Memorial week mommies May 30

quick one handed post while pumping..
melanie-have a good time at the graduation!
jen-I love your insanity posts. I need to find a good day to hang out w shaun t again.
christine-thanks for the pee stopper ideas. if I don't figure something out, I willneed to build caden an ark
muscle max this am since reese slept until 445 then went back to sleep. would love to try a new insanity tonight but i'm usually too tired by 8 on my nights alone w the kids.

back sometime when I have two hands

Hi everyone, I have been busy cleaning the house and getting the room ready for MIL's arrival. She got here yesterday and will be around for 2 1/2 months. She was so grateful she got to come and meet her grandson. Daniel statred baby food this week (squash, bananas, carrots and sweet potatoes) and I don't know if it's due to the change but he hadn't had a bowel movement in 3 days, today willbe his 4th day. Is this normal? Any suggestions?

Christine, I get along with MIL just fine, we live in two diffrent states though and I never been with her for this long so I hope her stay is uneventful. At least she doesn't get in my business and it's very respectful. I like that.

Melanie, so glad you are feeling better, how did the baby food turn out?

Jen, I envy you, I wish I live by the beach to go swim every weekend. Being raised in an island and surrounded by water, the beach is all I can long for this summer.

Susan, nice to hear from you, you'll be back on track in no time!

Lisa, pumping is not easy ahh? For how long you're planning on nursing?

Today is our 3Rd anniversary. Nothing big is planed out. I guess with MIL around there no much you can do ;), maybe during the weekend

BBL

Priscila- Lucky you that MIL is respectful and stays out of your business. Wish I could say the same about mine. ;) Why don't you have her babysit so you and DH can enjoy some alone time? About the pooping, are you still breastfeeding? I remember that it is normal for breastfeeding babies to not poop for up to a week and it be okay. But I think you are right, maybe Daniel's system is adjusting to the new food. I wouldn't worry unless he is really straining to poop. If he seems content, then I'm sure he is fine.

Melanie- Hugs! I hate that you are feeling this way and there is nothing we can do to help. I hope Justin's party was fun. You should be so proud! Rain all day never helps my mood either. I am a sunshine gal!

Lisa- What is it about my Insanity posts you love? Just the fact that I am psycho and love the workout? I almost cried after one the other day because I pushed myself so hard and just felt such a release! I know that may sound goofy to some but that is my therapy. :D

IL's are supposed to be at the house tonight and I already told DH not to hold dinner because I have plans with Shaun T!! :p

Hi Christine, Susan, Allison, Kendra (where are you? still doing laundry?? :p) and all the other lovely mommies!

bbl with more...
rea quick... priscilla- prune juice mixed with breast milk or formula will do thew trick. Apples, yellow veggies (squash), bananas and rice are all constipating. Some babies need extra water when starting solids, too. Prune juice wiull do! If you do not have any, a tablespoon of brown sugar, not whie, in warm water and feed... That will work! Good luck! I know how hard it is when they do not poop. Oh, and avocados. Those do the trick.
Jen- I so want to have a date with Shaun T right now. This head cold has john and I feeling like crap. Have a great workout! Woo hoo!
Lisa- Did you try bigger diapers?
mel- hope you feel better.

Morning ladies! Did Pure Cardio last night and I struggled because I had to take Tylenol PM the night before. It always makes me feel hungover. Today is Power and Resistance and my last day of the first week of the Insanity Rotation! And I am still alive! I am so sore and achy that I cannot wait for my rest day tomorrow! I cannot believe I have done Insanity 5 days in a row!

BBL for personals!

Way to go, Jen! I made it through two weeks of the insanity rotation, it was so hard! I was really tired! I feel the same way from sleep pills, they help me sleep, but then I am buymmed out and hungover the next day. And I retain a lot of water when I take them, weird? I think there is sodium in them?
John is getting better and I am on the mend, but now Jimmy si sick. Grrr. You know that means that DH is next. He will have to fend for himself. BBL!

Hope your household feels better soon Christine! Miss you!

BTW anyone been watching the Bachlorette? I (heart) Jesse! He is hot! Whacha all think so far?

Thanks girls for the great suggestions. A patient asked me this mornig about my baby and we I told her about his constipation problem since we started baby food. Can you believe that she went to to supermarket next door and got some apple and prune juice for Daniel. She also got something called Karo I guess (sugay syrup) to mix up with water. Well, I went home and gave him some juice and it did the trick!!! Thanks Christine!

Jen, yes I'm still breastfeeding too, I guess his little tummy was adjusting to all the changes.

