Mineral makeup users ... how often to wash your brushes

I have severe acne so (when I wore makeup) I washed my foundation brushes after every use :confused:. I had three brushes so that it wouldn't be a problem if I didn't have time to wash one day. I used to not wash my eyeliner/eyeshadow brushes very often, but realized that my eyes were quite irritated all of the time. My lashes started growing back more and I stopped getting irritated after I started washing those once or twice a week. Oh, and just if anybody is interested, Bronner's soap has worked best for me for cleaning those things! I usually use Peppermint and Eucalyptus, but I don't think that matters. It works better than expensive brush cleansers (MAC and Sephora), dish soap, shampoo, and face wash. Quicker, too.

I used to not wash my eyeliner/eyeshadow brushes very often, but realized that my eyes were quite irritated all of the time. My lashes started growing back more and I stopped getting irritated after I started washing those once or twice a week.
Thanks for the heads up!

I haven't been washing my eyeliner (mineral makeup) brushes! But I'll bet they would pick up more bacteria than others, perhaps, and it would be a good idea to wash them more often (I guess anything would be 'more often' for me! LOL!).

For some reason, I find it necessary to share my faults (and stupidities) with others. :confused:

I have yet to find time to wash them brushes, then again.....I haven't found the time to put make up on in a couple of months either. :p

I don't either Melanie so don't feel bad! ;) I'm more likely to end up getting a new brush before I clean one!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.