Meso 2 Legs - OUCHIE!

princessbear

Cathlete
Hi all. Did my first M2 leg workout yesterday ... going into it, I knew it wasn't going to be "a walk in the park", but man oh man, by the end I was shouting some really mean things at Cathe. The first set of trisets were okay - weights were dead on, completed all 30 reps. Halfway through the second set of trisets, I found myself having to take longer breaks and by the third set I was even slowing down between triset exercises. My heartrate was really up there ... but I completed it and have the crazy DOMS to prove it today. I woke up and tried to get out of bed ... ouch ouch ouch.

I have a question - does anyone use a heart monitor when they do their STS workouts? I bought one a few months ago and I use it - but I'm not sure how accurate it is. It SAYS I burned 600 calories doing Meso 2 Legs... now, my heartrate was really up there, but is it possible that I burned 600 cals?

don't have a comment on the HR and cals burned for this workout but wanted to say that i did this workout yesterday too and i'm having a hard time sitting down today LOL! My breathing was through the roof so i'm sure my HR was really elevated.

My max calorie burn for Meso 2 legs was 374, I averaged around 340. Meso 3 plyo legs was around 300 (shorter workouts).

I guess it's possible for someone to burn that much, but that someone most definitely wasn't me! LOL.

Heather

Maybe my HR monitor is off, although it hasn't been THAT off before ... or maybe I'm just cardiovascularly-challenged because it felt harder than any of the Meso 1 leg workouts... or maybe it was the combo of high reps with heavier weight... I am glad to know that I'm not the only one whose breathing was crazy and who can't sit down or stand up without wincing today. I can barely walk. LOVE that feeling!

Oh I hurt! I think I was sore from head to toe the entire Meso 1 and Meso 2 cycles!!! The crazy thing is, I kept putting those darn DVDs in the player though!

Heather

Maybe my HR monitor is off, although it hasn't been THAT off before ... or maybe I'm just cardiovascularly-challenged because it felt harder than any of the Meso 1 leg workouts... or maybe it was the combo of high reps with heavier weight... I am glad to know that I'm not the only one whose breathing was crazy and who can't sit down or stand up without wincing today. I can barely walk. LOVE that feeling!

After reading the comments from the Meso 2 legs master file, I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one with the elevated heart rate during this workout. Using the heavier weights specified with the trisets, I also had to pause the DVD a few times to get through it. Holy cow... I was wiped! (And I consider myself pretty advanced with cardio workouts.) So, I totally understand! And, MAN, did I have DOMS! Could barely sit on the toilet!

Marcia

just finished meso 1 yesterday, and i had forgotten how hard those workouts are, and now ya'll are reminding me how hard m2 is. i'm hurtin' just thinking about it.
cathy

Mary,

I could have written your post. I just finished the first week of Meso 2 legs and man.....this is my 2nd time with STS and I guess I just forgot how hard it is. I wear a HRM with every workout. I burned 465 calories. My heart rate was between 155/182. Leg workouts are so hard for me and they just wipe me out! But I think the 465 is lower than my first time through. Your 600 could well be accurate - lots of variables to consider with ones HR. Whatever it is, you completed one hard -$$ workout - no pun intended, haha!

Tracy

I'm curious to see what happens on Week 2 leg day.... It took me 3 days to be able to walk right ... and sit and stand without assistance... I LOVE STS!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.