Michael Jackson -- Cardiac Arrest

I'm not usually one to be opinionated, but after reading the above posts, I have only one thing to say. I CANNOT believe his father showed up at the BET Awards last night and sat in the front row, gave interviews on the red carpet, etc. That right there tells me an awful lot about his character. His son just died a sudden, unexpected, tragic death only a few days ago!!!! Shouldn't he be at home mourning the loss of his son? I was totally taken aback by his presence there. I understand him wanting everyone to pay tribute to his son, but did he need to be there? I'll stop babbling now.

Wasn't he acquitted by a jury the second time? I wonder if they were impartial or blinded by celebrity.

My point which I didn't clarify well enough is the comments where he settled out of court does not mean he was guilty.

And yes he was acquitted the second time. Thank you for pointing that out.

I'm not usually one to be opinionated, but after reading the above posts, I have only one thing to say. I CANNOT believe his father showed up at the BET Awards last night and sat in the front row, gave interviews on the red carpet, etc. That right there tells me an awful lot about his character. His son just died a sudden, unexpected, tragic death only a few days ago!!!! Shouldn't he be at home mourning the loss of his son? I was totally taken aback by his presence there. I understand him wanting everyone to pay tribute to his son, but did he need to be there? I'll stop babbling now.

I saw the BET awards last night and I could't believe his father. My jaw dropped when he started promoting his new record label. I did however like the special appearance of Janet who stated she was there on behalf of her family. It was a real tear jerker. She stated, "to you he is an icon, but to us he's family".

Anyone watching/watched this special "Living with Michael Jackson"? It's an interview with MJ and it is just HEARTBREAKING. Listening to him describe his childhood is so sad. :(

I was disturbed by MJ's father at the BET awards myself. I agree with Laura, I mean, his son isn't even buried yet,and here he is at the BET Awards. He should have been mourning with his family, and not at a music award. It just didn't seem to me like it was about Michael. I guess I sound a little judgmental, but yeah, that did bother me.

I agree with you. I remember watching a made for TV movie several years ago (or more, you know how time flies as you age!). It did not paint a nice picture of Joe Jackson. I think the problems that ALL of the Jackson children exhibit can be directly tied back to their upbringing. I am normally not one for the psych diagnoses of blaming childhood for problems but I think, in this case, it is definitely relevant.

Carrie

Too bad maybe

I personally am glad that one more pedophile is gone. Being the Aunt of a nephew who was molested, I have a hard time feeling sad for him. I hope he ends up with elderly women.....at least they will be safe.

I personally don't think he molested anyone; If he did, what does that say for the parents who settled instead of getting him off the streets.

I was thinking the same thing

Suzette

MJ's mom was videotaped shopping at Target on Saturday. Um, your son just died and the media is all over this and the family members. Did they have a blue light special? Oops, my mistake, that's K-Mart. :confused: Sorry, I just don't get it.

Bam

MJ's mom was videotaped shopping at Target on Saturday. Um, your son just died and the media is all over this and the family members. Did they have a blue light special? Oops, my mistake, that's K-Mart. :confused: Sorry, I just don't get it.

Bam
Wow!!I'm not trying to pick on you personally, but comments like this seem a bit harsh to me. I've lost my parents, my DFIL, and my young niece, and in the days immediately following their passing, I was "spotted" by friends at the grocery store, Walmart, Kmart -- whatever. I mean, I still needed things from the store, and quite frankly, it's kind of nice to get out from under the gloom and doom for a bit of fresh air and a change of scenery. It helps to have a reprieve and shopping is a great way to distract yourself from the overwhelming feelings of sadness.

She is also a grandmother who is now taking care of three grandchildren. She isn't in a position right now to just veg out and mourn -- she has little people to take care of as they mourn.

Just a different perspective for MJ mom.

I agree, Michele. When my grandmother, whom I loved (and still love) more than anyone in the world, died, I spent two hours looking for a dress to wear to her funeral. I bought nothing, after realizing that I had plenty of things at home to choose from. It also hit me that I had spent two hours wandering around in that department store mainly because I had to keep myself together there, and I was losing it when was alone.

Hey, I'm no fan of MJ or his family, but, come on, to ridicule or dismiss the grief of a person who has just lost someone because they are seen in a store is pretty unfair.

Wow!!I'm not trying to pick on you personally, but comments like this seem a bit harsh to me. I've lost my parents, my DFIL, and my young niece, and in the days immediately following their passing, I was "spotted" by friends at the grocery store, Walmart, Kmart -- whatever. I mean, I still needed things from the store, and quite frankly, it's kind of nice to get out from under the gloom and doom for a bit of fresh air and a change of scenery. It helps to have a reprieve and shopping is a great way to distract yourself from the overwhelming feelings of sadness.

First, I am sorry for your losses and I most certainly do understand the need to do something routine. But because of the magnitude, popularity, controversy and more associated with MJ and knowing that the media would be all over you and harrassing you, I would think you'd want to stay low keyed. You and I would not have the media pounding on us asking about the funeral, custody of children, wills, cause of death, and so much more. What I don't understand is why you would subject yourself to that. Hey, it has no impact on me but I just found it a bit odd considering who had just passed away and opening yourself up to the media. But what do I know. I will never experience what they have with the world watching.

Bam

Maybe Katherine Jackson just wanted to get away from it all. Who knows. I do think that was rather odd Joe Jackson plugging his new record label at this time.

yep my sister and i mostly window shopped but it gave us a chance to think clearly b/c we were in a different environment and really talked a lot. we were able to talk about fun things about grandpop without falling apart. and as mentioned there are children involved and you have to hold it together.

i wouldn't be harsh on momma but daddy is another story!!! he basically forced those kids into the business and micheal and probably the other children,lost the sense of who they were b/c their childhood was all music,fans, and that labeled them for life. can you imagnie? i know i am in therapy and once all this crap was stripped away i had no sense of self b/c it was like "i am good for only this,what else can i be, who am i even?". i can see MJ going through something like this. then after the death he goes out in his fancy clothes, that we know his kids probably got him to plug a record label! that's just crass and that is something he could have kept to himself until a little time after the funeral. sheesh his son hadn't even been buried yet.

then again this is JMO from media portrayal of the man but he doesn't do himself any favors with how he portrays himself on camera interviews.

micheal was not a typical person and he had his issues,but he was a BIG mark in history and its sad to see that icon go. the same with farrah, billy,mcmahon. we didn't know them personally but we had some attachment to them b/c of their footprint. its always sad to here a death of somebody who had an impact.

kassia

Same for me when my mother died. It was so hard but I was out shopping the day after she passed away.
I had to go shopping for suits for my boys and dress for myself.
Just because I was out shopping, and held it together for to do that, doesn't mean I wasn't hurting inside.
You have to push yourself to keep living because that is what your loved one would want to see. And I believe they are beside us during our sorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.