Meso 2 - strength inconsistency

Ela

Cathlete
Hi everyone,
I am truly am open to any input regarding my challenge. I am on the second week of meso 2 (3month program). This is my second round os STS. The first time I did the 6 month rotation. This time I decided to use dumbbells instead of barbell for the tricep extensions and boy I've noticed major inconsistencies in terms of strength in my arms. I was only able to lift about 8 reps with the given weight on my left arm. The right arm was a lot stronger and I was able to finish all the sets with the suggested weight with a struggle. But I did it. The first week I did the workout for Chest/Shoulders/Triceps gave me major doms, which I still felt the end of the week in my triceps. Do you have any suggestions how to go about from here. Go lighter with the weight on both sides? Only on the left side? Or do less reps for my left arm with the weight I use on my right arm? I am confused, please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much,
Ela

I would do extra reps on the weaker side, starting with the heavy weight that you use on your strong side and dropping down to a lighter weight when you get to failure on the heavy weight. (If your form is very poor with the heavy weight, you may have to use lighter weight for awhile.) The idea is to build up the strength on the weaker side so it catches up to the strong side.

I would not lighten the weight on the strong side.

Stebby

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.