know.

I am not a big fan of MMA: Fusion, I guess because I am not very good at it. I have done it a few times and have improved on some of the moves, but I don't think it will ever be one of my go to workouts. The kickboxing and boxing are great. I especially like adding the heavy bag bonus on the end of some of my cardio workouts.

Gosh, I like them all. Hard to pick a favorite. I guess I would say Boxing is my favorite. Love the combos and drills. The core work is great too.

~Renee

Hi Everyone! Do I get to play too :p

Ok, here is my take on it.

MMA FUSION: I wrote this response in another thread....
Hi Zozo and others! MMA Fusion definitely has a learning curve to it. Mixed Martial Arts classes offered in your typical karate studios are not typically done to music and in general are not choreographed so creating a DVD while capturing the best of both worlds was a challenge for me. I'm glad you are enjoying it. Yes, the core work is straight from MMA fighters I worked with and I LOVED these exercises and found them to be exceptionally beneficial in all aspects of life. While initially different from my typical style, the workout does grow on you if you stick with it and it definitely has its place in your fitness workout collection. Enjoy!

MMA BOXING: This was my most favorite MMA to film. That day I was light on my feet and I enjoyed all the focus being mostly on the upper body. The bonus bag workout was fun because we had never done one before. So overall this workout just had new excitement to me.

MMA KICKBOX:
This is a no nonsense straightforward workout that just goes in and gets the job done. Some days we really appreciate those workouts too...plus it helps offset the intense thinking that goes on in fusion.

Enjoy!

progress.gif

Hey ladies just wanted your opinion here,

Out of the 3 which one is the easiest one? I'm 19 weeks pregnant and would like to try one of these that are not to high impact.

Thanks

Out of the 3 which one is the easiest one? I'm 19 weeks pregnant and would like to try one of these that are not to high impact.

Thanks

Well, you wouldn't want to do fusion if you're pregnant. You could do combo one, but combo 2 involves rolling around on your back and combo 3 has alot of bending forward of your body at the waist. You could modify it, but I don't think it's worth doing if you're pregnant, you would have to modify too much. You could definitely do boxing which is a really fun workout. If you don't want to jump too much you can leave out the lower body blitzes which would only shorten the workout by about 15 minutes. I haven't done MMA kickboxing yet, so I can't comment on that one.

Thanks

I think the boxing move might be a good choice. There are some blitzes you might not want to attempt, but the boxing drills are low impact yet very intense.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.