MMA dvds

nikkithin

I haven't been on Cathe's site in a while and noticed a bunch of new DVDs! very exciting.

Looking at MMA dvds - boxing, fusion, and kickbox...talk to me, what is the favorite? what is the toughest work out? I can't figure out the big difference in all of them.

THANKS

My personal favorite is MMA Boxing. The moves are a bit more straightforward for me where Fusion and Kickbox are a little more complex. I am not coordinated enough to enjoy them as much as I wish I could. But I love MMA Boxing - to me it seems like KPC but a bit shorter. You might also like Cardio Core Circuit if you are looking for a challenge. It's tough but very good. Circuit Blast is also excellent. Those are my 3 favorites in this series and keep in mind that each of the DVD's in this series are a little under an hour, so shorter than most of Cathe's earlier DVD's. Good Luck choosing - it's tough. :)

MMA Boxing definitely has the biggest calorie burn in my opinion and is probably the easiest choreography-wise of the three. There is a heavy-bag bonus that is included. I don't have a heavy bag but still do this bonus. Sometimes I add weight gloves to this section if I have the extra energy. You will still burn quite a few calories without the heavy bag.

MMA Kickboxing does have some more complex choreography but not as complex as MMA Fusion. I like this one but I can't say I would choose this over other Cathe Kickboxing DVDs.

MMA Fusion is truly fun but does have pretty complex choreography. I just did this one this morning and I can't say it is a huge calorie burner (probably the least of the three MMAs) but it is so much fun I don't mind that I don't get a bigger burn for my buck. This one really makes me feel strong and like I could kick some serious booty if I had to. I also really like the abs section of this one (turtle spins are the best! :eek:).

If you don't want all three, I would vote for boxing and fusion over kickboxing (imho).

I also agree with the previous poster that Cardio Core Challenge is certainly challenging and quite the calorie burner. It is also pretty fun and has a cardio drills only premix that I consider to be somewhat of a HiiT workout.

Hope that helped!

I have all three - and most often, I reach for Fusion because there are some cool moves in this one. Boxing is my second choice, and I hardly ever do MMA Kickboxing. For Cathe kickboxing, I prefer 4DS Kickbox, KPC or Kickmax.

None of the three MMA dvds are super advanced or tough, so if you are an advanced exerciser, you will breeze through them without a problem.

To keep my heartrate up during the workouts, I usually do jumping jacks or high knee jogging between the routines (i.e., when Cathe pauses to let the heartrate come down, or explain the next move).

All of this is not to say that I don't enjoy them. Fusion is a lot of fun, and Boxing moves quickly. They are good workouts for when you want something a little less intense and time consuming.

CCC is definitely the DVD to get if you want an intense workout!

Have fun choosing!!!

yes...CCC is a toughie but a goodie! i also like MMA Boxing, and I like the core workouts at the end of all 3 of the MMA DVDs. in fact, I used the workout blender to create an abs workout using just the abs from the 3 MMA DVDS.

I may have to try MMA Fusion again. i had/have a knee issue (injury) and can't get my knee comfortably in some of the moves.

have fun selecting!

Boxing workout: just upper body in the combo section, then a short blast which is stuff like hopping and jumprope. End with an ab section and also the heavy bag bonus.

Kickbox workout: more "traditional Cathe" where the combos combine punching and kicking. Ab workout at end.

Fusion: has you going down on the floor during the combo moves, but otherwise kicking and punching (IIRC) during the combos. Ab section, too.

I personally like the boxing workout as it fills an interesting niche in my workout collection: an upper body focussed cardio workout if you skip or modify the blast sections, and how many workouts can say that?

I like the boxing one. I do it often, I just did it this morning. I like the jump rope section. Sometimes I will do the drills/cardio section 2x and then skip the abs.

Alisha

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.