Did anybody watch Losing it with Jillian? I recorded it but haven't watched it yet

They need me here, bye

Priscilla- What a sweet and kind thing for your patient to do! I swear by the prune juice. I always joke that it looks like a latte when I mix it with his formula! There is nothing worse than a constipated baby! Yay and I am so happy for Daniel! Glad MIL is such a great addition to the house.
Okay, BBL, this house is a trainwreck. Too many grouchy sick people. I cannot shake this thing and the kids are a mess. Jimmy cried for an hour becuase of a sinus headache and wanted me to get the snot out of his head. Benadryl for him tongiht. At least he will breathe.
Off to figure out dinner. Could serve dog food and nodody would know since noone can taste anything.

Jen-awesome job with the insanity! About your posts...they just make me want to put my phone/computer down and do an insanity workout! Your passion for the workouts shines through...or maybe it's a layer of sweat making your posts shine. Either way..

Priscilia-that's awesome you'll be able to handle your MIL around. I would have to check into a hotel...wouldn't be able to handle that much time. I like my space!

Christine-you are a wealth of info. How is it that you know something about everything?? I hope you can kick the crud in your house. How was the dog food dinner? :) Your meals always sound awesome, so I'm sure you could even make dog food appealing

Melanie-How is your day? Did you work?

I did Insanity Max Interval Plyo...I may not be able to move my lower body tomorrow....my legs are fried. It felt great though! I lost some fluff around the middle over the weekend. We were at the in-laws, and since they don't eat my type of food, I really didn't eat very much. Fluff is coming back though as I've gone back to eating my foods...must be the insane amount of fiber I eat. Plus I've been nibbling a lot since I can't shake this funk. I think I'm just tired at night, can't focus on any single "to do" around the house since there is so much, so I graze. I'm also starting to think I may be getting my period sometime soon. I've only had ONE since December 2007, so I've gotten very use to not having to hassle with it. Guess it's better than being pregnant right now.

Off to put away some laundry so that I can know I did one productive thing tonight.

Hi, ladies! I just got caught up on everyone :)

Jen, sounds like you guys have already gotten your money's worth on the pool! I think it's awesome how much James loves it too. In your line of work, I think a gun is peace of mind; when you do home visits, I'm sure you meet with some very unsavory folks at times -- and not many are thrilled to have you coming to their homes. WOO HOO on the Insanity. Does anyone have the extra Insanity DVDs? I remember somebody mentioning them, but wasn't sure if they are out yet...

Christine, so sorry to hear that your house is STILL sick. I can't believe how long you guys have been dealing with *this* (whatever *this* is, right?). I had to laugh at the 22 mile run comment too :)

Melanie, I'm sorry to read about your dad. Yep, cancer really sucks. What it does to people and families is so painful. Are you able to bump up your trip and go now, instead of Father's Day weekend? Can't believe Jadon was walking at 6 months -- I would have been so ill-prepared for that LOL Yay for the girls getting on all fours and rocking -- crawling is coming soon :D

Lisa, no period in more than 2 years?! Wow! The "waiting" for it to reappear would be stressful. Mine was due this coming Sunday, but it came yesterday. Explains a lot about the early days of this week LOL I hope you're not too sore from yesterday's Insanity workout, but if you are, well, it's a good pain, right?

Priscilla, your MIL is there for 2-1/2 MONTHS? Did I read that correctly? Oh, I would lose my mind if it was just 2-1/2 WEEKS! Glad Daniel finally got some relief. That was so nice of your patient to get you the stuff. The only Karo I know is corn syrup; didn't know that could relieve constipation.

Susan, so nice to see you! Moving is so stressful under any circumstances. Having to live apart from Paul makes it even worse. Those 5 pounds will melt off once your new routine is established. Thinking of you -- good luck with the move!

I think Drew is cutting more teeth -- he is F-U-S-S-Y, and he is quite the drool monster. In 2 weeks time, he started crawling forward, sitting up on his own, pulling up onto his knees, and now onto his feet. He also took a few steps (the "cruising" kind, around the table). Ella didn't start walking until a week after her 1st b'day. I think he'll go sooner. He is into EVERYTHING, too. This kid is going to wear me out LOL He's such a charmer and a flirt!

BUT, he has been crying most of the time I've been posting (nominate me now for Mother of the Year, for ignoring my kid!). We're off to the playground before we hit 90 today. Normal highs for this time are in the 70s. I am so tired of all these 90-degree days. Thank goodness it wasn't this hot last summer when I was pregnant!!

Lisa, I've given alot of thought to the timing of my visit to my folks house. It's a 14 hour drive. I have a full-time job and as sole provider of my family I need to provide for my immediate family. As a nursing mom of twins, I cannot just fly by myself for a visit. My time off had to be arranged around my work schedule, and have enought time to attempt to gather enough money to pay for the trip.

My Dad hasn't eaten in 12 days (they stopped feeding him via GTube). He drinks a little bit of water, but he's essentially wasting away. He is close to 100lbs. I really don't think that he'll make it to Father's Day... and if he doesn't I (and my family) can remember him as being slightly ill....not in the gruelsome state he's in now. If we are able to see him before his passing, we'll take that time too. Father's Day is going to be a tough holiday for all of us this year, it'll be nice to be close to my mom either way (either to help with my Dad, or to help with the healing).

Today I go to courthouse to pay for my speeding ticket :( , to renew my driver's license, and to take care of some other odds and ends.

I have nervous energy about our trip to Fargo tomorrow & am asking everyone to pray that we get good news at Myranda's hematologist appt.

I'm also going to try my luck at running a new five mile loop around my house. It's all "off road" on gravel through deep woods. :) Hope I don't get any ticks!! :eek:

Christine, I want to work some extra hours just to buy the boys that gigantic Little Tykes water slide thingie that you have!

Allison, how many teeth does Drew have?

Susan, you still surviving?

Jen, I'm looking to get a new water floater thingies for the girls. Do you have one that you really like that you can recommend?

Precila, how's the pooping going?

Lisa, I didn't have my period for three years during the time I was pg with Justin---thru nursing Jadon. It was wonderful!

Have a nice day, ladies!

Just came back from a 2 hour moms' group meeting at a playground. Ella fell asleep on the way home, and when I woke her up to come inside, she said, "I'm too tired for a bath right now. Please can I just sleep?" Woo hoo!! Drew is asleep too. Ah, I'll enjoy the quiet as long as I can!

Tomorrow I leave for a girls' weekend with some of my stepmom friends. I have not been without the kids since Drew was born in September, except for the night in January when I was at my grandmother's funeral (sharing a hotel room with my parents and brother). Can I just say how much I am looking forward to getting a mini-break?!?!?!

Melanie, Drew has the 2 bottom teeth (which he got beginning of March). Feels like he's finally getting the top 2 teeth now. You got it on the prayer request for tomorrow. (((hugs))) How big a city is Fargo? Total side note, but I just love that movie!!

Christine, should've known you had them ;) How are you feeling today?

I treated myself to highlights last night, but I'm not really happy with them. Not as blonde as I was hoping to be, but rather light brown. Sigh. I don't treat myself to such things anymore, so I am disappointed and feel like I wasted money. I feel like I can't go back to get it how I wanted, because this stylist seems a bit moody/witchy -- I like how she cuts my hair, so I don't want to irritate her LOL

Phblllttttt -- the quiet was short-lived. Apparently Ella decided she requires no more sleep. She's taking "quiet time" until 3:30, but a nap would have lasted longer. See that -- I should know better than to count my chickens before they hatch...

Lisa- I really enjoy Insanity. :D Except last night I was supposed to do Plyo Cardio and I just wasnt feeling it so I took my rest day early. It is hard on my body to do 5-6 days a week so I am just going to do what I can of the rotation. I dreaded getting my period again but (knock on wood) it really hasnt been that bad. That was my deciding factor about not going on hormonal birth control. If the periods were bad, then I would go back on birth control.

Melanie- BIG BIG HUGS and I am always thinking of you. DH is becoming a little stressed about money right now and I see how it is affecting him so I cannot imagine how much you have on your mind right now with finances, your dad and Myranda. My grandfather passed in hospice and as hard as it was to see him go that way, it really was peaceful and they took such good care of him. Totally changed my outlook.....As far as the float thingies, we have a frog one (from Walmart, I think) at MIL's and a Scooby Doo one (Walgreens?). Both have the covers to shade him but I personally like the Scooby doo one better because the ring part is not as thick. Kinda hard to explain. James only sits in it for a few minutes because he absolutely loves to be held and splash the water with his hands which is hard to do in the float.

Allison- Good for you for getting away this weekend! That sounds so nice right now....That sucks about the hair and the hair stylist. That is the one splurge that I still do because I want it done right.

Christine- I miss you girl! Whip that household back into shape!! ;) Poor Jimmy....I wish we could help give you a break!

Yay! Tomorrow is Friday! Thank goodness this week flew by! Did Power & resistance tonight and it seemed a little easier. I think I figured out why my back has been bothering me since starting Insanity. When I do globe jumps or hit the floor or suicides, I think I am bending my back too much in leu of squatting with the legs. I tried to squat more or not go down as far so hopefully that helps.

James is trying to say "uh-oh" and he babbles and then says "da da".

Off to snack on some Kashi cereal and go to bed!

Morning ladies! I feel like I am talking to myself....:p James woke up at 1230am for some reason last night. I wonder if he had a bad dream or something...Can babies have nightmares?

DH's chief's retirement party is today so I get to leave work for a few hours (YAY!) to attend.

Ok well I feel strange so I will go now..... :D

I am totally lurking, you are talking to me, I just am being lazy! GLad that you get to leave work for a bit. I will BBL, just want to assure you that you are not a freak.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.